+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by KymberlyAnn;1056127;
    Just found out that the great aunt passed away. At least she died peacefully.
    My thoughts are with you and your family during this time of grief, KymberlyAnn.

My trouble is a cat named Kitty. She is not my cat but has adopted me for when her owners lock her out. I'm allergic to cats, but how can I refuse entry to a sweet gray tabby. After testing my welcome for the past few days, she has now made herself very comfortable on my only comfy chair. I've tried to coax her out, but I guess I'll have to carry her out and make sure my door is always closed. Last evening when I called her owners (who live in an adjacent apartment complex - thank goodness she wears a tag) they were totally unconcerned and said she was an indoor-outdoor cat and would find her way home when she got hungry.

Now, this morning she's back and beginning to take over - especially on my favorite chair. I'm surprised she comes near me as cats don't normally like me. She is adorable, well taken care of, but she is making me nervous and I'm reaching for my inhaler.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I can't believe that you're saying you will pay in cash and they still are giving you a hard time. That is ridiculous. Good luck, famita!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2575628;
    Dagwood, I don't know the dr as he's not in my county/area and don't know the reputation, so I don't know yet. I'll see what I think on Thursday. I'm looking on the bright side. Maybe I won't need surgery and maybe there's something pill-wise they can give me that will dissolve it.
    Good luck. Keep us updated.

MRD

Dagwood, I don't know the dr as he's not in my county/area and don't know the reputation, so I don't know yet. I'll see what I think on Thursday. I'm looking on the bright side. Maybe I won't need surgery and maybe there's something pill-wise they can give me that will dissolve it.
    I hope things work out.
    I would write a nice long letter about this to your congressional representatives and senators, presidential candidates, the AMA and the insurance lobby.
    Get your story out there. Maybe even a few newspaper people would be interested.

It's stories like these that people need to hear to get a change in our health care system.

Please let us know how things go. Prayers are with you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member

Good luck with that, famita. I hope you are able to fine somebody to help you soon. Maybe you can get the ER doctor to call and make a referral for you.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Good luck, famita. I hope you can get the medical attention you need, and as soon as possible.

Arielflies, this little kitty likes you better than their "home". I wish you could ship the cat here. The neighbors sound as though they're not attached to the cat. Happy cats don't go looking for a new home. Good luck with this, and let us know how you're doing.

KymberlyAnn, my condolences on the loss of your Aunt. That is a blessing that she died peacefully.

Premium Member

My DIL had a very large ovarian cyst (about the size of a softball) a few months ago. They put her on birth control pills and it's gone now. I don't know if that's what you have, but maybe something like that will work for you.

MRD

KymberlyAnn so sorry to hear about your aunt. My sympathies.

Arielflies, cats are always attracted to me too and I'm allergic. They will ignore everyone else and make a beeline for me. It's like they know and don't care. Best of luck on that. The owners sound like they don't deserve the cat.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Thanks, everyone! I went to get copies of the CATscan and radiology report and found that it's the size of a golf ball (I'm not so panicked now). I went on the internet with my officemate and we did a lot of reading. I'm a lot calmer now after reading the report than I was this as at 3:30!

KymberlyAnn, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Arielflies, I'm almost always surprised at how some people "love" their pets. I've never heard that ignoring them makes the pets feel safe. Thank goodness you stepped in. Maybe you can bill them for the food...or babysitting services. They really don't sound like good people, though.

KymberlynAnn- So sorry about your loss.
    Famita- hope everything is ok
    Arielflies- It sounds to me like you have a new cat. I hate when people do that to animals. Tell them that animals are not disposable.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

+ Reply to Thread