+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758981485481048 ... LastLast
Like Tree1672Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    We're going to bury her in the backyard tonight, so more tears will be shed then, I'm sure.

As a man, this is one of the few times it's OK to cry. Your woman leaves, your dog dies, or your team loses the championship. (Yes, a laughing smiley looks weird here, but I'm trying to keep my sense of humor. Deal with it! :phhht ).
    YA I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. Our pets are like children to us. At least mine are. You might want to check into cremation. When I had to put one of my rescues to sleep I had her cremated and put in a granite rock urn. That way if I ever move she can go with me.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. BTW: It's alright to cry. The tears we shed when they pass is the price we pay for the years of love and devotion they give to us.

toothdoc

YA - I'm so sorry about your dog. It's never easy to lose a pet. Dogs are such good companions and it's hard when their time comes. I hope your doing OK...

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    YA...Im so sorry to hear about your dog...I have 2 dogs and I know I would have to take a while off work....*Big Hug*
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'm sorry for your loss YA
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Well this is something really minor comparitively speaking, but last night one of the dogs finally died. She had been sick for a few weeks so it wasn't really unexpected, but I just always assumed she would live forever (she had been through quite a bit and was still kicking). So here I am sitting at work and I don't feel like being here. I'm going to be completely useless at the office today...
    Awww.....sorry to hear about your loss, YA. I know exactly what you're going through. I lost my last dog to a seizure, and it was heart-wrenching. I said I would NEVER again have a dog in the house..because of the emotional attachment you have with it. I cried for a long time after I lost her.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I hate to be a complainer, but since this is the Talk About Your Troubles thread, I get a free pass, right?

As you may remember, my MIL died suddenly 10 days ago, and I was sick with strep over that same period while simultaneoulsy trying to support my husband and kids through this sad time at the holidays. Well, I'm feeling better thanks to--or in spite of--the antibiotics which I need to eat with a large meal and full glass of water if I don't want to pay the gastrointestinal consequences of strong antibiotics.

My husband and I were supposed to go to a Christmas party tonight that I was really looking forward to. He is sick with a bad cold now, and decided yesterday he'd rather just rest, especially since he didn't feel like celebrating anyway. He said he didn't mind if I still wanted to go alone. Still being supportive, I decided not to. ("sorry you are sick and grieving for the loss of your mother, so you stay home and I'll go to the party without you" didn't seem like such a loving spousal response). I cancelled the babysitter this morning.

So, he spent the day at his mother's house with his sister and brother, starting the clean-out process, while I took the 4 kids to a birthday party. Now he's having dinner with them. And here I am wearing sweats, with the 4 kids at home, with a new outfit hanging in my closet and cup of tea in my hand, knowing there's a great party I could have gone to but instead I'm home supporting . . .nobody. I'm not mad at him, because once more I support his need to do what he has to, simultaneously sick and dealing with his mother's death. I'm just really bummed to be sitting here with no adult company, when I really could have used a little Christmas cheer to lighten my day. If I'd known he wasn't coming home until late, I'd have kept the babysitter and gone to the darn party.

So, I'm just not having such a great night. I think I ought to quit moping and playing gloomy music and go get on my exercise bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Belvasgirl
    I can't believe the kindness here at this board. Dag, how is the cellulitis? Does the weather affect it?

Sorry I havn't been around much, with Christmas and all. Aaaarh! Then I had the "surgery" again yesterday, so recouperating today. I sure hope this one does what it should. If the test results come back as we hope, they will be "burning" the nerves in my spine. Now the waiting begins........ :rolleyes

I also want to give a word of encouragement for you Belvasgirl, for your painful back surgery, and the mending of your body. I, also like the way the FORT is set up, so trolls can`t come out to play,...........or even board bullies.

Wishing everyone here the Merriest of Christmasses!!

Pam

It is a bummer to be in that sort of situation. It is too bad he didn't make clear his plans but on the other hand, I'm sure he isn't thinking that clearly. Sorry you missed a little cheering up time for yourself.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    I also want to give a word of encouragement for you Belvasgirl, for your painful back surgery, and the mending of your body. I, also like the way the FORT is set up, so trolls can`t come out to play,...........or even board bullies.

Wishing everyone here the Merriest of Christmasses!!

Thanks Jilli! Yeah
    My BFF has come to classiest board on the net! I will say more in Announcements thread!

About the poochies, they are such a big part of our hearts it is so painful when it comes time for the "Rainbow Bridge", but they are always with you and waiting for that grand reunion someday!
    There is nothing greater than a true friend.

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog YA. We lost ours in Feb 2004 and she is still greatly missed.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread