+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Shaybo - I'm so sorry that Critter isn't feeling well, but very happy that you're taking excellent care of her. Hopefully, she'll be back to normal in no time.

Thanks Scout mom BTW I love your avitar
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Shaybo, hope Critter is feeling lots better soon!

She is feeling a little bit better hubby and I saw her walk to the water bowl and then back under the futon. Now she's sleeping.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Maybe by tomorrow, Critter will have slept off her over-medication, and will be back to normal! Let's hope . . .

Shaybo - I hope that Critter continues on her upswing, and that she is back to her old self in no time at all!

I've got a quick question - has anyone ever had an endoscopy (Upper G.I.) done? I have one scheduled for next Wednesday, and even though the doctor explained how they do it, the whole "swallowing a camera on a wire" thing - as fun as it sounds - just doesn't tell me how it's really going to be!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2587659;
    Shaybo - I hope that Critter continues on her upswing, and that she is back to her old self in no time at all!

I've got a quick question - has anyone ever had an endoscopy (Upper G.I.) done? I have one scheduled for next Wednesday, and even though the doctor explained how they do it, the whole "swallowing a camera on a wire" thing - as fun as it sounds - just doesn't tell me how it's really going to be!
    I've had it done, but was HEAVILY sedated, so I really don't remember much about it. Actually all I remember was being in the room with the doctor and then being in the "recovery" room. So I guess I was so sedated that I don't really remember anything. Did they say that they would give you sedation?
    My throat was a tad sore afterwards, but not much. Not enough that it stopped me from eating 3 little packages of graham crackers afterwards because I was so HUNGRY!

Best of luck to you. Honestly from what I remember, the worst part was the not eating before hand.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm due for one again. they do sedate you, and you just really don't feel much.

I'm going to have to have the balloon thing done again. Food is constantly getting caught - I think they called it a stricture - and have to expand my esphogus (sp) once more.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2587733;
    I've had it done, but was HEAVILY sedated, so I really don't remember much about it. Actually all I remember was being in the room with the doctor and then being in the "recovery" room. So I guess I was so sedated that I don't really remember anything. Did they say that they would give you sedation?
    My throat was a tad sore afterwards, but not much. Not enough that it stopped me from eating 3 little packages of graham crackers afterwards because I was so HUNGRY!

Best of luck to you. Honestly from what I remember, the worst part was the not eating before hand.
    Yes, he did say that I would be sedated, but it seemed to me to be more of a "drowsy" sedation, and not a full-blown "out cold" sedation. Hmmm . . . we'll see!

As far as the not eating beforehand - I'm fortunate enough to have mine scheduled for 6:30 a.m., so that won't be so bad.

What is hard is that in an effort to lessen some of my symptoms, I started the process of "decaffinating" my body last night. I absolutely LIVE and BREATH Diet Coke, and my morning coffee is one of my favorite parts of my day. I know . . . there's decaffinated Diet Coke, but it's just not the same! And, Decaf coffee won't be so bad - especially when I use my International Delight Fat Free French Vanilla creamer (yummy!) . . . but I don't have any Decaf coffee in the house at the moment! I think the next few days are going to be hard - headache-wise - with the elimination of caffeine . . . but if it can make a difference, then I'm willing to make a lifestyle change!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2588699;
    Yes, he did say that I would be sedated, but it seemed to me to be more of a "drowsy" sedation, and not a full-blown "out cold" sedation. Hmmm . . . we'll see!

As far as the not eating beforehand - I'm fortunate enough to have mine scheduled for 6:30 a.m., so that won't be so bad.

What is hard is that in an effort to lessen some of my symptoms, I started the process of "decaffinating" my body last night. I absolutely LIVE and BREATH Diet Coke, and my morning coffee is one of my favorite parts of my day. I know . . . there's decaffinated Diet Coke, but it's just not the same! And, Decaf coffee won't be so bad - especially when I use my International Delight Fat Free French Vanilla creamer (yummy!) . . . but I don't have any Decaf coffee in the house at the moment! I think the next few days are going to be hard - headache-wise - with the elimination of caffeine . . . but if it can make a difference, then I'm willing to make a lifestyle change!

YOu'd be surprised at what you can get used too. I switched to caffiene free diet coke a couple years ago and I actually prefer it now.

When going off caffiene, I bought 2, 2 liter bottles of diet coke. One in regular and one in caffiene free. I would have 1 glass of caffienated and then switch off to the caffiene free and I slowly weaned myself that way. It only took a few days and I did not have the bad headache or other effects. Same with the coffee. But decaf coffee has more caffiene than you think. I only drink decaf and I know that I can feel the caffiene buzz if I have more than 2 cups of decaf.

Good luck with your withdrawal and your endoscopy. Mine was not until 2 pm, so you know I was hungry waiting all day for that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread