+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

If I were you I would call 911. This sounds like it could be symptoms of a heart attack, my uncle had these for a couple years, then a biggie last year they ended up doing an angioplasty
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2423678;
    If I were you I would call 911. This sounds like it could be symptoms of a heart attack, my uncle had these for a couple years, then a biggie last year they ended up doing an angioplasty
    I don't think I need to call 911! Do I? I mean, I don't think that is what it is and have a dr's appt - I'll try and get in today.

I'm only 36 and had a check up with complete bloodwork in April and my blood pressure was up when the nurse took it but the dr took it again and it was normal and has been since.

How old is your uncle or how old when this happened to him?

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I was 46 when I had my heart attack. The pain started right behind my sternum and radiated to my back. I did not had sweats, pain radiating down my arm, or shortness of breath. Just the pain. And then it got worse. I drove myself to the hospital (only a mile away) at 1:30 am and was air lifted to a heart hospital very shortly after. I was lucky. Don't fool around. If you have pain that can't be explained by a muscle you know you pulled, get thee to a doctor or hospital FAST!

PGM,

When you called the doctor's office to make the appointment, did you describe your symptoms?
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2424469;
    PGM,

When you called the doctor's office to make the appointment, did you describe your symptoms?
    Yes, and I even mentioned that some have said it could be a heart attack and she said she could get me in today at 3:50. I'm not feeling the pain today, just a little tired (stayed up late painting the trim in my front room). I'll keep everyone posted!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2424435;
    I don't think I need to call 911! Do I? I mean, I don't think that is what it is and have a dr's appt - I'll try and get in today.

I'm only 36 and had a check up with complete bloodwork in April and my blood pressure was up when the nurse took it but the dr took it again and it was normal and has been since.

How old is your uncle or how old when this happened to him?
    He's 60 now but he first noticed these symptoms 15 -20 years ago a few times and passed it off as not feeling well. In 2006 he felt it again and it did not go away after a couple of days and checked himself in to the hospital thats when they found that he had blockages and the previous pains etc., were most likely "small" attacks. He described the pains to me exactly as you did in your post - annoying and bothersome with the somewhat shortness of breath.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My Doctor did an EKG today and he said it came out beautifully so it was not my heart. I am set up for an abdominal ultrasound on Friday morning and had blood work done to look for a type of infection or inflammation of the pancreas, liver, and spleen - I think. He thinks it may be a gall stone left over in the bile duct from before my gall bladder removal. But without the ultrasound, he's won't know anything else right now. The pain still comes and goes....I think I felt worse this afternoon because I was worrying about what it could possibly be. Thanks for all the info and possibilities. I appreciate it and will keep ya'll posted.

Great to hear it wasn't your heart, PGM35.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Even though you don't know yet PGM, sounds like good news so far. Good thoughts going your way, and hope the tests turn out well for you.

karna: Oh, that's just so awful. Is it ok if I call him a jerk?

pgm35: OMGosh! Girlie, I'm so glad you got yourself over to a doctor and got those tests done and found out that your heart's ok! The ultrasound will show anything unusual. That's what finally determined my appendicitis. And yes, it is on your right side so it shouldn't be that. Thanks for keeping us posted and do take care, regardless. Sending healing green energy your way!

Every now and then I get a stabbing pain more or less where you indicated but I'm too scared to check it out. I absolutely have to freeze and not move until it goes away and then I think I'm fine. My doctor made me wear a heart holter monitor for a day and it turned out my heart is ok. I'm very interested in what your pain could be from.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread