+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Shaybo: I hope your mom gets well really soon and is up and around in no time!
    ------------
    More bad news. Gracie wished Snuggles (her sister) a happy birthday through an e-mail (she's so smart) to my ex who kept her and Mom kitty. I discovered that my ex's sister, who I knew for 4 years, recently had a strange severe headache, ended up having a stroke, then brain surgery, and has been in a rehab hospital since June! OMGosh! I have the room # so I'm going to visit her this weekend. She was always very healthy and active when I knew her.

Oh, and my Mom and Dad are still waiting for their frig to get put into the house and their old one taken away.

And my kitty/house sitting was cancelled because my neighbors, who were going to Kelowna to buy a house they saw online, were told it just SOLD; just as they were getting into their car and heading out on the highway. The are so bummed out.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

I've been kinda avoiding this thread lately because I've been a bit stressed myself. I just want to send everyone my prayers and good wishes even if I'm not that interactive here.

ETA: Overall I'm okay. But in-between little Theo's near-death and our eldest Daphne's illness today (which we're hoping isn't serious) there's just been too much news about loved ones' illnesses and losses. Just one of those "world gone mad" times, ya know? I hate that. But I'll be okay.

ETA again: Oh yeah and there's a category 4 hurricane coming our way, probably will subside or won't be direct, but it sure adds to the overall, "NOW what???" feeling.
    Last edited by lei; 08-11-2007 at 02:20 PM.

lei: Sending you big hugs and relaxing and soothing purrs from the kitties! My gosh. Stressful news does seem to have a way of gathering in groups. I hope that all works out ok for your loved one's ills. And my condolences on their losses too! .
    ----------

Little troubles continue to follow me. I dumped a half a bottle of kool-aid from my water bottle in my purse. Glub, glub, glub. Everything is wet and sticky. I had to wash off my change purse, ID and credit cards, pens, lipstick, eyeglass holders, and everything else that gathered in there. Sheesh. Thank goodness I didn't have my digital camera in it at the time. I've already trashed one camera that way.

Anyone know if I can wash a leather purse?

I bought a bottle of Self-Heal (prunella vulgaris) flower essence to take so I can into a positive balance again.
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-11-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2519865;
    I've been kinda avoiding this thread lately because I've been a bit stressed myself. I just want to send everyone my prayers and good wishes even if I'm not that interactive here.

ETA: Overall I'm okay. But in-between little Theo's near-death and our eldest Daphne's illness today (which we're hoping isn't serious) there's just been too much news about loved ones' illnesses and losses. Just one of those "world gone mad" times, ya know? I hate that. But I'll be okay.

ETA again: Oh yeah and there's a category 4 hurricane coming our way, probably will subside or won't be direct, but it sure adds to the overall, "NOW what???" feeling.
    You just hang in there and I'm sure Daphne will be fine. With all of us thinking of you it can only get better.

From the Rainbow Bridge:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, you two.

misskitty - These are such challenging times, aren't they? And there's some days/weeks/whatever when everything happens at once. I hope that the flower essence brings some positivity.

gabriel - Between you and Mona, Daphne has to get better.

Bless you both, you are so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2519865;

Isn't it hard to worry about hurricane Flossie? They were talking about it on the news last night and the anchors had a hard time keeping a straight face.

Stay safe.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, dagwood. Hopefully she will remain a joke.

Daphne has made some progress. I'll report in animal lovers but meantime thanks for the prayers here. I'll return when things settle down. Sometimes it is indeed always something. *sigh*

Yikes John. I'm just reading about your troubles. I hope you're feeling better. Good luck recuperating.

I shouldn't even be in here complaining, I guess. I don't have a real "trouble" to speak of. I'm just bone-freaking tired and I miss just hanging out with my daughter. I've been traveling for work almost non-stop lately and I'm just worn out. My poor little girl misses me and I just want to take it down a notch. I'm off to another trip in a day or two that will last for three days. At least this will be the end of it for awhile.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Awww gabriel: That was so sweet to post Mona's memorium from Rainbow Bridge for support! It worked! Daphne is much better!

I just you.

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2520469;
    Anyone know if I can wash a leather purse?
    I can answer this one. My mom had a leather purse once, it was ivory white with a red strap and embrodiery...anyways, one day, she asked her mom (my grandmother) to take it to the dry cleaners for her, and Gramma decided to save mom $10 by cleaning it herself. However, you CAN NOT clean a leather garment yourself, it will crack, and if there is any colored fabric, it will take on the color of the fabric. Gramma did not realize this until it wsa a little too late to do anything. I've seen this purse (she still has it, 20 years later,) and it is cracked and blood red. It's very sad.

So basically, I'd take it to the dry cleaners if I was you, they might be able to do something about it without totally destroying it.

+ Reply to Thread