+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: Talk about your troubles

Wow, katgib, what a lot of news you have...

I've heard a lot about the bad effects of increasing/decreasing Effexor. It can be an amazing med but it comes with a price. I'm so very sorry you're having to go through that.

You can sure pat yourself on the back for handling that, while still recovering from all those little ones, and while still appreciating the fabulous news about your brother.

I hope things become much more comfortable for you soon.

Thank you, lei! I'll get through it. It just sucks because everything was smooth sailing... and now it's like starting over.

lei, scoutmom, gabriel, lopevian, Unk. AmyLee, Roseskid, MamaC:

Thank you all so much for your good wishes. Mr. Tootles is okay today but I have been jumpy to say the least. Gracie doesn't know why everyone was in such a fuss but she's fine too. Everything was fine Wed morning and today, so hopefully they are out messing about in some other neighborhood. I feel like I have OCD: I'm locking and checking and rechecking all doors and windows and everything. I hate that feeling of being intruded upon.

katgib: That's awful about your Effexor. I couldn't take that stuff. But I know that even missing a day or two of meds can affect one terribly. I hope you feel better soon!

My, you had a handful with all your nieces! That is great news that your brother is out of jail and is keeping out of trouble. I hope he manages to get back on his feet and things go well for him now. Prayers sent his way!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2491981;
    [B]My, you had a handful with all your nieces! That is great news that your brother is out of jail and is keeping out of trouble. I hope he manages to get back on his feet and things go well for him now. Prayers sent his way!
    I appreciate that....he's going to need it. Cocaine is his drug of choice and it's a hard habit to break. So far, so good, though. I'm hoping jail scared him enough.

katgib13 - Wow! What a time you've had! I'm glad you got the whole medication thing straightened out, and I hope the side effects ease up quickly.

Your nieces are very fortunate they have an aunt like you. Just think where they'd be if you weren't so nice.

I hope and pray your brother is able to beat his addiction. It sounds like he's on the right track. I'll keep him and your family in my prayers.

lei
    FORT Fogey

I don't really know where to post this, because it is definitely troubling, but hopefully, and most likely, ultimately good news, and it would definitely fit in the animal lovers thread, but I'm putting it here because right now I'm deeply troubled and if it weren't for valium I'd be hysterical.

Something crazy happened tonight. Our kitties were playing around, and somehow our sweet silly Daniel knocked over a barstool, which fell right on baby Theodore's back. He ran a few yards and then collapsed, shocked, and breathing laboriously. Mr. lei and I were scared to death.

The vet met us at his hospital in 20 minutes and the good news was that he checked out fine neurologically. The bad news was that there were a lot of things it could be, and most of them were bad. The least bad one was a bruised lung, then there's ruptured diaphragm and any number of organ problems. We kissed his sweet little face as they took him back to put him on oxygen and pain meds, take x-rays and blood tests, I forget what else. And we went home to wait out the agonizing hour hoping for the best, talking to my best girlfriend here, and throwing out the damn barstools.

We got encouraging news. It appears to be "only" a bruised lung, pulmonary edema, which means the main thing is to keep him on oxygen while they give him diuretics to keep the fluid out. Of course the vet was cautious but it sounds like he has a good chance of recovery while being treated carefully over the next 2-3 days. But there is a risk that fluid could re-enter, so it's all very touchy.

When it first happened I was completely lucid about getting him to the doc, and once we left him there and it was out of my hands I just broke down. I can't describe the fear of not knowing, especially that first bleak hour till we heard the encouraging news.

I've had three kitties who had narrow brushes. I feel like this is another one. He's a strong healthy boy but he's also just a tiny baby, and I'm not gonna be okay until I know for sure what's going on.

We just lost our 16-1/2 year old Rainey a month or two ago. It would be devastating to lose our little kissyface shmuglump whose purr you can hear across the room. The last picture we took of him he's sitting on Mr. lei's shoulder while kissing him on the mouth.

I need prayers. Well, I would appreciate them. I guess that's why I posted this here.

It's ironic that my birthday just started. Not that I give a darn when this happened. I'm hoping that we get more good news tomorrow morning (probably 9:30 Hawaii time) and that will be the best birthday present I can possibly get or ever want.

Thanks my friends for listening.

Oh, lei! I'm SO sorry. Prayers are definitely coming shmuglump's way. I wish him a quick recovery and lots and lots of loving when he gets home.

Oh, Lei, what a terrible way to begin a birthday weekend. Theodore's in good hands at the vet's, and I'll be praying he's good as new and back home with the family ASAP. Please keep us informed on his progress.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I'm so sorry for you lei. You know we'll be keeping little Teddy in our prayers around here.

Oh lei- What an awful way to begin a birthday. I am praying for little Schmuglumps recovery and giving Joey kitty hugs for Theodore. Know that we all are thinking of you and yours.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread