+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1565Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Wow! That's a bad day to beat all bad days. I'm so happy Mr. Tootles safe at home again.

misskitty - that IS a bad day. Now you keep Mr. Tootles under wraps and let him look out the window..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I don't know - after the experience Mr. Tootles had, he may not want to see the outside world even from the inside!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Misskitty, so sorry to read about your awful day! I hope your Dad is okay, the two of you must be physically and emotionally exhausted! I'm so glad Mr. Tootles is safe and sound. I hope those idiots never darken your Dad's doorstep again. Take care and rest up!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

I hope those idiots don't bother you anymore misskitty and I'm glad you found Mr. Tootles unharmed.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Whoa! You're in my thoughts, Misskitty. Hope they catch those cowards.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Sorry to hear about such a frightening experience, MK.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Miss Kitty, hopefully what "they" say is true....bad luck comes in threes!

But geez, how awful to have all of that happen one right after another! So glad you found Mr. Tootles.

MissKitty - I hope things were nice and quiet for you and the morons didn't pay a return visit. Let us know you're OK.

This hasn't been my best week. I ended up having my nieces for 4 weeks. I was supposed to have them for two, but their mother started a new job and didn't have money to pay a sitter while she got back on her feet, so I told her they could just stay with me. Whew! They left on Sunday morning and I've been cleaning my house and trying to get everything back to normal. I love them to pieces and enjoy their company, but it's nice to have my house back to normal again.

The bad news....In the middle of last week, I realized I only had one Effexor (for depression) left. I called my Dr. office so they could phone in a prescription. The next day, I go to pick it up...they never called. So I called them back...the office was closed for the rest of week for some reason. I tried on Monday and got a busy signal all day long. Tuesday, I was busy in the morning and finally called after lunch and they were closed for the rest of the day. Yesterday...they closed early again. WTH? I finally got a hold of them today and they said they called in the prescription. My pharmasist( I know that's spelled wrong..lol..sorry!) (whom I've used for the past 20 years) says, no, they didn't. Anyway, they finally called it in today and I took my first pill in over a week an hour ago. Guess what? The side effects you get when you first start taking a medication....in this case it's nausea...is back. It's like I'm starting all over. I feel so sick and I feel tingly, like my scalp is crawling. It's not good. I'm hoping it runs it's course in a week or two because this is horrible. I hate to feel sick. I'd rather just vomit and get it over with.

I would switch Dr's, but the truth is....I really like this one. I hate his office help, but I love the Doctor. When I took my youngest in for his 2 week well baby appt...Dr. Ginn scooped him up, weighed him himself and cooed to him. He did that every appt. after, too. Now, my soon to be 5 year old isn't a bit afraid of him. When he goes with me for my appt's...Preston will sit on his lap, show him his booboos and everything! For his own appt's...he opens his mouth, breathes deep...whatever the Dr. asks. I don't want to switch because my young son loves him. That's a bit rare, I think. He actually likes going to the Doctor. Silly kid!

I actually do have good news...awhile back my brother, who has had a drug problem most of his life, went to jail for selling. Anyway, he got out recently (he's the father of the nieces I had here for a month) and I'm pretty sure he is clean. He is going to church 3 times a week and working two jobs. He visited recently and he seemed more like his wonderful old self. He also seems to always have money now, as before, he was always broke. So, I don't think he is spending it all on drugs anymore. He even talks different. I'm soooooooo proud of him! He really is a wonderful guy. The drugs just do a number on him. I'm hoping and praying he can stay on this path.
    Last edited by katgib13; 07-27-2007 at 12:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread