+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2009Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

ButterflyFaery, my condolences to you and your family.

Butterflyfaery, now you have an angel you know.
    Go Tigers!

Butterflyfaery, I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Butterflyfaery, so sorry to read about your Grandmother. She sounded like a brave and courageous woman. My condolences to you and your family.

I'd be willing to bet my last nickel that no one is going to do all that clean up. So far, they've removed some of the wet ceiling tiles (not all the tiles and not even all the wet ones); no removal of wet carpet, just fans to dry it; they've drilled little holes in the wall to help with dryout - but that's IT. Some of the upper management doesn't seem to think it's a big deal, because it's not bothering them. So they figure if it's not bothering them, then it's OK for everyone else. I have a feeling it's going to be a long, drawn out fight. [sigh]

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2645595;
    I'd be willing to bet my last nickel that no one is going to do all that clean up. So far, they've removed some of the wet ceiling tiles (not all the tiles and not even all the wet ones); no removal of wet carpet, just fans to dry it; they've drilled little holes in the wall to help with dryout - but that's IT. Some of the upper management doesn't seem to think it's a big deal, because it's not bothering them. So they figure if it's not bothering them, then it's OK for everyone else. I have a feeling it's going to be a long, drawn out fight. [sigh]
    They may not WANT to do it. But if there are enough employees sick and complaining to the health department they may HAVE to do it or face lawsuits. Sick building syndrome is a recognized illness and does have consequences for the owners of the building if they are not providing a safe enviroment for their employees. Fight this. There is no reason to get sick at work because someone's too cheap to fix it right. That's what insureance is for anyway.

In Florida a few years ago, there was a small town that built a brand new city hall and city offices. The contractor was an idiot and the whole place got mold before the construction was even complete. They moved in and within 6 months, had to move back out as everyone was getting sick. As far as I know, the entire building is still sitting there empty and has been for years.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks everyone for your advice and comments. I'm off on Monday anyway, so we'll see what happens on Tuesday. I'll keep you posted!

Scout mom- I had to go through this when during the 2003 or maybe 2004 where the hospital had to close each floor of the hospital to clean out the mold, but when it came our turn we had to stay on our floor because our floor was the telemetry floor. In other words we would've had to move all the computers we use to monitor heart patients. I nstead what they did was close off each section of our floor and clean it that way. What a PIA that was
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2643632;
    I wanted you all to know that my grandmother did not make it through the surgery and I want you all to keep us in your prayers....She was a very strong faithed lady who KNEW without a doubt that if God chose to take her then it was his will...and I know without a doubt she is with Jesus now even if it makes me selfish to wish he would have left her with us longer....THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH and please continue to keep us in your thoughts
    ButterflyFaery: I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear grandmother. I lost my beloved Baba earlier this year. I like to think that all our grandmother's have a meeting place in heaven where they get to continue to share stories, have tea, and laugh and smile.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Office Update: It's getting better. Tuesday night they cleaned the carpets and supposedly put down some stuff to inhibit mold growth. It smelled much better Wednesday morning, but as soon as the heat kicked on, you could smell it again. They're supposed to start changing all the filters today. They were supposed to come yesterday to take an air quality sample. I don't know if they did that or what the results may have been. It smelled kind of musty this morning when I came in. But it is MUCh better than it was. Thank you, all, for your comments/suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread