+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Karna. I am so sorry and hope the separation let's you step back and decide what's best for all of you. In the meantime, you take care of yourself and your kids and do something fun for yourself. Are you getting any kind of counselling?
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Premium Member

I'm sorry you are going through this karna, and I hope things will work out however is best for you and the kids.

MRD: I hope your body manages to relax and you sleep for three days' straight! Zzzzzzzzz

Karna: Oh my! That is a terrible thing to have had happen. My heart goes out to you, especially with your two small children. I send you prayers for a quick and happy conclusion to your problem.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Karna, Take care of your self and your children, ::sends positive thoughts::
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

lei
    FORT Fogey

Hi all. I'm new to this thread. Actually though I've been registered for a while, I was hardly active at all till recently. And now that I'm feeling more a part of this dear community, and now that my troubles are much less than they were in recent years, I'd like to be here to support others, and undoubtedly myself at some point again too, because that's life.

I welcome PMs and can be especially understanding in matters of anxiety. I've also had my share of bad relationships, scary workplaces, and surgeries, if that helps anyone.

I've just read back a little bit so I'll jump in first for MRD because I've been hearing the more positive side elsewhere, and I'm sorry to hear that your healing is more difficult today. I wonder if there might be a better med for you. Painkillers are important post-surgery but there might be one with less adverse reactions. In any case, I send you hugs and and good thoughts that you'll feel much better tomorrow.

karna I don't think we've met but my heart totally goes out to you and your kids. I know you'll all be better off for this at some point but I'm sorry for your heartbreak and challenges meantime. My prayers are with you too.

MRD

It's been a strange day. I still can't sleep, but my pain level shot up due to massive swelling in my belly. I stayed in bed most of the day with ice packs and slept a bit and now, even though its 4 am and I can't sleep, at least my pain level has gone WAY down. I haven't had a pain pill in hours and am taking ibruprofen only. And once the swelling went down, so did the pain.
    We did call the dr. and he said that the 2nd day can be worse as the first one you still have anesthetic helping out. He wasn't too concerned about the swelling and suggested the ice.
    I think if I could get more than 2 hours sleep at a time, I'd be feeling MUCH better. But just having the pain reduced did wonders.
    Funny thing is, we sedated the dog to clip him and bathe him (he bites when we bathe him and hates baths and now we know clipping too).
    So the big lug was loopy on his medication and so was mom. He did manage to plant his large self in a medium sized dog bed. Something he's been trying to do for months and today he managed it. It's now flat as a pancake, but he's happy. Bogie is NOT. It was his bed.
    Maybe I should have taken the dog meds, because he slept all afternoon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Oh, I'm so sorry karna. I sure hope everything works out for the best.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Karna, I am so sorry to hear your news.

I need to know if I'm overreacting to something or not. I was hired as a nanny for a wonderful family with 2 kids, and the family seems to be pleased with my service. I found this family through a craigslist posting.

Anyways, my friend [who is also a nanny] inadvertently responded to her ad as well [Craigslist makes your email addy anonymous so you don't know who you are responding to]. She emailed her and asked if the position was filled, and the lady I nanny for said yes. However, my friend told me that she mentioned in the email that I am going to be back in school for the fall, and she won't be needing me once school starts. We have never discussed anything about terminating the position once I go back to school, so I was a bit confused. She then asked my friend to talk to her about starting once school started because I won't be available. She mentioned that she will be looking for someone in August.

I can still work after I get home from school at 3, but I guess she doesn't feel like that's a good time. I'm pretty upset that she would mention not needing me without talking to me about it first. What do you think I should do? Should I mention something when I see her tomorrow, or should I just drop it? I would hate to be told before I start school that she won't need me anymore, but then again, I wouldn't want to put her in a bad position.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Definitely talk to her about it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread