+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

well, we are being fed well.
    He got a job (quickly) as a dishwasher at an expensive retirement community here. and has already moved into cook several days a week.
    and they cannot re-serve leftovers, so he brings home complete meals for us after work. Todays for lunch I am having beef stew (from prime rib) with mashed potatoes and bread. He is really tyring to show his gratefulness, and trying to be very open and friendly.

I think we made a good choice here - we have been bitten several times before by her choices and were hesitant.

and I am one of those mothers who cannot just throw out her kids. We own a double (we purchased when my MIL and us moved 23 years ago). we don't want to be landlords, and when she passed away 5 years ago, my son was starting college and he moved in (it is 3 bedrooms, but I have one for my home office where I work every day).
    so that has worked out. He is finishing his masters and heading off (can I say finally) at 25 to get his PhD up north. So he is moving out, and she is moving in - Until she finishes school and can get out on her own.

Have I hurt them by giving them an easy life so far? Maybe, but they are good kids. Neither one has gotten into drugs or any problems with the law - and both are in college. Did I want a 'professional student'? - not really, but they deserve a good start. And we can afford it now, so why not?

I'm still waiting for the day we can sell off this place for rentals and get myself a bright, sunny condo. but, for now, that isn't in the near future, and hubby has said to just hold off until we retire (about 10 years).

I think we will find a compromise somewhere inbetween

lei
    FORT Fogey

schmoo2, I'm really glad things are working out this time.

julianpyke: I hope that talking with your uncle provides you with the help you need!

schmoo2: I'm glad it all seems to have worked out!

----------

I just found out that my neighbors to the south of me, a brother and sister who have lived there almost 10 years, are moving to Kelowna B.C. The house will be put up for sale and they hope to be gone by the fall. We got along so very well.

Now I'm getting new neighbors on both sides! My kitties might not be safe or happy anymore. I have no idea who will move in: there could be hippies, and long-haired freaky people! With doberman pinchers! Or worse yet, Yard Monsters!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2466778;
    ....Now I'm getting new neighbors on both sides! My kitties might not be safe or happy anymore. I have no idea who will move in: there could be hippies, and long-haired freaky people! With doberman pinchers! Or worse yet, Yard Monsters!
    Aww, misskitty, I'm sorry you have that big unknown hanging over you. Not that hippies and freaks are all bad, but you do want pleasantness and most of all safety. I hope you get nice kitty-loving people, and no Yard Monsters! Chances are you'll have good luck but I know you'll feel much better when you know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2466788;
    Aww, misskitty, I'm sorry you have that big unknown hanging over you. Not that hippies and freaks are all bad, but you do want pleasantness and most of all safety. I hope you get nice kitty-loving people, and no Yard Monsters! Chances are you'll have good luck but I know you'll feel much better when you know for sure.
    Yes, it's the unknown and what the unknowns may do. The people on the north are expected to do some renovating inside (kitchen) and we may need to agree on a new fence of some kind if they have dogs or children as the current fence is 2ft high, cute, but basically ineffective for security or privacy.

On the south of me, it is a corner lot and a smaller home so there is a possibility that someone could buy, bulldoze and build a Monster house as in almost 3 story facing the avenue not the street and totally block out any sunshine I get. We may also need to discuss a new fence as the current one is sagging and bending due to huge tree growth and age.

So even if I get nice neighbors, it's probably going to cost me money. All the fences are on my property so we would have to have the lots surveyed and marked and then decide on a design and hopefully split the cost.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I hate to whine, but I am SSSSSOOOOOO sick of being in a body cast. I fell off of my roof and crushed a vertabrae in my lower spine. I had to have steel rods put in my spine and had A spinal fusion. I have been in A body cast since March 23rd. I lost so much weight that they had to cut the first cast off and put on A new one. During the time it was off I was able to take A shower. That was my only shower since April. I can take baths with very little water in the tub. And I can't even bend to shave my own legs.
    I am just so tired of it. It has been so hot here and being in a cast is absolute hell. I keep trying to be positive and remember that I am lucky to even be able to walk, but It's so hard to be positive any more.
    I am supposed to get the cast off in about 3 weeks if my x-rays look good.(cross you fingers for me please!) Then I go into a brace for an indefinite amount of time.
    I am also very sick of the pain medication. I will never understand how people get addicted to them. I hate them. They make me sick to my stomach and I can't sleep when I take them. The only thing that is helping my is that I have a temporary medical marijuana card (gotta love California!). That helps with my pain and helps with the nausea and sleeplessness associated with the pain meds and just kind of makes me not care as much!
    I'm sorry to whine so much when there are people out there who have problems worse than mine. I'm usually not a whiner, but sometimes you just have to let it out.
    Thanks for listening.
    One more whine.....I want to go back to work so bad. I really miss the animals at the Vet. I work for.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2467422;
    I hate to whine, but....
    Oh, Cousin Butterfly, I'm glad you found your way to this thread.

While it's very clear that you see the big picture and are grateful for all your blessings, it is perfectly healthy to whine and cry and scream and express the pain and frustration of your situation.

The kitties and I send you big hugs. I'm crossing my fingers and everything else in hopes that you'll be feeling better and with greater abilities very soon.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Well, have some cheese and some hugs.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

You guys are great! I registered here a year ago, posted a few times but never came back for some reason. I am so glad I came back. Not only is it a great place to kill a lot of time, but you are all so sweet and supportive (espicially you my cousin!!). Thank you.

About the heat and casts, I think I've already mentioned that I've had full casts on my left leg when I was 7 and 12. When I was 12, it was during the hottest months, and I remember asking to go home (it was Sept.) because I was so miserable (this was before a/c - yes, I'm old ). Therefore, I cannot imagine how tough it must be for you to be in a body cast. I think it's totally understandable that it's getting to you (frankly, it sounds like you've handled it quite well all this time). I will be keeping you in my prayers that in three weeks you'll be FREE! Once you're in the brace, you can remove it for long relaxing showers/soaks.

Please keep us posted on your progress, and we'll have a party for you when you get the damn thing off.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread