+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859991495491049 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Well, I appreciate all the condolences, everyone. I had my own little memorial service Saturday night, with much booze consumed and many tears shed. Now it's Monday and I'm back at work, and life goes on, as much as I don't want it to...

At least it's almost Christmas and I can sort of look forward to that, although it won't be as merry without Willie...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Fogey
    YA, I'm a little late, but I'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss.

I was really, really sick last week, barfing and whatnot. I think I got food poisoning. I'm much much better now.

pinkieparrot glad to hear that you are feeling better.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Well, I appreciate all the condolences, everyone. I had my own little memorial service Saturday night, with much booze consumed and many tears shed. Now it's Monday and I'm back at work, and life goes on, as much as I don't want it to...

At least it's almost Christmas and I can sort of look forward to that, although it won't be as merry without Willie...

Oh, YA ~ my heart is breaking for you. Losing my Bogart had the same effect on me. I don't know if I'll ever get over him. All my best to you, YA, you have such a good heart.

I'd like to thank a few people for their cheerful wishes. evalaruefan, combatcutie, and roseskid. It did me a lot of good to think that others are praying for me or sending their good thoughts, etc. A lot of people in my real life have no idea what is happening, at one point I was even afraid to tell my boss there were health concerns thinking I may be replaced. It's tough getting older.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    val, that is what we are here for. Feel free to pm me anytime you need to talk or vent.

MalibuPam, I'm sorry you missed your party. I know what you mean by saying that you are not mad at him, but feel a little disappointed that he isn't there with you so you could support him.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Oh, YA ~ my heart is breaking for you. Losing my Bogart had the same effect on me. I don't know if I'll ever get over him. All my best to you, YA, you have such a good heart.
    Ah, thankyouverymuch.

I don't want to forget her. There will never be another dog like the Dog with a Thousand Names (as I called her sometimes). But, she has all of her teeth again and she can run and jump just like she used to. Squirrels and rabbits in heaven, beware...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    My heartfelt thoughts to you all! Val, hopefully you're feeling better and your health is good. YApple, the loss of your dog is always hard. Mine is a member of the family also. And Pam, I am feeling for you so much! You're in the hard spot of the spouse. You have continued to "soldier" on and keep the family home going. But, don't forget to "soldier" on for yourself too! You have to keep your spirits up, too.

Needed to vent and here seemed appropriate....
    at the company Christmas party this morning, got a call from the main office telling me they had just received notice from the IRS stating they were to levy my entire paycheck until the $26,000 I owe (their figure, not mine,) is paid... levy immediately. HoHoHo. Called them to straighten it out but I will apparently have to wait until after I can afford to pay the accountant the $650 I owe to do the taxes. Of course now I cant pay the accountant because they are levying my paycheck.
    This sucks.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    Needed to vent and here seemed appropriate....
    at the company Christmas party this morning, got a call from the main office telling me they had just received notice from the IRS stating they were to levy my entire paycheck until the $26,000 I owe (their figure, not mine,) is paid... levy immediately. HoHoHo. Called them to straighten it out but I will apparently have to wait until after I can afford to pay the accountant the $650 I owe to do the taxes. Of course now I cant pay the accountant because they are levying my paycheck.
    This sucks.
    Couldn't they have waited until AFTER Christmas?? That Bites.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

+ Reply to Thread