+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2604964;
    Oh, beerbelly, we might all have been there a time or two. You just have to make a choice of what your limit is, and then stick to it. But seriouly, what a jerk. You were just on a vacation, and he slept with his broker?!?....and he's got a 21 yr old on the hook?!? Thank your lucky stars that you're out!
    And to tell me he has more 'compatibility' with the 21 year old is just gross.

I think I have to stop dating for a while.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2605008;
    And to tell me he has more 'compatibility' with the 21 year old is just gross.

I think I have to stop dating for a while.
    In your first post you referred to him as a boy. Does that mean he is young or acts young (ie immature). Just thought I'd point that out if it was a freudian slip or something.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Hopefully you'll find a real man, because he obviously isn't it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yikes, what a jerk! I guess he gets a point for telling you all this instead of stringing you along...but still, yikes. But yup, we've all been there...some of us could even see it coming and still got sucked in.... If it really is a pattern maybe you really do need a time out and a little counseling. Seems a shame to have to train yourself to run from guys who talk about marriage...but I guess it is all in the timing of the talk. If they talk about it that quickly how well can they know you... sort of an easy come, easy go kind of guy...quickly ready to move on to the next woman. Wishing you better luck in the future!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2605078;
    In your first post you referred to him as a boy. Does that mean he is young or acts young (ie immature). Just thought I'd point that out if it was a freudian slip or something.
    That was my first thought also PGM...I noticed she mentioned him as a "boy"....

beerbelly....I would think it would be safe to say that the majority of us have been in your position before and even though we know they are a jerk and we need to be rid of them....its easier said than done!!!

The FORT is a great place to talk about your troubles and get all types of responses and thoughts in regard to issues you are having to deal with.

I wish you the best of luck in this....I have been there...probably more times than I care to remember and it is tough and painful and lonely and sad and powerful....all at the same time!

Sending lots of and your way!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thank you all!!! Your kindness moved me to tears.

I knew it wasn't perfect, and there was a lot of 'boy' behavior that I didn't much like. But we did have fun together. Each break-up I go through (from my divorce onward) just makes me feel un-lovable. I know that thinking is wrong. I just can't help it. Again, thank you!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Beerbelly, it sounds like the men you've chosen are the unlovable ones. That's why it didn't work out. You're lovable, and somewhere out there is a man who will qualify that to the nth degree. I hope you find him soon! In the meantime, cry a little for sure, get mad a little for certain...then pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and know that you're infinitely better off without him. Best wishes to you.

Hey Beer Belly,
    Sorry to hear about the jerk. Everybody here is right you deserve better. You are a beautiful person and you will find the right one. As I'm writting this our favorite radio station is playing "Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. I hope your broken road leads you to someone who will love you as much as we do.
    Ch-I hope that you have just GERD and not Barretts and I also hope that your back feels better. Have tried massage?
    Last edited by Shaybo; 10-11-2007 at 05:23 PM.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

I found this posted on PostSecret.com. I know that some members here suffer from fybromyalgia so I thought it appropriate to post.

-----Email Message
    Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 2:24 AM
    Subject: New PostSecret Book

Frank-

I just picked up a copy of A Lifetime Of Secrets, and read it cover-to-cover. It's the best one yet. When I flipped to the page, and saw "Kiss my ass Fibromyalgia, I'm going to enjoy my life anyway," it spoke louder than any words of support from any of my physicians.

I have dealt with Fibromyalgia for 4 years since I was 16, and facing a long life with it made it so much more bearable with that post card. When I was first diagnosed, I was confused, depressed, and in a lot of pain with little relief.

Now I realize the pain doesn't make me weak, but makes me stronger for dealing with it every day. To whoever wrote that post card, I assure you, you're not alone. I'm enjoying life with Fibromyalgia, too, and thank you for writing those inspiring words.

- Peace

I so agree! So, KMAF!!! I'm enjoying my life anyway too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2611950;
    I found this posted on PostSecret.com. I know that some members here suffer from fybromyalgia so I thought it appropriate to post.

-----Email Message
    Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 2:24 AM
    Subject: New PostSecret Book

Frank-

I just picked up a copy of A Lifetime Of Secrets, and read it cover-to-cover. It's the best one yet. When I flipped to the page, and saw "Kiss my ass Fibromyalgia, I'm going to enjoy my life anyway," it spoke louder than any words of support from any of my physicians.

I have dealt with Fibromyalgia for 4 years since I was 16, and facing a long life with it made it so much more bearable with that post card. When I was first diagnosed, I was confused, depressed, and in a lot of pain with little relief.

Now I realize the pain doesn't make me weak, but makes me stronger for dealing with it every day. To whoever wrote that post card, I assure you, you're not alone. I'm enjoying life with Fibromyalgia, too, and thank you for writing those inspiring words.

- Peace

I so agree! So, KMAF!!! I'm enjoying my life anyway too!

Thanks for posting that. I'm going to go check out the site and the book.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread