+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Have a mother cow lick it They clean their calves with no ill effects on the leather
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

lei- I'm sorry if theres anything you need just ask*hugs*
    Miss Kitty-I hope you have that you find peace
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo;2526063;
    lei- I'm sorry if theres anything you need just ask*hugs*
    Miss Kitty-I hope you have that you find peace
    Thank you, Shaybo, you are very sweet.

We're okay here so far. Kitties are all apparently healthy now. It's darn windy though. Gusts of 50mph and it's barely started. Thank goodness we're not in the direct path!

lei: I'm so very glad all is better weather wise and you are safe once again!

stephanie: Thanks for the suggestion!

Newfherder: How do I find a cow in the city?

shaybo: Thank you....things have balanced out again. Maybe those drops are working?!

I do have a little bit of trouble with the realtor for my neighbor. Last night while I was kitty sitting he dropped in and then had a little chat. Let's say it didn't go well. He thinks I should move my front gate back 30 feet, remove the fence, build a new fence, remove my deck sidewalk and take out the concrete walk underneath, have a cat landscape between our houses, repour the cement sidewalks, and oh, cut into the roots of my protected elm tree. All this so that he can talk my neighbors into more work on their house because they have water in their basement. I smell a rat......
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2528469;
    lei: I'm so very glad all is better weather wise and you are safe once again!

stephanie: Thanks for the suggestion!

Newfherder: How do I find a cow in the city?

shaybo: Thank you....things have balanced out again. Maybe those drops are working?!

I do have a little bit of trouble with the realtor for my neighbor. Last night while I was kitty sitting he dropped in and then had a little chat. Let's say it didn't go well. He thinks I should move my front gate back 30 feet, remove the fence, build a new fence, remove my deck sidewalk and take out the concrete walk underneath, have a cat landscape between our houses, repour the cement sidewalks, and oh, cut into the roots of my protected elm tree. All this so that he can talk my neighbors into more work on their house because they have water in their basement. I smell a rat......
    I sure hope you told him to take a flying leap! What nerve. It's YOUR property, not theirs and if they have a leaky basement, then it's not your place to spend $$$$$$ to fix it for them.
    I used to work closely with realtor's and my opinion of most of them (not all, I know there are some good, honest ones, so don't bombard me with PM's and posts, many are good hardworking, honest people, but I've worked with enough that I know most are not like that which is a shame as it stains the whole profession) is not good. Most that I know would sell their own mothers for a commission.

Miss Kitty, I would just ignore him in the future and not even invite him in next time. It's your property and you're not selling, so they have a lot of nerve asking that. In fact, I am just flabbergasted that he'd even talk to you about this. Geez.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Realtors are a plague. They know everything, but so little of it is right . . .

I could cheerfully strangle every realtor who has ever said "the fence is the property line" or that a boundary survey shouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred dollars.

I was doing a survey on a property once when the realtor came racing up in her car. She jumped out, all because I hadn't called her to let her know that I was going to be working there. I told her that I've NEVER checked in with the realtor, and never planned to do so in the future. She wanted my boss's name and phone number . . . I told her that his name was Newfherder, phone number 316-xxx-xxxx, but I could pretty well guarantee that he wasn't in the office right then. "Does he have a cell phone??" Yes, 316-yyy-yyyy. She was REALLY going to show me, she dialed it right then. She about messed herself when the phone on MY hip started ringing

Another time and another realtor . . . He called up and needed a survey on a particular property, which he identified by the tax key-number. I sent him a fax with our quote to do the survey, and I referenced the same tax key-number. We did the survey, and a couple of weeks later, we get a very irate phone call telling us that we had "surveyed the wrong property." I told him that we surveyed the property that we contracted to survey. He told us that we should have known that it was the adjoining property (same owner on both.) He wanted us to take the fall for his foul-up, which I wasn't willing to do. Then he told us that his father was LocalBigRealtor. So?? So if you don't take the fall, we won't ever work with you again. Really? Promise? You've never called us before, and the first time you do, you're a pain in the ass. What makes you think we'd want to work for you??
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2529452;
    Realtors are a plague. They know everything, but so little of it is right . . .

I could cheerfully strangle every realtor who has ever said "the fence is the property line" or that a boundary survey shouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred dollars.

I was doing a survey on a property once when the realtor came racing up in her car. She jumped out, all because I hadn't called her to let her know that I was going to be working there. I told her that I've NEVER checked in with the realtor, and never planned to do so in the future. She wanted my boss's name and phone number . . . I told her that his name was Newfherder, phone number 316-xxx-xxxx, but I could pretty well guarantee that he wasn't in the office right then. "Does he have a cell phone??" Yes, 316-yyy-yyyy. She was REALLY going to show me, she dialed it right then. She about messed herself when the phone on MY hip started ringing

Another time and another realtor . . . He called up and needed a survey on a particular property, which he identified by the tax key-number. I sent him a fax with our quote to do the survey, and I referenced the same tax key-number. We did the survey, and a couple of weeks later, we get a very irate phone call telling us that we had "surveyed the wrong property." I told him that we surveyed the property that we contracted to survey. He told us that we should have known that it was the adjoining property (same owner on both.) He wanted us to take the fall for his foul-up, which I wasn't willing to do. Then he told us that his father was LocalBigRealtor. So?? So if you don't take the fall, we won't ever work with you again. Really? Promise? You've never called us before, and the first time you do, you're a pain in the ass. What makes you think we'd want to work for you??

Ah, I see we share much of the same opinion.
    The phone call thing is PRICELESS!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

misskitty - Oh my goodness. That situation is just so wrong!!! I'm totally with mrd and Newf () on this one. Sheesh!!! And I'm sorry you're going through this. Give 'em what for, okay? (<- best I could do for a "power to the people" sign.)

myrosiedog, newfherder, lei:

I may not have been clear but the realtor did not get invited into my home; I was in the neighbor's house when he came over for a "chat".

I was peeved for days! Apparently, he hasn't done anything illegal but his suggestions were definitely out-of-line. My neighbors got home last night and I haven't had a chance to let them know how ridiculous he was and how I'm worried he's trying to talk them into unnecessary repairs to sell.

Newf: your telephone story had me
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fan

Okay, not a huge problem but still a problem. I am going to dinner with great aunt ruth on Wed. I haven't talked to her in about 4 or 5 months. Mostly because she picks me apart, as well as everyone else. I think I am still the only relative that still talks to her. She is 84 or 85, but still sharp, but this means she is her usual self. Never been married, or had kids, but thinks she is an authority on everything.

A little back up on Great Aunt Ruth, so you can understand some of her thinking. She doesn't do these things because she is losing it. She does it because its just HER. She use to write my grandma notes on how to raise my dad. They didn't talk for about 20 years because of this. Here are some other things she has done:

She has lots of free time, so she started a family free a long time ago. She has taken people off the family free, because they are not jewish. Some other antics, she was pissed that orothdox(sp) jews were using the elevator on Saturday, and they asked her to push the elevator button for her, and she refused. She won't tip the mailman, because he listens to Rush(Okay, I am all for not listening to Rush, but I would still tip the mailman.

Anyway, she always gives me half broken items that she thinks I have use for. I should say no, because I always throw them out as soon as I get home. She gave me a radio that does not work, she gave me a cell phone that is only good for 911, and she gave me a computer screen/monitor. She gave me the monitor like 6 months ago. Threw it out that day. Anyway, she asked me if I still had it when we talked today. I said yep, in my closet, but I am not using it. She then said when you come Wed could your bring it. She says I can give it away and get a tax deductilbe(sp) on it. She said make sure not to forget when you come Wed. She said are you sure you will remember. I am like, I am sure(l always get myself in messes like these with hers)

I don't know what to do, since I threw it the trash. If I tell her I threw it out that she will be pissed, because she thinks everything has value. I am thinking about saying I gave it to a neighbor, or charity, but not sure if she will buy it.

Any suggestions? I know this is mean, but my other relatives said its a good idea to go to dinner with her, they said she could drop at any second, and she has money, and she doesnt talk to anyone else but me.

Thanks!
    Last edited by snarkattack; 08-20-2007 at 05:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread