+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2453399;
    I seriously think that if I just had a shot of something that made me sleep until Fri., that everything would be ok.
    How 'bout tequila? Enough of that should knock you out till Friday!

No, seriously, maybe a single drink would calm your nerves enough that you wouldn't feel so on edge. I don't know how your body reacts to alcohol, but for me, one drink usually isn't enough to make me giddy/sloppy/drunk, but is enough to make me sleepy...

I am happy that your surgery is this week, so that you have a limited number of days left to deal with the pain and anxiety you are going through. I can imagine how hard that would be, and I can empathize with your frustration. You're holding up much better than I think I would. My thoughta and well-wishes are with you, MRD, and I hope you are able to find some peace for the next few days.

MRD - I hope your surgery goes well and your worries turn out to be for nothing. I'll keep you in my prayers and think of your especially around 10:30 on Friday. Please let us know how things went when you're feeling better.

MRD

Thanks. We are leaving in about 40 min. I am nervous, but have confidence it will be ok.
    I have taken off all nail polish, jewelry and used antibacterial soap (they gave me a laundry list of stuff I had to do this morning and it was like, annoying there was so much on it. I've never had them give me a long list before and it had things on it like: brush your teeth and wear deoderant. OK, I don't normally, but I will this morning! duh!)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm sorry to read of everyone's troubles. Life sure isn't easy is it?

MRD: You're in our thoughts today.

gabriel: love the photo of Joey in his carrier.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Today has not started out a good day. I am going to probably have to set my clock for every 4 hours tonight to take my meds. I couldn't sleep, didn't get to sleep until after 1 am. Then woke at 7 and couldn't get myself out of bed I was in so much pain. My wonderful daughter offered to sleep in our room on the floor last night and I'm glad she did as I had to wake her up so she could help me up.
    Hubby had to go to work EARLY this morning so was glad my daughter was there or I'd probably still be trying to get out of bed. I felt like a turtle that was flipped over on its back.

Now that the pill has kicked in, I am ok, but I can see why they said take it every 4 hours regardless for the first couple of days. Because once it has quit, its bad. My entire stomach is killing me. All those muscles.

Yesterday at the hospital both my husband and our minster kept saying how good I looked for just having had surgery.
    This morning I look like I could scare small children.

So now that the pill has started working, I am back to feeling god again, but I am going to have to take them on schedule I guess for a day or so.

We've got to figure out the sleeping thing as the pain meds make me hyper instead of sleepy and I know that sleep also helps healing and I definetly need to sleep some more.
    I'm going to try some chamomile tea later and see if that helps with the hyperness.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My husband and I have decided to separate. It's on a trial basis for now but I just don't know if our marriage can be saved. To make a long story short he's been having phone conversations with a single woman multiple times a day for up to 2 1/2 hours. Along with some stuff going on on myspace (evil!). I'm just so overwhelmed, and our kids are so young 7 and 20 months, my heart is breaking for them.

Oh, Karna. I wish there was something I could do to make it better. You are in my prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

adding my prayers for Karna. That is just awful to have to go through

Oh, Karna. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope he wakes up and realizes what he's doing before it's too late.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Karna, that must have been such a hard decision for you to take. You and your young children are in my thoughts.

+ Reply to Thread