+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1670Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by ttriber;2492450;
    Alright this may be a smaller problem then the ones that have been posted before but here is my dilemma. I have a co-worker who really has not many friends and the first day I met the guy I taught he was an all right guy.But then I gave him my phone number and he starts calling me to go out with him and stuff but I'm not the type of guy who goes out with some co worker I met whos new. So I tell him I am busy for the weekend. Then the next weekend same issue he calls me again i tell him I'm busy again. Then the next one he does the same thing as well i make up another excuse. The problem I'm having is how the heck do I get this guy off my back I dont want anything to do with him period. So the other day I asked a friend what do I do and he told me to just not pick up the phone when he calls so I tried that but knowing that were gonna be back to work in 3 weeks kind of gets me. Should I just confront him and tell him you go your way I go my way or should I just totally ignore him. This has pretty much bothered me and I wanna know some solutions. So far I have not picked up the phone when he has called to see if he gets the message.
    Do what I do: Make it known that you don't "hang out" with people you work with. Just tell him, hey nothing personal but I don't mix work & outside life.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

lei, I'm so glad to read this - I've been waiting all day for this very news!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Yay! I'm so glad he is okay! What a tough little kitty! Give him a great big hug from Aunt Kat!

Awww, Lei, I missed all of your drama today but am so relieved for you and your little baby. What a purr-fect ending to your nightmare (I know, that was corny!)

Ttriber, I would go along with what Gabriel said. Just tell him you don't socialize on your "off" time with people you work with. Or you could even say that your prefer to spend weekends with your significant other and hopefully he will get the hint.

Also thinking here.....do you not want to hang out with him because he keeps bugging you to hang out or do you just find him to be kind of strange?

Could it be that he is new to town and doesn't know anyone? Could it be that he is just a shy type guy who has trouble making/meeting new people?

Maybe if you did get to know him, you might make a really nice friend for yourself. Just a thought.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, dear ones. I am, again, so grateful for your support through this crisis.

For those interested in Theodore's 2nd (or 3rd or whatever) life, it continues in the animal lovers thread. I'll just copy this part:

I have to say again how my whole world shifted when I knew he was okay. With Rainey's death still so fresh, and Theo brought in to fill her space, it would have been completely devastating to lose him. While my birthday was wonderful for many reasons, I knew that if he could be healthy I couldn't imagine asking for anything ever again. Just puts everything in perspective.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Lei, I'm so happy to read that your horrible experience has had a happy ending. Little Teddy has my best hopes that he'll be good as new in no time!

ttriber, it might be difficult to shake him, since you did give him your phone number. If you exchanged numbers for future reference, in case either of your have car trouble and need a lift to work, you could restate the purpose for giving him your home phone number.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

FORT Newbie

Thanks for the advice Gabriel & lopevian. I think next time I see him I'm gonna refer to what you said Gabriel about not mixing work and outside life together.

Quote Originally Posted by ttriber;2493503;
    Thanks for the advice Gabriel & lopevian. I think next time I see him I'm gonna refer to what you said Gabriel about not mixing work and outside life together.

always works for me.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

lei - I'm so happy little Theodore is home and happy and getting plenty of lovin'. He is one tough little kittie!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, Lopevian and ScoutMom!

Again, the support here has been incredible.

+ Reply to Thread