+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2640266;
    Butterflyfaery, you're grandmother will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I have a favor to ask.

A friend of mine's 15 year old son has MRSA. It came in through a scrape on his leg. They think they have caught it early and are treating it as best they can. He is under doctor's care and can't return to school. They don't know how he got it either, other than he scraped his leg.
    She's freaking out and I don't blame her.

But just asking for prayers for Jason. I know I would be fearful if it was my child too.

Thanks.

yes of course you too are in my thoughts in prayers...our school system put out a recorded phone message to every parents house the other night on the MRSA....so I hope he gets better soon.

To the rest of you..THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS and PRAYERS..the surgery is this morning...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

gabriel - They took out the wet ceiling tiles yesterday afternoon. When I got to work today, there must have been at least 15 of those huge fans blowing. I feel like I'm working in a wind tunnel - not because of the breeze, but the noise! Sounds like they're doing all the right things!

butterflyfaery - I'll be thinking of you. Please let us know how the surgery goes.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, butterflyfairy and myrosiedog today.

scoutmom: I'm glad they are fixing up your office. It would be very unhealthy if they didn't tear it apart and fix the ceiling!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I wanted you all to know that my grandmother did not make it through the surgery and I want you all to keep us in your prayers....She was a very strong faithed lady who KNEW without a doubt that if God chose to take her then it was his will...and I know without a doubt she is with Jesus now even if it makes me selfish to wish he would have left her with us longer....THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH and please continue to keep us in your thoughts

MRD

ButterflyFaery,

I am so very sorry to hear that. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers at this time. My deepest sympathies.

The FORT is full of caring people so if you need support or a place to vent, you are in the right place.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

ButterflyFaery - I'm SO sorry. Your grandmother sounds like a great lady. I'm sure she's dancing in heaven right now. We miss our loved ones who pass, but when we know they're in heaven with Jesus, it takes some of the sting away. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2643654;
    ButterflyFaery - I'm SO sorry. Your grandmother sounds like a great lady. I'm sure she's dancing in heaven right now. We miss our loved ones who pass, but when we know they're in heaven with Jesus, it takes some of the sting away. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH and yes you are right ..I KNOW she is dancing with JESUS right now and she is with my grandfather who has been gone such a long time and I know they are watching over us.. I appreciate all of ya'lls thoughts and prayers with my family in this time and I can even begin to express how much it means to have friends like that here on the FORT

ButterflyFaery - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandmother. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

ButterflyFaery, I was so sad to read your post about your grandmother when I signed on this morning. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers and like myrosiedog said-the FORT is a wonderful place to vent so don't hesitate to reach out to us during this time.

to you and your family
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Office Update - The flood happened through the middle of the night Tuesday into Wednesday. On Wednesday afternoon, people from maintenance came and removed some of the wet ceiling tiles, but not all of them. (Why you may ask? I have no idea!)

Thursday morning when I got in (at 6 AM), there were big fans placed throughout the office directing air onto the wet carpet spots. I could smell mildew or something as soon as I opened the office doors. I had a cold that was almost gone, and I was feeling pretty good by Thursday. However (big however), by mid-morning, I was coughing like crazy, had a massive headache, and my head was horribly congested. So I thought my cold was coming back - which didn't make me very happy. Throughout the day, various people were complaining of headaches. A couple went home early.

Thursday night I felt fine. The cough went away, headache went away, congestion went away. Felt fine Friday morning when I got up.

I got to work at 6 AM as usual. As soon as I got off the elevator, I could smell the mildew. It's actually getting WORSE! Within a half-hour, I was coughing, had a bad headache, and was all congested again. And then I found out one of the girls in the office (who is always sick) ended up going to the hospital because of breathing problems!!!

Needless to say, by 8 AM,I was sitting in my own little house again. I have a vacation day scheduled for Monday, so we'll see what happens on Tuesday when I go back to work.

Anybody have any experience with something like this?

+ Reply to Thread