+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Best Wishes Butterfly. It's perfectly normal to whine and complain, but truly, it sounds like you are managing quite well.

3 weeks will be over in no time, keep us posted.

Whine away, Butterfly! I think you've earned the right. But try to keep positive. After the length of time you've been in the cast, three weeks will fly by. Stop back and visit with us any time. There's always someone around! I hope all goes well with you.

Oh My Butterfly! You sound ssoooooooo uncomfortable. I can't imagine what a full body cast would feel like using any positive words. Try to concentrate on the fact that you need it to heal properly so that once it's off you can do all the things you want to do! After rehab, I would guess.

Sending healing soothing energy for you to heal faster than ever!

Have you thought of having someone paint the front of your bodycast? Not just autographs but an actual picture of something. you could keep the cast for later....and throw darts at it!!?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow, Butterfly--hope you are some place with cool weather or lots of AC. I can't imagine a body cast in summer in most of the US. So August 1 you can celebrate?

Thank you all so much, your kind words help more than you will ever know.
    PWS, I go on August 3rd to have the cast removed and have x-rays. If everything is healing like it's supposed to then the cast stays off and I go into a brace. The brace wont be too much fun but at least I can take it off to shower etc.
    I am in Calif. so it's pretty hot here. Thankfully it's not too bad here today, nice and breezy.
    MissKitty, a friend of mine is a tattoo artist and he painted a purple butterfly on the front of the cast. I love butterflies(and purple). One of my bathrooms is Lavender and has a butterfly theme. The towels, shower curtain and accesories are all butterflies.
    Thanks again to everybody. You all are great!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2468293;
    Thank you all so much, your kind words help more than you will ever know.
    PWS, I go on August 3rd to have the cast removed and have x-rays. If everything is healing like it's supposed to then the cast stays off and I go into a brace. The brace wont be too much fun but at least I can take it off to shower etc.
    I am in Calif. so it's pretty hot here. Thankfully it's not too bad here today, nice and breezy.
    MissKitty, a friend of mine is a tattoo artist and he painted a purple butterfly on the front of the cast. I love butterflies(and purple). One of my bathrooms is Lavender and has a butterfly theme. The towels, shower curtain and accesories are all butterflies.
    Thanks again to everybody. You all are great!
    Ah, right, I see under your description, Northern CA... well, that's definitely better cast weather than southern CA these days! Sending you imaginary backscratching thoughts til Aug 3!

That's what I can't wait for.....a good long back scratch. I love having my back scratched. The cast was changed a while back and the sweet nurse scratched my back for a good 10 minutes before the new one was put on. It felt so good I wanted to kiss her!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2468300;
    Ah, right, I see under your description, Northern CA... well, that's definitely better cast weather than southern CA these days! Sending you imaginary backscratching thoughts til Aug 3!
    Depends on where she is, PWS. Last week, we had several days over 100 and all the others were in the 90's. Unless you're on the coast, Norcal is generally hotter than SoCal. Today has been MUCH better though, in spite of the thunderstorm warnings!

Hang in there, Butterfly. Three weeks will be here in no time!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yes, it was well over 100 here last week. I'm in Concord, about an hour from San Francisco. Are you in Nor. Cal too Critical? The weather here today is great!

MRD

Butterfly, I don't think we've met, but wishing you all the best. Having a cast in summer is the worst. Hopefully it will be off soon and you will be on your way to recovery.

I see a new neurologist tomorrow and frankly I am very nervous about it. My last neuro visit was a disaster as the dr. had his head up his butt. My Primary doctor is being so good and won't let this go and has assured me this guy is not going to be like that. I'm really fortunate to have her as she has been a real advocate for me. I'm trying to finally get some kind of treatment plan going for the MS. I hope something happens tomorrow as I have been having a particularly bad flareup for a week now and have had a lot of problems and of course, I wake up today and the flareup seems to be over. Naturally, I see the dr. tomorrow, can't be showing visable signs of the symptoms, that would be too easy.
    Anyway, I'm just very anxious about all this as its all still so new and I've heard that some of the meds are not only astronomically expensive, but also have bad side effects. And if there is a side effect out there, then I am the one that gets it too. UGH.
    So, just rambling because I'm nervous and too anxious to go lay down and go to bed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread