+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152921425421042 ... LastLast
Like Tree1669Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Sorry to hear that Eva. But you are right, could've been worse.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Eva, Eva, Eva . You're right -- I'm so glad you weren't on the highway when it happened. Someone's looking after you.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.

Thanks for the reminder, Doc. I'll admit I've been a bit lax in that department.

btw: how are you feeling? Any better?

Oh, and Tallulah: I'm on my way. I don't eat much and I'll sleep on the sofa. Or the floor if I have to. Hey - since you're on bed-rest, we can get you a little bell and have me at your beck and call! Sounds like a win-win! Hope you are feeling better, doll.

Thanks for asking JD. I'm feeling better. I'm still a little sick to my stomach and my intestines are feeling 100% normal. I went and bought the pills I have to take for the prep the day before the test. 32 in all. :o( I have to take 4 every 15 mins with some sort of clear liquid. Twice I have to drink ginger ale. Any ideas on how to make that taster better? Thank God my doc doesn't have you drink the gallon of Go Lightly. Geeze, what a name. I've heard its horrible. I had my choice of spending $45 on pills or drinking several bottle of magnesium citrate and pills. I opted for the pills only.

EvaLaRue, I am so thankful no one was injured. Sorry you are having to shell out that kind of money so close to Christmas. I'm hoping it's less than you expected.

I got a call at 4:15 this morning that the alarm was going off at my office. Fortunately I only live 10 blocks away. It appears that the wind rattled a door and broke the contact. Today ought to be interesting b/c I couldn't get back to sleep. I went to a formal dinner party last night. Good thing I only had 1 glass of champagne. :o)

Have a great Monday everyone.

toothdoc

My heart goes out to all of you with health problems. I hope, toothdoc, that the tests are worse than the disease. I remember drinking this citric crap that tasted really really bad (see how descriptive I can be? I'm writing for the PG13 level) and then my tests came out great. Eva, that's horrible about your tire! Especially around the holidays! Just thankful that you weren't on the highway and going really, really fast. JLuvs, my thoughts are with you, your friend, and family. JD, my thoughts are with you even though I don't know Bruce.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by famita
    JD, my thoughts are with you even though I don't know Bruce.

Trust me, you're better off.

(He's my recent ex - who has decided after his dozen affairs and an annulment - yes, in that order - that I am the one he should be with. Wow, I'm so flattered. He's actually more of a joke than anything else.)

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    Thank God my doc doesn't have you drink the gallon of Go Lightly. Geeze, what a name. I've heard its horrible.
    Go Lightly? That is a lie, I tell you. Take it from someone who has used it....there ain't nothing light about it.

I got put on night shift for the next 3 weeks, the people I work with now are idiots. They slack off like no other and are just completly stupid. Its only 7 more days and 6 hours I have to work with them, but I really hope it goes by fast. Because I honestly cannot stand being around them. Now I am going to bed, because I need to sleep and wake up for another great day of being the only one doing something productive

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I got put on night shift for the next 3 weeks, the people I work with now are idiots. They slack off like no other and are just completly stupid. Its only 7 more days and 6 hours I have to work with them, but I really hope it goes by fast. Because I honestly cannot stand being around them. Now I am going to bed, because I need to sleep and wake up for another great day of being the only one doing something productive
    Keep the countdown going. On a happy note, thankfully you guys don't change shifts together. You could be stuck with them on every shift. Hope that makes you feel a little better.

toothdoc

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Go Lightly? That is a lie, I tell you. Take it from someone who has used it....there ain't nothing light about it.
    I have to agree 100% ....I had to drink it when I was in the hospital in October.....about 4 gallons worth and I had to drink every drop and it was the yuckiest stuff..........I even put it over ice......... :phhht

to all ...have a better day today.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Funny that we were talking yesterday about the very thing my mom called me last night to tell me about. She had a colonoscopy (please excuse the spelling) and an upper GI this am. I haven't heard how she's doing now, but hopefully the results will be ok. They're looking for polyps and ulcers and we're hoping that's all they find.

+ Reply to Thread