+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1960Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2456642;
    My husband and I have decided to separate. It's on a trial basis for now but I just don't know if our marriage can be saved. To make a long story short he's been having phone conversations with a single woman multiple times a day for up to 2 1/2 hours. Along with some stuff going on on myspace (evil!). I'm just so overwhelmed, and our kids are so young 7 and 20 months, my heart is breaking for them.
    karna, I am so sorry you are going through this horrible time. I hope that this turns out how you'd like it to.

If it turns into a divorce, please get yourself a good lawyer and make sure that you and your sweet babies are well taken care of.

Curses to your husband for straying (even if just emotionally) and curses to this young woman (if she's aware that she's messing with a married man).

YOU deserve to be treated with more care!

realitydiva, talk to your boss about it. She may have misunderstood your plans and may be delighted to keep you at whatever hours you have available! And if not, well, you'll know and can start looking for another position next month...

mrd, you know I'm always pulling for you!

(I haven't been in this thread for a while...and am catching up...please know that I will be wishing the best for our little FoRt family..)
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 07-01-2007 at 07:11 PM.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2457574;
    realitydiva, talk to your boss about it. She may have misunderstood your plans and may be delighted to keep you at whatever hours you have available! And if not, well, you'll know and can start looking for another position next month...
    I'm with Lois and Amy on this.

lei: Nice to see you in here! Good advice is always welcome!

myrosiedog: Those doggie meds sound like they might be worth a try! I hope you have a good night's sleep!

realitydiva: Yup. I'd have a little chit chat with her so she knows where you stand. I hope it all works out for the summer for you!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Karna, so sorry to hear the bad news, and I'm sure you'll do what's best though maybe not easiest.
    Realitydiva, if you say nothing it appears you will be out of a position anyway. I'd try to discuss it now, so if she's confused you can clarify the situation; if for whatever reason she wants to hire someone else anyway, but doesn't want the information to go out yet, it's best to know that ahead of time also.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I was just cleaning out and taking down the tent my daughter and her 3 friends camped out in 2 nights ago and found a malt beverage bottle and two different bottle caps. They're all 16. I'm devastated as my other 2 kids are drug and alcohol free and I thought the youngest was smart enough not to get involved. So now I have to find out who provided it, call all the parents. One girl made false accusations against my ex 5 years ago which cost him his job. She's a real shady character. I didn't know she was coming until her stuff was already here and I still debated throwing her out. Now I'm really sorry because I guess they could sue me if they wanted to (unless she provided it). I'm just sick to my stomach over it. My daughter is in for a major suprise as she's never had to be grounded before and she is quite the social butterfly this summer. I'd welcome any advice.
    Count your blessings!

I was hoping someone would have responded so I wouldn't have to double-post. I talked with her and she claims she didn't know anything about it - it must have fallen out of someone's bag. She's grounded for a week - no going out, no computer, no cell phone. Now my huge dilemna is whether to call the other parents. I know I should, but this one family could seriously ruin my life like they ruined my ex's. I made her open up her limited MySpace and the only thing I found was a survey she had responded to. One of the questions was "What do your friends tease you about?" and her response was "Being good". She's out for breakfast with her big sister right now who will hopefully give her advice she'll listen to.
    Count your blessings!

I wish I could have an answer for you, but this is like a rock & a hard place. Would calling the police be an option to get their opinion, or would this backfire and hurt you in the long run. In any event I absolutely would go with your first instinct and never let this girl near your home again, using any excuse.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Gutmutter, I'm sorry you're in this dilemma. My son finally admitted to me that he smokes on occasion but he's 21 so what can I do? He knows I don't like it but he's an adult now.

As for the friend who has caused trouble - I'm guessing your ex is your daughter's father. Does she know the trouble this girl has caused? I'm surprised she'd even invite her or be friendly with her if she knows. At any rate, like gabriel said, make it clear that that particular friend is not welcome in your home at any time.

I don't know about telling the parents. Maybe you could tell the parents of the other friends but steer clear of the troublemakers family. I hope you find out who provided it because you may have to ban all of them from coming over until someone talks.

Its a hard decision gut - but I think you have to include all the parents - otherwise the troublemakers would have something to really complain about.
    Make sure they are all given the same information. you FOUND this, you did not provide this. But you want them to be aware of it. You are handling it with your daughter, and they should followthru with their own children.

If you tell the others and not them, or don't say anything about it - you are leaving yourself open for their criticism that you are hiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2460051;
    I was hoping someone would have responded so I wouldn't have to double-post. I talked with her and she claims she didn't know anything about it - it must have fallen out of someone's bag. She's grounded for a week - no going out, no computer, no cell phone. Now my huge dilemna is whether to call the other parents. I know I should, but this one family could seriously ruin my life like they ruined my ex's. I made her open up her limited MySpace and the only thing I found was a survey she had responded to. One of the questions was "What do your friends tease you about?" and her response was "Being good". She's out for breakfast with her big sister right now who will hopefully give her advice she'll listen to.
    I'm almost 16, and this may not be the best advice from a parent's view, but I would just drop it if you really believe your daughter didn't do anything. I understand why you are concerned, my parents would be as well, and I agree about grounding your daughter for a week. But if you truly believe that she didn't do it, or didn't know about it, then I think that you shouldn't take any other action. You can't be the parent of another person's child. Even if you are 100% positive that someone else brought the object in question, you can't punish them. Of course you can say to your daugther 'No more hanging out with ____!' You don't want your life to be damaged or even ruined by that horrible family, so I would not talk to them at all. Steer clear of them!

Maybe you should just let your daugther take a break from hanging out with them, once her punishment is over. I've seen it happen to some great friends of mine - They hang out with the wrong crowd and it all goes downhill from there.

Good luck!

edit [Just thought of another way to handle it]; I just wanted to add that my sister's friend's parents [lots of 's!] found a used cigarette outside of their house after a sleepover. They called all of the parents, and it really backfired in their face, because all of the parents stopped letting their kids hang out with their child. There was alot of yelling and accusing, so if you don't want to go through all that, then let your daugther tell her friend's parents. You weren't at the camping trip, you had nothing to do with what went on, so I feel that she should take responsibility.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

+ Reply to Thread