+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2010Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2540435;
    Thanks guys your posts were helpful, Going with Aunt Ruth tonight was great. She really was able to get my mind off things without her knowing it.

Aunt Ruth was very supportive in general. She told me I have made a ton of progress and was proud of me.

Okay now to the good stuff. I couldn't resist. I asked her how grandma was. I know she can't stand her so I had to get the ball rolling. Aunt Ruth doesn't waste much time. She said I saw her recently and she wasn't very nice to me. That's nothing new. They like each other as much as Joyce Dewitt likes Suzanne Somers. Then she says, she looks like hell(I could of died laughing). I was like I need the internet right now, so I can post that.

She also told me she doesn't really have her life together either in the car. I kinda knew that. She really didn't pick me apart at all.

I just need to get out more. I feel much better. I spend too much time alone.

Then she said can we go for Iced Cream. I really need to loosen up. The thing is I really don't like iced cream that much and I told her next time. When in fact I wouldn't mind going, actually my voice obsession subsided, but was triggered at dinner by another obsession. I really just wanted to go home after we ate, but she said after eating fish, she loves iced cream. She told me I love Iced cream to. I really had no choice, because we went for iced cream anyway. I tried to get out of it though. She asked about 7 times. I said "no thanks" each time. Being home now, it really was selfish on my part not to just say, yes. I mean the woman is 85 years old and is lonely herself. I sometimes just get consumed with my problems, that I forget other people want to have a good time. Sometimes I just have to live with my problems and do things others want. While I was refusing to get iced cream I could hear you guys scream and me. Just shut up and go. I think part of the reason I don't like Iced Cream, is because its fun. I don't enjoy fun things. Working on it though.

If anything Aunt Ruth knows how to really let you know she cares. It makes me tear up a little bit when I write this. She said Do you watch deal or no deal. I said sometimes, she said I love that program and she said Howie has the same thing as you do and he's successful.

Aunt Ruth has no clue what she means to me. Words can't express it. I really didn't realize how much she truly cares till tonight.

Aunt Ruth you get an A+. Even though you told me tonight how much you hate Hillary Clinton. She told me that woman will do anything to be president. I was thinking don't most people? She said Justin, you can see I don't have any opinions. Aunt Ruth calls her jokes "funnies"

Aunt Ruth is also going to a blue grass concert on friday with friends. She has more of a life then I do.
    Snark, have I got an idea for you! You need to write a book about Aunt Ruth. I have been literally reading your Aunt Ruth stories. She reminds me of some of my relatives, but funnier. She sounds like a real card.
    If that woman in NC can make a fortune off the Miss Julia books, you should definetly be able to write Aunt Ruth stories. You tell them so well here.

I'm glad you got out and enjoyed yourself and helped make her evening nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2540465;
    HEH! - I wish I looked HALF as good as Dean Martin. I usually get the why are you pissed or so abrupt when it comes to my voice. My thing is, that I rarely chit chat - You ask me a question I answer it. Thats it.
    Well Gabriel, it has to be said, and of course I am the one to say it.
    Considering Dean's been gone a while now, I'm sure you look MUCH better than he does at the moment.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack
    If anything Aunt Ruth knows how to really let you know she cares. It makes me tear up a little bit when I write this. She said Do you watch deal or no deal. I said sometimes, she said I love that program and she said Howie has the same thing as you do and he's successful.

Aunt Ruth has no clue what she means to me. Words can't express it. I really didn't realize how much she truly cares till tonight.
    snark That one little section of your whole post has had me sitting here at my computer crying.

She sounds like a very special lady and one who knows how to take your mind off your problems for awhile and it sounds like you do the same for her. Bless you both!

I'm so glad you reached out to us here at the FORT...if for no other reason than to vent.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Snark: Treat Aunt Ruth to a cone or a pint of ice cream (Ben & Jerry's?) before summer is over. I have two great-aunts. One is almost 90 and lives 500 miles away. We visited her in June. The other one is 87 and I haven't seen her in a long time, but I do talk to both of them and send them fun cards and little notes in the mail.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Sorry for the double post. My last post probably sounded harsh. What I really meant to say was "Enjoy your time with Aunt Ruth.... If she wants Ice Cream, get her some ice cream. I was fortunate enough to be able to do that with my grandmother and I'm trying to do that with both of my great-aunts now.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2540973;
    Sorry for the double post. My last post probably sounded harsh. What I really meant to say was "Enjoy your time with Aunt Ruth.... If she wants Ice Cream, get her some ice cream. I was fortunate enough to be able to do that with my grandmother and I'm trying to do that with both of my great-aunts now.
    doxie- I did not think your last post was harsh at all. Methinks you might have read too much into it yourself..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Well as you all know, the country is in a housing slump and Florida has been hit hard. Mostly because hurricanes and speculators drove up prices, the market got glutted and prices then fell. Builders are not building and a lot of jobs have been lost (for once in our life, we got out before the crash thank goodness). I had read last week that almost 100,000 jobs in the housing and mortgage industry have been lost in August.

Well one of my husband's good friends called last night and he hasn't been able to find work and his house is being foreclosed on. He has custody of his 3 year old daughter and he was asking what work was like up here. His wife (who I thought always had problems) has developed a nice crack addiction and left him and the child and he doesn't even know where she is. This is the nicest guy in the world, would do ANYTHING for anyone and I just feel so badly for him right now.

So looks like my emergency shelter may be opening again as he's going to come up and look for a job and stay with us a few days. I'm looking forward to seeing him again and he has the most adorable little girl that I get to play with.
    Anyway, where my husband works has openings and he's talking to them today about his friend, so hopefully something will work out and this guy can get up here, find work, find housing and start over. I feel so badly for him as he had such a nice house that he and my husband had done a LOT of work on and now he's losing it because he's been out of work and his wife is an idiot.
    And I feel for the little girl. She is so sweet and is now without a mother because the mother chose drugs over her.
    So it should be fairly busy around here soon I guess. He's got me looking at apartments up here for him, so I'm out today to get hte apartment guides for the city.
    So while this isn't really my troubles, my heart is breaking for this guy because of the situation he finds himself in. Part of his problem is that he is such a nice guy and the wife has always taken advantage of that. And he helped us immensely last year get packed up to move among other things. Worked his tail off. I just hope we can repay some of what he's done for us by helping him out.

MRD - Your friend is very lucky that he has a friend like you. There's not a lot of people that would open up their home to someone - and someone with a 3-year-old to boot! You are a very special person. I hope your friend is able to find work soon.

Considering Dean's been gone a while now, I'm sure you look MUCH better than he does at the moment.
    I don't know about gabriel, but I've often been compared to death warmed over.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD, have fun playing with the 3 yr old. Yes, I would do what you're doing in a heartbeat for one of my friends, but I don't know if I'm unselfish enough to do it for a stranger. How sad for the little girl about her mother, but thank god for her father!

Up here we've had loads of businesses close/move away and the workers are losing their homes. Scary thought. The people go to where the jobs are and there aren't a lot of openings within 45 miles. As I hope to move within a year, I know I'll end up in the closest large city and I know I'll miss my little town!

MRD

Well its been a while since I've had a 3 year old around so I may only last a day and be pooped. But I am looking forward to it. I love kids and with me and my daughter, the both of us should be able to handle a 3 year old.
    But I'll get back to you on that.

We've been very fortunate to have received help when we needed it, so there is no way I could turn down a friend in need like this. Even if I had never received help, I just think its socially responsible to help others that need it and I'm glad that we can help. We can't help him out financially, but we can give him and his daughter a place to stay for a week or so and I can babysit. We can help him look for jobs and a place to live and I love to cook for people, so I can do that too. I guess we all just do what we can when we can.

+ Reply to Thread