+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253931435431043 ... LastLast
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

famita my thoughts are with you and your mom......
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

My first visit to the Talk about your troubles thread . . . I didn't really have any troubles until last week. Then I came down with a really bad sore throat. Almost simultaneously, my husband's mother went into the hospital, and two days later died from Streptococcal Toxic Shock Syndrome. She was 78. As soon as I found out that she had strep, I went to my own doctor and had a culture. She gave me antibiotics while we waited for the culture to grow out over the weekend, and yes, I have strep too. My husband is devastated by the sudden loss of his mother, and I've been doing everything I can to be supportive and help him in the past week. It has been so hard to do while sick myself. It's been one of those 'suck it up and do what has to be done' kind of weeks. Last night, he came down with a sore throat. I called the doctor this morning to see if we can get some antibiotics for him without him going in. I told the nurse the wake service is tonight, the funeral mass tomorrow, he's been in direct contact with plenty of strep so this seems kind of a no-brainer and it's a really bad time to have to schedule an appointment. Plus, he's going to be hugging 200 people tomorrow, so he needs 24 hours of antibiotics in him ASAP so he doesn't spread strep to his mother's elderly friends. We're waiting for a call back from the doctor now. This is just a really miserable time. I thought I had holiday stress before. Now we have this too. We're both just holding on, knowing that with time things will get better again, we'll come to terms with what happened, and all that, but it is hard now.
    Last edited by MalibuPam; 12-14-2004 at 12:43 PM.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Pam. My sincere sympathies.

Keep yourself well rested and take good care of yourself.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Wow Pam, I know this time of year is hard on many without added stresses. My thoughts are with you & your hubby during this time.

My sympathies to you and your husbands family during this loss of his mom. I hope you both get feeling better and get the needed rest and antibiotics in you both. We are here for you if you need to vent.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Pam, my sympathies are with you, your husband, and the family. I hope you are feeling better soon.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    You're in my thoughts and prayers Pam.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Pam, I echo the thoughts of our friends above. Please do what you need to get your strength back, and know that people are thinking of you.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

*hugs* to you Pam. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me.

to you and your family, Pam. Get to feeling better and know we are thinking of you.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

+ Reply to Thread