+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2599745;
    oh go make a mess of your computer. You will remember Critter forever. The pain never really goes away, but it does subside. Cry, remember Critter, Laugh if you think of something cute she did, smile when you think of mutual grooming time. Most of all treasure the time you have now with the little ones. I am thinking of you, your husband, Critter and the little ones.

I agree. Tears will help (just don't let them soak into the keyboard). I'm so sorry to hear about Critter, but know that you will eventually be able to laugh about the time that you spent with Critter. And, you do have the babies to remind you of Critter! The little ones can never replace Critter, but they will probably have some cattitudes that will remind you of Critter as they grow up! I wish you and the mini-critters the best.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Last night my husband was on one of his message boards and one of he on-line chat buddies told him a story about a cat who was dying in her master's arms and she told him to remember her and alot of other things. By the time I was done reading it I was crying so hard that I nearly flooded my husband's new key board.

On my last post Bast is actually an Egyptian goddess. She protects mortals from evil spirits and keeps away sickness.

Alright enough about me. How's everybody else doing? I know somebody is trying to kick the caffine habbit, and if you are good luck.I hope that you make it. My suggestion is instead of coffee try tea or Sanka.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo;2600616;
    Last night my husband was on one of his message boards and one of he on-line chat buddies told him a story about a cat who was dying in her master's arms and she told him to remember her and alot of other things. By the time I was done reading it I was crying so hard that I nearly flooded my husband's new key board.

On my last post Bast is actually an Egyptian goddess. She protects mortals from evil spirits and keeps away sickness.

Alright enough about me. How's everybody else doing? I know somebody is trying to kick the caffine habbit, and if you are good luck.I hope that you make it. My suggestion is instead of coffee try tea or Sanka.
    Shaybo - My heart goes out to you right now in the loss of your sweet Critter, and I am sending tons of your way.

Thanks for the well wishes on kicking the caffeine habit . . . I had posted a couple of weeks ago that I was attempting that as a result of some health problems that I was having.

The update is this: Apparently I have Gastroesophageal Acid Reflux Disease and had an endoscopy done last Wednesday, as my doctor also suspected Barrett's Disease. Barrett's is caused by GERD, and greatly increases your risk of develping esophageal cancer. The endoscopy went o.k., but his report stated that I have the visual indications of Barrett's, and we are now waiting on the pathology report on the biopsies he took to find out more.

Since caffeine is such a huge trigger of GERD, and since I have such an inflamed esophagus right now, I decided it would be in my best interest to kick the caffeine habit. I went half-and-half with my Diet Coke and the caffeine-free Diet Coke for about a week (thanks, MRD for that idea!), and have now been totally caffeine-free for about five days. I had the worst migraine for the first three days of no caffeine, even though I had been slowly weaning myself off the previous week, but I think I'm over the hump now - at least as far as the headaches go.

To further complicate things, though, my back went out on Saturday . . . it does this three or four times a year . . . and all of the information I have on GERD and Barrett's says that you should avoid anti-inflammatories, so I haven't been able to take any of my prescription anti-inflammatory meds for my back this weekend. I lean to the right when I stand up to walk - which is pretty good for comedic relief around the house - but I did put a call in to my doctor this morning to ask if I can go ahead and take my meds for a few days . . . however, I don't want to cause any more damage than what I've already go going on, and if I need to just tough this out, well, then that's what I'll do! But hey - I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

chrelsey, hope you feel better soon! I can't imagine the caffeine deprivation headache on top of GERD and back pain. Keep the positive (funny) outlook-I always think it makes me feel better!

My heart goes out to you Shaybo, and others who have had troubles lately.

I have not been posting as I have been sick in bed for a while and my computer totally fritzed. So I have been offline for almost a month now. Borrowing my evil twin sinister's mac to check some e-mail. Don't know what I will do. Must.win.lottery.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2603314;
    Shaybo - My heart goes out to you right now in the loss of your sweet Critter, and I am sending tons of your way.

Thanks for the well wishes on kicking the caffeine habit . . . I had posted a couple of weeks ago that I was attempting that as a result of some health problems that I was having.

The update is this: Apparently I have Gastroesophageal Acid Reflux Disease and had an endoscopy done last Wednesday, as my doctor also suspected Barrett's Disease. Barrett's is caused by GERD, and greatly increases your risk of develping esophageal cancer. The endoscopy went o.k., but his report stated that I have the visual indications of Barrett's, and we are now waiting on the pathology report on the biopsies he took to find out more.

Since caffeine is such a huge trigger of GERD, and since I have such an inflamed esophagus right now, I decided it would be in my best interest to kick the caffeine habit. I went half-and-half with my Diet Coke and the caffeine-free Diet Coke for about a week (thanks, MRD for that idea!), and have now been totally caffeine-free for about five days. I had the worst migraine for the first three days of no caffeine, even though I had been slowly weaning myself off the previous week, but I think I'm over the hump now - at least as far as the headaches go.

To further complicate things, though, my back went out on Saturday . . . it does this three or four times a year . . . and all of the information I have on GERD and Barrett's says that you should avoid anti-inflammatories, so I haven't been able to take any of my prescription anti-inflammatory meds for my back this weekend. I lean to the right when I stand up to walk - which is pretty good for comedic relief around the house - but I did put a call in to my doctor this morning to ask if I can go ahead and take my meds for a few days . . . however, I don't want to cause any more damage than what I've already go going on, and if I need to just tough this out, well, then that's what I'll do! But hey - I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask!
    Best wishes to you. I hope you are feeling better soon. I use a chiropractor when my back goes out. Instant relief. Can you possibly do that?

I feel for you as I've had a lot of stomach issues of late and have had to totally give up coffee, even decaf.

Feel better and hopefully it's just GERD and not Barrett's.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just got back from lunch with a boy I have been dating for three months. We just took a week trip together. He was acting weird. I couldn't put my finger on it, but he was distant and crabby. At the end of lunch he told me that he had slept with his morgage broker on Saturday; plus has bought a ticket to see a 21 year old in California next weekend.

I know it is best to get rid of him, but I can't help but sit on the couch and cry. Why do I have such bad taste in men???

Thanks for all who read this!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I hope your next reply is of you having gotten rid of him. I think your issue is that you might be following the same relationship patterns/ dating the same type over and over.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2604665;
    I hope your next reply is of you having gotten rid of him. I think your issue is that you might be following the same relationship patterns/ dating the same type over and over.
    Thank you!!!!

Well, I have deleted all traces on my cell phone of him. I have to take some time off to get rid of these 'relatinship patterns'. It just seems that men are drawn to me and they immediatly talk of marriage and everything. I think that is a recurring theme.

Thank you Amy Lee! I feel less lonly now.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Oh, beerbelly, we might all have been there a time or two. You just have to make a choice of what your limit is, and then stick to it. But seriouly, what a jerk. You were just on a vacation, and he slept with his broker?!?....and he's got a 21 yr old on the hook?!? Thank your lucky stars that you're out!

+ Reply to Thread