+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1504Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

catmom- I am so sorry to hear about your mother.

catmom3, I am so sad to hear of the loss of your mother. As roses said, age doesn't matter when it comes to the loss of a parent.

Just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers, and we send you much love .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Catmom--really sorry to hear about your mom...for you and for your dad. I hope having you helps him cope with this...really hard for him to lose the person who was both his physical and emotional support.
    MamaC... I hate to say it but I've been through this with my MIL and now see it with my own mom, and it could well be something serious starting mentally. Do tell the doctor. It doesn't really matter at this age if it's senile dementia or Altz. or what, pretty much the same thing happening. With my MIL one of the early signs was that she could no longer find the airport in her town/city to pick people up. A town she'd lived in about 40 years. Best of luck to you...hoping it was just a one time thing, but from what you say, doesn't sound like it.
    misskitty--such a shame he wasn't helped back in 8th grade....
    And, wow, all the tooth stories....yikes!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

My condolences, Catmom.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback regarding my mom.

I called up there today and all was well. (We had other plans here today or else I would have stayed overnight last night. I do go up every couple of days and cook, clean and do their laundry, which they really appreciate. I do it mostly so I can keep an eye on those two! LOL)

I also talked to another sister today and we think it is time to have a call into the doctor. So we are making up a list of things she has done that worry us, or at least make us scratch our heads! I just don't want my dad thinking we are overreacting, and he just might. But after the incident yesterday, I think he will understand. Mom will be 80 in Feb. and Dad just turned 82 in May.

Mom does have an appt. with her primary physician in about two weeks, so I will call him so he knows about our concerns in advance.

Thanks again!

Mmmy condolences to you and your family catmom.

catmom - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. No matter how old our parents get or what their health issues are, it's difficult to face the fact that they won't be available for us to visit or talk to on the phone. I do believe that our deceased loves ones somehow know what's going on in our lives. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

MamaC - I definitely agree that you should talk to your mom's doctor about your concerns. Things like that can be very scary, and you should know whether that was just an isolated incident or something that could continue to occur. As scary as it is, it's better to know what you're dealing with and how to best help your mom and other family members.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Catmom3, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Know that we all will be thinking about you.

MamaC, I agree that the best thing to do is tell her dr. He can diagnose so much better if he has all the information. Chances that your parents are already aware that something is not right.

misskitty, hopefully your (ex-)nephew will get some help.

I'm so sorry for your loss Catmom...I don't know how I would handle losing my parents either. Take care!

Thank you everyone, for your kind words and prayers. The arrangements are made and if I can get through Wednesday without totally losing it the worst will be over. Then all I really have to do is take care of my Dad and learn to accept living with the lose.

I have been coming here the last few days and really hanging out in the animal lovers thread. I do read others. It really gives me a good release to talk to you folks, read your comments and see your sweet furry family members. Thanks again
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

+ Reply to Thread