+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I need a really long extension cord or a battery operated heating pad as the heat seems to be the only thing that really helps the pain as the meds aren't doing much.
    One can purchase power inverters that plug into the cigarette lighter and provide AC current. I've seen them at Wal-mart, Lowes, and Home Depot, so they are readily available. I don't know how much power a heating pad pulls (it may be be considerable ), but it is worth looking into.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

After exhaustive research (TWO Google searches!) I found that a heating pad draws about 65 watts

Appliance Usage Chart

which is well within the capacity of a plug-in converter.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

You are a sweety to do that for me. I will be looking for a converter for the car. Now if I can just get the museum and church to understand why I need a heating pad plugged in for me while I'm there.

The car thing is great. I had another one of those episodes in the car today where I needed it and had to loosen the belt so to speak to get home. And believe me, I do NOT wear tight pants, but when the pain hits, even the baggiest of pants feel like they are skin tight.

Thanks again Newf, that was wonderful for you to look that up for me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Newbie Yeti Sports: Stagedive Champion, Island Bowling Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, FG Baseball Professional Champion bearhugz's Avatar

Myrosiedog, have you heard of those Thermacare portable heatwraps? I've never used one, but I believe that you simply open the package, and the heat lasts for 8 hours.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Mrd, are you nauseous as well? Do you think it could be your appendix?

JLuvs, I'm sorry to hear the latest on Sean. The gal who has cut my hair for about 10 years, Sharon, was diagnosed with brain cancer several months ago, and has been putting up a valiant fight. But she's slowly deteriorating - last week she stopped working and is now home with hospice aid. I'd appreciate prayers for her, too. She's a woman with thousands of interests including breeding Corgi's, photography (she even flew to Wyoming and sat in a blind photographing wild Mustangs for over a week) and dancing the tango (had to cancel flight reservations to Argentina for a tango vacation next summer).

MRD, I use ThermaCare wraps on my neck almost daily, and they're fabulous - it's like having a heating pad without the electrical cord. They last over eight hours, and I get them at Costco. There's a menstrual one that sounds like it's the perfect size and shape for any stomach ailments.

ThermaCare HeatWraps—Menstrual

ETA: I was interrupted while composing this post and just now noticed bearhugz also mentioned the ThermaCare. Great minds think alike. to the Fort, bearhugz, it's always wonderful to see new faces around here.
    Last edited by roseskid; 10-24-2007 at 07:54 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

roseskid - I certainly will have Sharon in my thoughts and my prayers.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

bearhugz, my Himalayan game friend

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2627855;
    Mrd, are you nauseous as well? Do you think it could be your appendix?
    I don't have an appendix or a gallbladder. Those were the first two things the dr. asked me.
    No, they really think its IBS as all other tests have come back negative.

Thanks for the info on the heat wraps guys. I am going to go check those out.

The heat seems to do more for easing the pain than the meds they give me.
    Fortunately it isn't ALL the time, but when it hurts, it really hurts. Mostly it happens in the middle of the night and sometimes during the day.
    I just keep being told that its overly sensitive nerves in the intestinal tract.
    Since this has been happening, people have come out of the woodwork to tell me that they too have similar problems with IBS. I didn't realize that it was so prevalant. I haven't minded giving up the stuff they told me to give up, except coffee. I would really love a good cup of coffee right now. Even giving up the chocolate hasn't bothered me as badly. And I didn't drink that much coffee before, but man, there are times when a good cup of joe is just what I crave.

If this keeps up, I'm going to invest in some giant mumu's as those don't press at all on the tummy. It just seems that when the pain starts, the clothes are very constricting.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Newbie Yeti Sports: Stagedive Champion, Island Bowling Champion, Disco Bowling Champion, FG Baseball Professional Champion bearhugz's Avatar

Thanks for the welcome Canuck!

+ Reply to Thread