+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2010Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I was just thinking about you the other day, combatcutie, and was wondering how things were going for you and hubby. Good luck with the procedure, we're all thinking happy thoughts and praying for you. Looking forward to some good news from you!
    Don't let the small things sweat

Good luck tomorrow, CC; hopefully you will have good results after the procedure!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Good luck CC.

I know I'm late to the board here combatcutie ... but God doesn't care if you read about my prayers in advance, he just listens ... and you will remembered in my prayers, for a successful procedure ... and continued hopes for your hope !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Been off reading BB for days...
    Good luck cc...crossing fingers and toes for you.
    snark--congrats on coming out to your great aunt! And maybe one of your neighbors DID know what OUT magazine was...and that's why s/he took it! So you either have a gay thief for a neighbor or a closeted neighbor who could never be seen buying it. Great choices!
    11ssteph--there are some tricks to the SAT and PSAT, they just take getting used to---it's like those picture riddles they have in one of the Sunday mags or the NY TImes crossword puzzle...at first you have no clue, then once you read some of the right answers and practice a bit you get the hang of it. I remember when they used to have a lot of analogies, you know, X is to Y as A is to .... and they had one like TOPS is to SPOT as STOP is to .... and I spent ages going through all the meanings of tops and spot before looking up the answer... which was...POTS...STOP backwards, and nothing to do with meanings at all. If I hadn't had the practice tests it would never have occurred to me to look for that on the "real" test. So practice definitely helps. Just get one of those SAT books (Barron's and other make them) and spend some time with them. FYI, the math ones are mostly really algebra and geometry questions...no way you can do well on those if you haven't had the classes yet. And if your friend thinks you panic all the time, work in a yoga class or two! You've got tons of time yet, but the PSAT does count for National Merit $$ I think, so might be worth working on sooner rather than later...you sound like you might be a good candidate for that if you get a good enough PSAT score, and every little bit of $$ for college helps!

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2558847;
    11ssteph--there are some tricks to the SAT and PSAT, they just take getting used to---it's like those picture riddles they have in one of the Sunday mags or the NY TImes crossword puzzle...at first you have no clue, then once you read some of the right answers and practice a bit you get the hang of it. I remember when they used to have a lot of analogies, you know, X is to Y as A is to .... and they had one like TOPS is to SPOT as STOP is to .... and I spent ages going through all the meanings of tops and spot before looking up the answer... which was...POTS...STOP backwards, and nothing to do with meanings at all. If I hadn't had the practice tests it would never have occurred to me to look for that on the "real" test. So practice definitely helps. Just get one of those SAT books (Barron's and other make them) and spend some time with them. FYI, the math ones are mostly really algebra and geometry questions...no way you can do well on those if you haven't had the classes yet. And if your friend thinks you panic all the time, work in a yoga class or two! You've got tons of time yet, but the PSAT does count for National Merit $$ I think, so might be worth working on sooner rather than later...you sound like you might be a good candidate for that if you get a good enough PSAT score, and every little bit of $$ for college helps!
    Yeah, I went off and bought a ton of PSAT books, I think I'm going to be good now.

And as for the NMS, it's weird...my school only lets sophomores take the PSATs, and you can only qualify for the scholarship as a junior...that and it says in the official booklet that you have to have good grades all 4 years of high school, and I kind of totally blew my 9th grade year. Oh well. I'm not actually concerned about the scholarship, my school is pretty weird, and it was founded by a man who's thought to be one of the greatest teaching minds of the 20th and 21st centuries, and I'm proud to say that I've had the honor of talking to him. That alone might get me more money then the National Merit Scholorship--colleges seem to like the students who go to his brainchild, and they seem to especially like those of us who've had conversations with him.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

CC, I hope your procedure went well today. We're all keeping our fingers crossed for you.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2557328;
    I haven't been reading the board lately (stuck in the Big Brother Live Feed forum) but wanted to say I hope everyone is doing well.

As for me, I am going in to have a lapascope done tomorrow. They will remove a very large cyst on my left ovary, plus any other endometriosis they may find. I haven't been diagnosed with it, but they think I have (hence the lapascope). Wish me luck and please say a prayer that this is what I need to get my little miracle
    I certainly wish you well and will say a prayer for you......we want you to have that little miracle too
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

MRD

Echo, Tickerrose and Combatcutie

My thoughts and prayers are with you all during your difficult times.

This place has been so uplifting to me and the FORT friends are so supportive. You have come to a great place where everyone is wonderful.

Good luck to all of you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Hey combatcutie, rest assured that The Dog Pack and I are keeping you close to our hearts and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and we're hoping everything's okay for you! I'll be in touch, girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread