+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1967Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

ScoutMom, I agree with lei about the omega-3. I take fish oil capsules every day for my bursitis and it works wonders. What has also helped immeasurably is doing 25 side leg lifts per side before I get up in the morning and strapping on some ankle weights and doing some forward leg lifts when I'm parked on the couch of an evening. It strengthens the muscles running along side your knees and really helps alleviate the pain and swelling.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2488009;
    Gut, that reminds me of my senior skip day where we all went to a park and a few of us canoed to an island. We all had been friends for years and so sat down in a circle and talked for hours. Needless to say, we ended up sitting in a poison ivy patch and didn't realize it. Almost all of us ended up scratching in the most unbelievable places! My dad, who was a town dr, came home laughing about those silly kids who kept coming in w/poison ivy-he wasn't laughing when he realized that I had it too. In fact, I got grounded my senior year for skipping the day before the last day of high school! And the p.i. lasted for a while!
    I would have thought the poison Ivy was punishment enough; the grounding wasn't too long was it?
    Since we're telling poison ivy stories, I'll throw in mine. My Mom and I were clearing some woods behind our house one fall, an when we got finished, burnt the big brushpile we had made. Bad idea! There was a lot of poison ivy hiding in there, and we both ended up looking like Unklescott's employee, plus inhaled some of the smoke and could barely breathe. We had to go get several shots, but it was still hell for a few days.

Get well soon, Newfherder.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Queenie, I was just going to talk about how my mom would get poison ivy when people would burn the stuff when she was a little girl in New York. Ack, I feel for all of you, it's got to be miserable.

Those of you who suffer from arthritis, bursitis, etc., are you also taking glucosamine with chondroitin sulfate (some brands are much better than others) along with your omega-3? That stuff has helped me tremendously, and I buy the big bottles at Costco.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I was going to post about the G and C, roses; it's helped me a lot too. I take it and the fish oil.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2488558;
    Those of you who suffer from arthritis, bursitis, etc., are you also taking glucosamine with chondroitin sulfate (some brands are much better than others) along with your omega-3? That stuff has helped me tremendously, and I buy the big bottles at Costco.
    I was thinking about it. Now that I know how much the omega-3 helps (I like making one change at a time so I can see how it works) and have heard how G&C helps you and queenb, I think I'll give it a try. Thanks to you both!

ETA: Some brands of omega-3 are better than others, too. Be sure to stay clear of those that may contain metals.

Scoutmom, I went through a knee injury a while back and I learned to take ibuprofen before the appointment. Those ortho appointments are brutal!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thanks all, for your suggestions. I had my x-ray yesterday afternoon and will follow up with the doc after that. Then I'll take it from there. I have taken the fish oil for aches and pains, but truthfully, don't remember to take it every day. The omega-3 sounds good, too. I promise, I'll look into all your suggestions. Thanks again!

My mom was recently diagnosed w/bursitis in her knees and found out she was reacting badly to ibu. The dr switched her meds (I don't know what she's taking now) and she feels lots better.

Sorry to hear of everyone's troubles.

I had a bad day yesterday.

1. First, 10ft of my huge 60year old blue spruce broke during a storm and crashed down on my cable line. I phone Shaw, the provider, and made an appontment on Tuesday. It was stretched out but was still intact and working fine. My Dad and I took the tree top off and chopped it up and bagged it up. Yesterday morning, I went outside to see if the stretched line had been fixed and found it had been CUT from my house connection AND from the pole connection in the alley. They left the cut line slung over my telephone line in the yard and just left! So, no service! I had to phone twice to report it and Shaw couldn't believe it. This morning the guy finally came and put up an entire new cable line into the house to the alley. And I got one week free internet!

2. My Dad stopped by as I was priming the front entrance of the house. We cleaned up brushes and stuff outside and then we went to the front just to talk about a tree that I need to cut down ('another story entirely). Then he went to the back to his car to go home. It had been broken into! At 4pm in broad daylight, with both of us home and wandering in the back yard, the garage and the front. WTH? They took some meter money, a key (for the museum he volunteers at) and my garage door opener that he has. The theives tried to steal the car with the wrong key and wrecked his ignition. He had to go to the police station and file a report. There were fingerprints on the window but were smudged. The police warned that they might be back later that night to steal stuff from the garage so I had to disconnect both my doors, put a steel rod in it and leave the lights on. Also, I put up a snarky note which said: Warning: the police have your fingerprints. you know who you are. we are watching.

3. There were at least two theives; one raiding the car and the other who opened the back gate to keep watch. It took them less than 10 minutes. Then we noticed Mr. Tootles was MISSING!! My Dad almost fainted. We searched the house and basement and yard over again to make sure he wasn't hiding somewhere. Then we canvassed the alley and surrounding yards and found him. He was ok but confused. The theives had let him out of the yard and scared him down the alley.

I have never been so upset to almost have my Mr. Tootles stolen from my backyard!! He is not replaceable!

I needed a big drinky-poo last night. I'm exhausted today.

And to think I just watched The Secret the night before. Something went terribly wrong, law-of-attraction-wise!
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-25-2007 at 08:35 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2489703;
    I had a bad day yesterday....
    Awww honey, I'm so sorry you had such a crappy day. It's a terrible feeling to be invaded.

And I'm so relieved that Mr. Tootles is okay!!! That is the most important thing. My goodness, what a relief! Please give him a big hug from auntie lei.

+ Reply to Thread