+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Hey Snark That is so AWESOME that you told your Aunt. We're so proud of you.
    11Stephanie To quote my brother "Don't sweat the small stuff." You've got two more years, so take a nice deep breath and relax. If you need anything you let some of us old foggies know ok?
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

FORT Fan

This is kind of strange. I really can't win. One of the things i learned when I was in the hospital when treating ocd is something called exposure-response its suppose to help desensitize to you to the problem/situation. Well, the thought is still really bothering me, so as an exposure I put an "out" magazine in front of door at my apartment complex(a little gutsy) a decent amount of people walk by my apartment, to get to theres, so I thought it was a good exposure.

I was gone for 30 minutes and someone took the magazine. I told my cousin about the exposure I was doing and she said that she doesn't think a lot of people would know what "out" magazine was She said she wouldn't know. If they don't this months cover should give it away. A little risque.

After reading this forum. I can tell the people here are not sheltered at all. The purpose of the exposure is because I want people to know. I thought enough people knew what "out" magazine was about. Don't you think so?? I live in a fairly liberal area.

Off to buy more gay publications. My life should be filmed. Its funny.

My thing which is troubling me the most is my great desire to conceive. I have been TTC for more than 2 years and even really good reality TV is not helping me not think about it anymore!

Well...good luck tickerrose. I hope you have some good news to post soon. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2553837;
    My thing which is troubling me the most is my great desire to conceive. I have been TTC for more than 2 years and even really good reality TV is not helping me not think about it anymore!
    Tickerrose, I see that you are only 30...I just wanted to tell you that I had friends who tried to conceive for a good six years or so before getting pregnant at 32. Have you been checked out to see what may be causing it (blocked fallopian tubes, short luteal phase, bad sperm motility (for your husband, not you!) etc.? It may be something that's treatable with a dose of progesterone...or it may require more invasive medical treatment. (I've got almost 10 years on you and have not been able to deliver a live baby, so I empathesize with you.) GOOD LUCK!

tickerrose - I'm so sorry you're having this difficulty. I hope you have success soon. My thoughts are with you.

Tickerrose, a lot of us have been where you are and Lois Lane has given you great advice, and I know she joins me in saying if you need anything more, just pm.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

On Thursday August 23, we got hit with a very rough rogue storm here in Chicagoland ... and we here in the NW burbs got it the worst. Trees torn out by their roots, hitting houses and phone and power lines, and the river crested and almost flooded. Almost. We were luckier than those in Ohio and elsewhere.

700,000+ customers here were without power. I was without electricity for a full 72 hours, but I was lucky. Some were out for 5 or more days.

My land line and cell phones weren't working and my land line is still on a temporary line and we finally got the computer going just about an hour ago.

On the same day, my SO was in the Emergency Room for some painful gastro problems and I couldn't reach him. But we're lucky because it was resolved.

When the power went out, my sump pump battery back-ups failed and by the time a neighbor got a submersible pump in, and plugged me into a generator I had about 2 inches of water throughout 75% of the basement, but I'm one of the lucky ones. Some neighbors had ankle and knee-deep water in their basements and the stores ran out of pumps and generators.

When the power came on, I started to clean and my dryer stopped heating, but I'm lucky because the weather has been fair and the sun dries things too.

During the power outage, I developed a screaming toothache, and the dentist said it was goner and planned to extract it on Thursdays, 8-30. ... but ...

I went to my physician on Wednesday because I had this thing on my cheek that had been there for years and it changed and looked like an infected boil or something and I thought it might be related to the dental problem.

I thought she'd send me home with a band-aid on my cheek, but she sent me immediately to a surgeon on Wednesday, who set me up for surgical removal of "the thing" on Thursday.

On Thursday, yesterday, 8/30 "the thing" on my cheek which turned out to be an infected cyst, (benign we think awaiting confirmation) was successfully removed and the void will hopefully not mar my remarkable beauty too significantly. It was a little scary, but I'm lucky. The teenage boy in the cubicle next to me in ambulatory surgery was a cancer patient.

So yes, I have troubles and I thank you for allowing me to vent. I have a damp basement and still have a mess to clean, I have thrown out a bunch of spoiled food, I have a hole in my face, and a sore tooth that is yet to be extracted ... and will have a heck of a time catching up on the Big Brother live feeds ... but I'm lucky.

Seriously.
    Last edited by echo226; 09-01-2007 at 01:04 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

What an uplifting post, echo! I'm sorry you have had to deal with so much lately, yet you have been able to keep such a positive outlook through it all. I think you could use one of these, though. The coming week has to be better, so here's hoping!

Echo:Best wishes to you and your family, friends and neibors as all of you recover from this flood. Take care.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread