+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2575520;
    Well, I had an exciting weekend. I spent yesterday in the ER and the CAT scan showed I had a sizable cyst. They recommended that I see an ObGyn asap. I called around this morning and not one in the area accepts new patients without insurance. The fact that I pay at the time of service doesn't mean anything.
    OMG...I'm sorry to hear that famita...hopefully someone will see you...

Please keep us informed, ok?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2575520;
    Well, I had an exciting weekend. I spent yesterday in the ER and the CAT scan showed I had a sizable cyst. They recommended that I see an ObGyn asap. I called around this morning and not one in the area accepts new patients without insurance. The fact that I pay at the time of service doesn't mean anything.
    Hopefully you can get someone to see you, soon. I think doctors should be obligated to see you. Cysts are nothing to ignore. I will keep you in my prayers.

MRD

Oh famita, that's terrible. I hope you can find one soon. Your in my thoughts and prayers meantime.

This is one of the reasons why something has GOT TO BE DONE about the healthcare system in this country. ARGH, it makes my blood boil.

Side note: I was watching a congresswoman talk about healthcare on one of the Sun. shows yesterday. She said that one of her consituients told her that she was scared to death of any universal health care system as she did not want the government fooling around with her Medicare!!!!! Hello? Medicare is a government program! And one that works fairly well. Not perfect, but it does help.

Famita, I hope you can find help soon. You might consider asking to talk to the office manager instead of just whoever answers the phone at the doctors offices and see if there is some arrangement you can work out. Many times the phone answering people cannot see outside the blinders they where, where as the office manager might be able to make an exception.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've been on the phone since 8:45 and have talked to ofc mgrs, the hospital social worker, the Mercy Care Helpline and there are no drs who will see me without ins. I've called the clinics in the area and some outside of the area. I guess the thing that's ticking me off right now is I know I'll need surgery. Let's skip the middleman and get to it.

Idiot pencil-pushing bean counters.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2575553;
    I've been on the phone since 8:45 and have talked to ofc mgrs, the hospital social worker, the Mercy Care Helpline and there are no drs who will see me without ins. I've called the clinics in the area and some outside of the area. I guess the thing that's ticking me off right now is I know I'll need surgery. Let's skip the middleman and get to it.
    I feel your frustration and am sending thoughts and prayers your way that someone will be able to help you.

You know, the medical community complains about people going to the ER for minor problems (not that your problem is minor), but this is a HUGE reason why they go because without insurance doctors won't see them in the office. They have no other choice but to go to the ER.

I'm praying you get something resolved soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Famita, is there a Planned Parenthood in your area? I think they take patients without insurance. Good luck, that really sucks.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I got in to see someone in a town 40 miles away. I don't know his reputation, and I almost don't care. They said I'd have to pay with cash up front and I asked how much. I'm going to be taking $250 with me and hope it's enough. I know via the CATscan how big it is. Now, I get to pussyfoot around in getting a surgeon to do the surgery. I hear 7cm is a pretty big one that they don't want to leave in you. I don't necessarily want to have it in me either. But, looking on the bright side, which I try to do, this would be a nice "aside" in a book about the medical community.

Won't the doctor you are seeing do the surgery as well? My sister had an ovarian cyst and the doctor that diagnosed it also did the surgery.

Dagwood, I don't know the dr as he's not in my county/area and don't know the reputation, so I don't know yet. I'll see what I think on Thursday. I'm looking on the bright side. Maybe I won't need surgery and maybe there's something pill-wise they can give me that will dissolve it.

+ Reply to Thread