+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2472944;
    All four of them. Unlike MRD...I do have a big mouth!

Actually, I had gaps between my teeth before my wisdom teeth came in. They pushed them altogether. I get asked all the time if I ever had braces.. Nope. My dentist can't remove them because of how deep the roots are. I have to have surgery. Which doesn't excite me.

I guess I'm a little nervous because I've only been under once and that was when I got spayed after the birth of my last child. I didn't like the way I felt when I came out of it.

I remember waking up in recovery and there were nurses and aides everywhere. I kept hearing their names and they all freaking rhymed! Marina, Karena, Lena, Tina....I remember trying to laugh and ending up in a coughing fit...because my name is Katrina. When they realized what I was trying to say..they all laughed. I guess they get teased about it all the time by the rest of the staff.
    The oral surgery I had done was nothing like that. In fact it was done in a facility designed ONLY for oral surgery. So don't get too nervous, its nothing like regular surgery.

Catmom, my condolences on your loss. I don't think it matters what age you are when you lose a parent, its still hard. I wish you healing in the coming weeks and prayers for you and your family.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Catmom: My thoughts and prayers are with you this week. Do take care. .

PWS and famita: Thanks. He's definitely going to jail, I just hope the judge orders psychiatric counselling and treatment for him.

Well, it's been way too hot to try to prime or paint my ceilings this week. We're having a heat wave with high humidity. So I thought I'd fix a little bit of grout that had chipped off in the shower around my glass block window. I started to patch a bit with a tiny bit of grout and then every piece that I touched just fell off into the bathtub! Every piece of grout around the entire window just came off with the touch of a finger. And the first row of tiles are ready to fall off! They're the original plastic tiles. If I replace any of them, the entire bathroom has to be done!

I can't deal with all that. Everything I touch in this house is literally falling apart!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Catmom, I want to offer my heartfelt and belated condolences to you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. I am lucky enough to have both of my parents still and cannot imagine how horrible this must be for you all. I hope you are able to take things one day at a time, grieve, and get some rest... I know that you loved your mother very much and that she knew how much she meant to you. Again, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Catmom - My thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't even pretend to understand the kind of pain you are going through as I'm fortunate enough to have both parents still alive, but I just want you to know that I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. We are all here for you!
    Wake up and be awesome

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

CatMom - I'm so very sorry for the loss of your Mom. These days following the funeral will be so hard, so I'm sending you peace and hugs.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

CatMom, so sorry to read about your very sad loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to each of you during this difficult time.

Catmom, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

This isn't nearly as serious as some troubles on the boards, but right now I have poison ivy and it's driving me nuts. I have a tiny patch by the corner of my left eye that isn't too bad unless I get sweat in it (hard to avoid in Kansas in the summertime); the big patch starts about 4" above my wrist and extends into my fingers, especially between the ring and middle fingers. I have a couple of dusky maroon patches where I've rubbed too hard and ruptured blood vessels. The only thing that kills the itch for any length of time is to hold the affected area under very hot water (as hot as I can stand.)

The good news is that the poison ivy takes my mind off of the 43,558 (estimated) chigger bites on my legs.

PS I know what poison ivy looks like, I knew I was in it, but I didn't have a choice. Well, I did have one choice, I could have sent my business partner/ex-wife into it, but chivalry is not dead.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2485702;
    This isn't nearly as serious as some troubles on the boards, but right now I have poison ivy and it's driving me nuts. I have a tiny patch by the corner of my left eye that isn't too bad unless I get sweat in it (hard to avoid in Kansas in the summertime); the big patch starts about 4" above my wrist and extends into my fingers, especially between the ring and middle fingers. I have a couple of dusky maroon patches where I've rubbed too hard and ruptured blood vessels. The only thing that kills the itch for any length of time is to hold the affected area under very hot water (as hot as I can stand.)

The good news is that the poison ivy takes my mind off of the 43,558 (estimated) chigger bites on my legs.

PS I know what poison ivy looks like, I knew I was in it, but I didn't have a choice. Well, I did have one choice, I could have sent my business partner/ex-wife into it, but chivalry is not dead.
    I've had poison oak before and it's not fun! Use lots of calamine lotion!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Load up on the calamine, Newf. Get well soon.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread