+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

  1. #4651
    Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    667

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2541280;
    We've been very fortunate to have received help when we needed it, so there is no way I could turn down a friend in need like this. Even if I had never received help, I just think its socially responsible to help others that need it and I'm glad that we can help. We can't help him out financially, but we can give him and his daughter a place to stay for a week or so and I can babysit. We can help him look for jobs and a place to live and I love to cook for people, so I can do that too. I guess we all just do what we can when we can.
    What a wonderful friend you are, MRD. I think this sort of mind-set is what more people need in their lives - both on the giving and the receiving end. What a blessed place this world would be if we all treated each other in such ways. You are setting a very good example for others!

  2. #4652
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    You guys are making me blush. I don't think I'm doing anything extraordinary, just doing what needs to be done. I'd feel awful if I didn't do anything at all.

    What frustrates me is that I'm not able to do more. Not just for this friend, but for other friends, family and even strangers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  3. #4653
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2541280;
    We can't help him out financially, but we can give him and his daughter a place to stay for a week or so and I can babysit. We can help him look for jobs and a place to live and I love to cook for people, so I can do that too. I guess we all just do what we can when we can.
    That IS helping him out financially and then some! Childcare is expensive, so you're saving him on childcare for a bit. You're also saving him from having to pay for a motel for a week. You're providing meals, so that's saving him from having to buy him and his baby girl meals 3x a day...



    You're helping him financially (and emotionally) more than you think! I think you're going to cry when that little girl leaves. I know you and your baby love!

    Depending on how his job situation turns out...once he gets on his feet and gets his own place, do you think he might hire you to be her babysitter? Then he'd know his daughter was well taken care of while he worked, and you would make a little extra income for your family... Not sure if that would be a weird arrangement for you all...just throwing it out there!

  4. #4654
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    192

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    I agree. Childcare is very expensive and what you are doing is very nice! I babysat over the summer. I think the going rate to babysit is around $10 an hour. My cousin who babysits for a newborn gets $12 an hour.

  5. #4655
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2541475;
    That IS helping him out financially and then some! Childcare is expensive, so you're saving him on childcare for a bit. You're also saving him from having to pay for a motel for a week. You're providing meals, so that's saving him from having to buy him and his baby girl meals 3x a day...



    You're helping him financially (and emotionally) more than you think! I think you're going to cry when that little girl leaves. I know you and your baby love!

    Depending on how his job situation turns out...once he gets on his feet and gets his own place, do you think he might hire you to be her babysitter? Then he'd know his daughter was well taken care of while he worked, and you would make a little extra income for your family... Not sure if that would be a weird arrangement for you all...just throwing it out there!
    As much as I can't wait for the little girl to get here, I do not think I would want to do childcare longterm. And I doubt he could afford to pay $10 an hour for a 40 hour work week which is hopefully what he's going to be working once he gets a job. I realize childcare is expensive, but my neighbor does not pay $400 a week for her 3 year old to go to daycare. It's substantially less than that.
    And I really don't want to do full time long term child care. I don't mind it short term and I don't mind helping out occasionally.

    I heard from the museum today and I have my sights set on that. More stimulating and more up my alley, even though I love kids.
    I go back next week for another interview so we shall see what happens.
    It's been a month and I had recontacted them and hadn't heard anything back, so didn't know what to think, but they called today and set up a meeting for next week.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #4656
    Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    667

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    I posted a (long) question in Oasis - it's about some class scheduling issues I'm having with my daughter. If any of you teachers and/or students feel like posting a reply, I would love to hear your opinions... Thanks!

  7. #4657
    FORT Fan Shaybo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    southern florida
    Age
    45
    Posts
    267

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    mrd- You're doing an awesome thing by giving him a roof over his head and provide child care until he gets back on his feet.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

  8. #4658
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo;2542052;
    mrd- You're doing an awesome thing by giving him a roof over his head and provide child care until he gets back on his feet.
    Thanks.

    This really is the nicest guy. I mean, he's one of those that would give you the shirt off his back. But unfortunately he has had very bad luck with women. (tend to think he may be unconsciously picking out really unsuitable ones). As much as my husband and I liked him, I did not care for the wife.
    In fact my husband called her "Demanda". But not to the husband and certainly not to her. But her name is Amanda. "Demanda" fits really well too.
    My heart just breaks for him and his daughter who he is completely devoted too. I think this is a case where "nice guys finish last". And its a real shame.
    We talked to him again today and he kept saying that he would pay us back, he would do anything to pay us back. I told him it wasn't necessary to worry about it. Other people may need his help one day.

    And interestingly enough (karma anyone?) the museum called me today about the job after I had talked to our friend and kept reassuring him, he had a place to stay and not to worry about things. Is this a case of "what goes around?" taking place? Not that I am doing it for good karma, but it was a good coincidence about the museum so I'm going for "fate, karma or destiny" here, which ever one it was.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #4659
    FORT Fan Shaybo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    southern florida
    Age
    45
    Posts
    267

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2542895;
    Thanks.

    This really is the nicest guy. I mean, he's one of those that would give you the shirt off his back. But unfortunately he has had very bad luck with women. (tend to think he may be unconsciously picking out really unsuitable ones). As much as my husband and I liked him, I did not care for the wife.
    In fact my husband called her "Demanda". But not to the husband and certainly not to her. But her name is Amanda. "Demanda" fits really well too.
    My heart just breaks for him and his daughter who he is completely devoted too. I think this is a case where "nice guys finish last". And its a real shame.
    We talked to him again today and he kept saying that he would pay us back, he would do anything to pay us back. I told him it wasn't necessary to worry about it. Other people may need his help one day.

    And interestingly enough (karma anyone?) the museum called me today about the job after I had talked to our friend and kept reassuring him, he had a place to stay and not to worry about things. Is this a case of "what goes around?" taking place? Not that I am doing it for good karma, but it was a good coincidence about the museum so I'm going for "fate, karma or destiny" here, which ever one it was.
    Thats awesome. Well I just heard from my Dad and my Mom is doing well. Shes still doing her P.T. at home and is going out alot more.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

  10. #4660
    FORT Fanatic saintslovebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    554

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Hey Yall, I could really use some advice. I haven't really ever posted my problems on a board before but I need help!
    My boyfriend and I have almost been together a year, and well we fight, I know couples fight but not like us I don't think. Everytime we fight, I seem to push his buttons more and more and he ends up getting up from his computer, saying that he can't take it and starts to pack his crap. Well...this is when the girl crying comes in for me and I go and sit by the door so that he can't leave. I beg him not to leave. He's already left once, and I don't want him to do it again because I fear that it'll be the end for us and I know neither of us wants that. We got in a fight tonight, let me just say that he is sick, but he's trying to help me put wallpaper and ringtones onto my phone and I kept moving the cord around to get it so that it wouldn't be in his way and I guess he became frustrated and then he kinda threw my phone down on the carpet, yes it wasn't hard but still its a phone. well I yelled at him and he told me not to, which I am in the wrong for yelling but he shouldn't have yelled at me either. My question is, what do I do to change the way that I go about a fight? I always tend to push him to the point where he wants to leave and I don't want that to happen anymore, I want to change for the better and for us.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.