+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

beerbelly, you will get stronger from this experience. Every failed relationship makes us who we are and better for it. Now you know what not to look for so capitalize on that! Don't ever settle.

My trouble is very trivial, but also very annoying. We only have one day a year in my community that we can have a garage sale. I have so much crap to get rid of and it's next weekend. I started pricing and organizing things tonight. My 2-year-old decided to go in and take price stickers and rearrange them. ARRRRGH!!! I told her to leave them alone and tried to minimize the damage but now I have to go and do it all over again!!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

FORT Fanatic

Garage sales are fun........although you now have more work in repricing everything, you'll still have a great time at the sale and meet some fun people

So, as of today (well, yesterday), I've failed both of the two tests we've taken so far in my AP Chemistry class (we took the second test before the first test was returned to us). From the discussion I had with my teacher, there are still many basic concepts I don't understand. I can see what she meant, I guess - for a lot of the large, multistep problems, I have issues with knowing what steps to do when. But I don't know, it was just such a punch in the face, especially since I was doing all of the work assigned and I thought I was understanding at least most of the material. Even though I'm getting help now (getting tutored, and I'm also going to retake the two tests), I'm really afraid I've already backed myself up enough to stay in the rut. I did well in regular Chemistry last year, I'm doing well in all of my other classes this year too, and I don't think anyone else in my AP class is doing nearly as poorly as I am. All of those things make it all the more frustrating.

Also, I am taking the PSAT this weekend. I took it last year too, but the score I get this time counts towards the National Merit Scholarship somethingorother. I mean, I'm pretty sure I'll do well enough (I was in the 97th percentile last year), but I'm really feeling the heat from my parents to go beyond what I think I can improve on in a matter of days.
    Last edited by haejin; 10-16-2007 at 01:11 AM.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Haejin, you are right smack in the middle of one of the most stressful times in life. I remember my daughter going through periods of frustration, stress, doubt, not to mention fear with all the demands of the AP classes, then add to it the PSAT and the fear of letting your parents down - that's a lot to deal with. It's good to hear you're being tutored and that you can retake those two tests. As far as feeling that you won't be able to recover, do you have a good rapport with your teacher? You might want to discuss your concerns with him/her and ask if they have any suggestions that would help you get a better grasp of the subject. I feel for you, Haejin, because it's obvious you're a serious student, and I'm sorry that you're feeling frustrated and stressed. I'm sure your parents are quite proud of you for all that you have accomplished - can you share your worries with them? Please keep us posted about how you're doing. Hang in there, sweetie, and good luck.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Haejin, I wish I had more advice for you, but roses said it beautifully. Hang in there.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Haejin, We will be thinking about you all. Just take time to take a breath!

Ugh, my relationship is skating on thin ice. I was searching for a website in the history part of our computer and I found out that he goes on a specific “R-Rated” website... the worst part is that he started a profile implying that he’s searching for something particular. Now I'm questioning our relationship, our “happiness”, everything he’s said to me, every time he tells me he loves me...
    And I can’t tell him I know this stuff because I don’t want him to think that I'm invading his privacy, because I’ve done it before. And I admit that I was kind of being nosy.
    Any advice??

My usual advice, that relationships aren't worth the headaches, tends to generate a lot of flame among my private messages, so I'll skip that for now. Instead, I'll advocate "innocent" inquiry. Assuming "he's searching for something particular" alludes to something not included in your relationship, ask him, "Do you ever wonder about . . . " It will start the conversation without you having to out yourself.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

babs1003, you just have to figure what your breaking point is. Or should I say, "stopping" point. The place that you are not comfortable going beyond, the "deal breaker". Only you can decide that.

Hey Babs- Just sit down and talk to him he might have a yen for say red heads and if he does then go to a costume shop and get a red wig, but if he's into kinky stuff then say No. Like fatima said draw the line.
    haejin- Don't stress and don't let your parents stress you out either. If you start to feel like you're stressing out take a break, and do what you like to do ie; Go for a walk or listen to your favorite music. Take time out for yourself. too
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

+ Reply to Thread