+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1692Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

If the wisdom teeth aren't decaying, I'd tell the dentist to find another way to make her boat payment this month. I still have one of my wisdom teeth, and every time a new dentist sees it, he wants to yank it. Oh HELL no. It's been exposed for umpteen years and hasn't been a problem (unlike the other three.) I can't help but wonder how brilliant I'd be if I was running on all four wisdom cylinders instead of just one
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

lei
    FORT Fogey

Aww, kat, I'm sorry you had such a crappy day with crappy news. I hate when everything seems to just go wrong, and when one is tired, it just seems to compound on itself.

I hope things turn around for you soon.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2471549;
    I can't help but wonder how brilliant I'd be if I was running on all four wisdom cylinders instead of just one
    I still have all my wisdom teeth. Just proves that it's a misnomer.

Yeah, but you're a girl, so it doesn't really apply

See, if I had all of my allotted wisdom, I'd have never posted something like that.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2471549;
    If the wisdom teeth aren't decaying, I'd tell the dentist to find another way to make her boat payment this month. I
    She said they are starting to. I should probably just bite the bullet and do it. I went to her last year to have them removed and when she did the x-rays, she said I'd have to have them cut out by an oral surgeon because the roots are very close to nerves in my jaw and my sinus cavity. Oh joy.

Thanks lei!

MRD

Oh Kat, I feel for you. I had oral surgery done when I was 13. I had 2 teeth growing down instead of up. But it wasn't that bad as they put me out and I don't remember it being so bad afterwards, but I had pain meds too. Hey, at least they will help you sleep. So there is a bright side.

I am missing 7 teeth that were never there to begin with. 3 of them were wisdom teeth, so I guess I'm only a quarter smart as I should be. I still have that tooth and don't have any problems with it. It is not as tall as the molar next to it and I was told I would have problems because of that and never did.

I did not get any 12 year molars and I only got 1 wisdom tooth and I'm missing 2 other teeth that never grew in, so the baby teeth never fell out. I'm 45 and still have 2 baby teeth. The up side of that is that the dentist said my mouth wasn't big enough to have held all those teeth and many would have had to been pulled anyway. I would like to go on record HERE that a professional person has said my mouth was NOT big!!! Contrary to many who know me.

And apparantly this is genetic as my grandmother, mother and my daughter are all missing teeth as well that were just never there to begin with.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's crappy Kat. My daughter had 2 wisdom top wisdom teeth pulled this week (2 days apart). They weren't fully in, and were beginning to decay because her brush wasn't reaching. It took the dentist barely any time at all to do in his office, and she had no problems...maybe yours are more complicated? Her bottom ones are fine.

Good luck...I had all 4 of mine removed at 19 under a general because they were impacted. It's no fun, but doesn't last long.

Kat..are they the top wisdom teeth or the bottom two?

I had to have my wisdom teeth extracted when I was about 23 I guess by an oral surgeon. The top two were very easy to extract; apparently the root systems of the upper wisdom teeth are not as long as the bottom ones. Kind of like baby teeth. The oral surgeon extracted the two top ones quite easily. He had such a hard time on the lower jaw though, and only managed to take out one. I still have the other and have no plans on ever getting it extracted unless it is absolutely necessary. I ended up with nerve damage on the side where he did take the wisdom tooth. It really doesn't bother me much, except sometimes I will be sucking on a cough drop and it gets stuck between my jaw and tongue. I have to use my finger to get it out of that spot.

If they are your top wisdom teeth, and they are starting to showing signs of decay, I would bite the bullet and have them taken out. Better to do it now, than to wait until you are in pain from more decay. I would talk to the oral surgeon first, though, regarding your concerns about the proximity of the roots to the nerves and sinuses.

Also, in our house, the tooth fairy still comes to those who have to have teeth extracted by an oral sugeon!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2471764;
    Good luck...I had all 4 of mine removed at 19 under a general because they were impacted. It's no fun, but doesn't last long.
    I also had all 4 of mine out (they were impacted) around the same age also under general anesthetic, and the only problem I had afterward were 'dry sockets.' Not fun, and certainly ask your surgeon about this because I didn't know anything about them and suffered over a weekend needlessly (I thought everyone hurt that bad). Once they treated my sockets, I felt so much better. Like canuck says, the discomfort doesn't last long. Good luck, sweetie.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I had two of mine out when I was in my 20s. It was done in the dentist's office and wasn't bad. I was a little sore for a couple of days, but that's about it. I hope all goes well for you, kat.

+ Reply to Thread