+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Talk about your troubles

pwettybird---well, if that's the case, all the more reason to get some counseling and work with someone who can help you sort it out who's 'on the ground"--only so much we internet folk can guess, and I know we'd all feel badly if we were guessing wrongly.... It's amazing how much help having someone outside the relationship to talk to can be.
    mrd--that would be so fantastic! Crossing my fingers and toes for you!
    snark--no, I don't do it for a living (I only like to do it for people I like already! ), but I do work a lot with people around your age, many of whom are having similar problems. Plus I have a son whom I'm betting is mildly OCD so I pay attention to the issue. And wow, your mom, talk about evidence for passing down a problem! Probably a very good decision for you even if tough on her.

Pwetty Bird- ummm gee I don't know what to tell you, but it sounds to me like you need a long break from this guy. Granted he's been there for you when you were sick, but my question is are you staying with him because maybe you feel obligated? Because if thats the case then girl no amount of counceling will help. I also agree with some of the posters on this board that this could turn into an abusive relationship, and if thats the case I don't want to see you get hurt. My advice is pack up your things and go to a friend's house and if he asks then you say I need a break for a while. Just thnk about it ok?
    mrd- Its great that you found out what the problem is. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.
    Snark- Good for you on distancing yourself from your Mom. I know it must've been difficult, but believe it or not you did yourself a favor. I know what it's like my Mom and I never got along well because we were too much alike, but now that I'm like a few thousand miles away from her we get along much better. My thougts and prayers are with all of you.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

FORT Newbie

Well I work at a public School in the After School program and well I am a jack of all trades, dealing with parents who are rude, kids who are a pain, you get the picture what a teacher does but for only 4 hours. Well on Friday I saw an unknown man outside running around my kids and well I asked the man Sir you know your not suppose to be running around here at this time we leave at 6 pm can you return at 6pm? Well The guy goes ballistic on me and tells me to tell the principal shes a piece of ****, the government's policy are pathetic and he can do what ever he wants because he pays for his taxes. So me already dealing with another case of a bad parent tell the man that that is his own opinion and to please leave the premise before I have to resort to telling my supervisor. Boom! Boy was that the worst thing to do the next thing you know hes finger pointing at me and almost hits me and then he runs off. Soon enough I call my Supervisor to hear from him next time that happends to call him up and he will call the police because that can't be happening. Boy I felt foolish not throwing a punch to this guy but Thank God I didn't or then I would have been dealt with harshly. But Boy what a Day.

MRD, I'm glad to know they have found a cause for your symptoms, and that they might be able to treat it and actually have you recover. That would be a great thing! keep us posted, and if you need anything holler at me, I'm right down the road.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD - I so hope this is the answer to all the problems you've been having. Please keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by ttriber;2547200;
    Well I work at a public School in the After School program and well I am a jack of all trades, dealing with parents who are rude, kids who are a pain, you get the picture what a teacher does but for only 4 hours. Well on Friday I saw an unknown man outside running around my kids and well I asked the man Sir you know your not suppose to be running around here at this time we leave at 6 pm can you return at 6pm? Well The guy goes ballistic on me and tells me to tell the principal shes a piece of ****, the government's policy are pathetic and he can do what ever he wants because he pays for his taxes. So me already dealing with another case of a bad parent tell the man that that is his own opinion and to please leave the premise before I have to resort to telling my supervisor. Boom! Boy was that the worst thing to do the next thing you know hes finger pointing at me and almost hits me and then he runs off. Soon enough I call my Supervisor to hear from him next time that happends to call him up and he will call the police because that can't be happening. Boy I felt foolish not throwing a punch to this guy but Thank God I didn't or then I would have been dealt with harshly. But Boy what a Day.
    ttriber - first of all I'm a teacher, so I know how frustrating it is to have your hands tied when dealing with the public. I think you should tell the police now so that it is on record in case there is a recurring offense OR WORSE! Think how you would feel if one of these kids was abducted or abused by this man. The police could patrol the area visibly for a couple of days and scare him off.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2547399;
    ttriber - first of all I'm a teacher, so I know how frustrating it is to have your hands tied when dealing with the public. I think you should tell the police now so that it is on record in case there is a recurring offense OR WORSE! Think how you would feel if one of these kids was abducted or abused by this man. The police could patrol the area visibly for a couple of days and scare him off.
    I agree, ttriber---report him now---the guy sounds unhinged--next time he could come back with a shotgun...not to make you nervous or anything

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2547920;
    I agree, ttriber---report him now---the guy sounds unhinged--next time he could come back with a shotgun...not to make you nervous or anything
    I totally agree make a report out to the police and ask them to make runs by the school. Also have a meeting with the parents and let them know whats going on and ask them to get involved by telling their kids about strangers and what to do.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

I Is Stephanie

I know I complain a lot, and I really feel bad about it, but none of my friends (who are all younger) understand or care.

So school started today. No biggie, until my homeroom teacher passed out the PSAT information packets to all of us (sophomores). I was going through them just now, and trying to answer some of the practice questions (not even the practice test, just the examples), and right now I'm 1/10.

Now most people wouldn't be too concerned, but I've never scored below a 95% on the state-wide standardized tests, and I never saw them as that big a deal.

But now I realize that this one STUPID test might decide my whole future and I don't want that and I'm only 15 and the assumption that how well I do on a test that I take over 4 hours at the beginning of my life will show how well I'm going to do in the real world is wrong, and not fair.

I realize that everyone has to take it, and that the PSATs are only practice, but they're only 50 days away, and I'm having a panic attack here. My friend's response to that?

Me (9:17:23 PM): no, i mean like i'm having a panic attack
    Friend (9:17:30 PM): you do about everything
    Me (9:17:38 PM): not like this
    Me (9:17:40 PM): i cant breathe
    Me (9:17:45 PM): and my heart is racing
    Me (9:17:48 PM): and i'm sweating
    Friend (9:17:50 PM): then you'd be dead
    Friend (9:17:52 PM): jesus
    [edit for clarity and lingo]

I've never panicked like this before. I usually do well under stress. Hell, I don't even do my homework until the last minute, because I can concentrate and do it better that way. But now that I have only a year and a half to potentially prepare for the rest of my life, all these years of not panicking are hitting me all at once, and I really have no clue why, or if I can calm down enough to have a rational, 2-sided discussion with my college counselor tomorrow.

11stephanie, there is no need to stress about a PSAT. I don't remember it determining anything in school, and I barely remember even taking it. I barely remembered it by the time I took my SATs. And I was a good student, fourth in my class, AP classes, college-bound, etc., and I did well on my SATs. It's just practice for YOU, so you know what the SATs look like when they come around (next year, right?). There's no need to panic, you've been preparing for years already without even knowing it, just by learning in your classes.

You're a sophomore. You've got more than a year till you need to worry at all about SATs, so calm down.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread