+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2403916;
    Ugggh--sorry to keep dragging this depressing thread back up. But I have to this time. I had just finished talking to my Dad last night, and he called back ten minutes later--I was expecting that he just forgot something, but no, he wanted to tell me my sister's house had burned all the way to the ground. Thank God it was midday when it happpened, so no one was home--they were cat-sitting for my brothers kitty though, and he obviously didn't make it. . Anyway, they have absolutely nothing left, at all. I went over last evening with a couple of coolers and a box of trash bags, and there was not anything left to salvage-- just a couple of cast iron antique things, and one desk drawer with a few things in it. They have 2 teenage boys, and also tthe oldest daughter, with 2 year old had moved back in. I just hate this--they had had a hard time financially a while back, and had to go into rental housing, and just moved into this place before Christmas. It was a 100 year old farmhouse, and wasn't very big or anything, but they had already renovated the kitchen and were making good progress on the rest of it, doing it themselves. The firemen said that it appeared the fire started with an aquarium pump, and that you would not believe how often that happens. Fish owners beware.
    I'm just sitting this morning, already talked to Sis and told her to get up a list of stuff to do before everyone else starts milling around creating confusion. (Unfortunately, out of the 6 kids between 'em, only one will be any use at all.)
    I especially want to hurry up and find something to do with the 2 Boxers, including Raisin (my step-dog AV) who are now at Animal Control. I can't take them in my house due to my cat, but I will find somewhere better than AC, today
    Unfortunately I had just given my sister some decent clothes that didn't fit me right, but I'm hoping to dig up a few more at least tshirts and stuff for her.
    I guess or hope they will call me as soon as they get all their medications and so forth replaced- don't need to miss the blood pressure pills in this situation especially! There's not really much I can do in this situation, except be there, so I want to hurry up and do it, as soon as I find out I won't be in the way.

I have told them they can come here if need be, but my house is tee-tiny, and I'll have to get on it and clean out my junk room if they want to stay--a good time to do that anyway. I think they may prefer to rent a motor home and put it on the property, though as the kids have one more week of school, plus to supervise any cleanup, insurance, or whatever people my have to do work over there.

I know I can always get support here, and really appreciate it; I glad I've got somewhere to come admit "I feel helpless here". That's very hard for me in real life. Thanks for hearing.
    Oh queenb, I am so sorry your sister and her family are going through this. I hope the Red Cross is helping out. If you want to pm me your sis's sizes, maybe I have some clothes she can have.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

So the other day was my birthday and the day was going pretty good. Hubby brought me flowers at work and we went to dinner. Then after dinner we go to Costco and he springs on me that we have to have "a talk". So we get home and he picks this huge fight and basically ruins my birthday! He didn't even get me a card or a present, just the flowers

Oh, Karna, I'm so sorry that he did that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

That's a bummer, karna. It does seem that whatever it was could have at least waited until after your birthday was over.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

karna, I'm so sorry.

I believe that some guys are clueless about how women associate with special days or events. My neighbor told his wife on Father's Day that he was leaving her. She kept it from their girls for a few days so that they wouldn't grow up knowing that their FATHER walked out on FATHER'S Day.
    Last edited by veejer; 05-27-2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Removed generality

Thanks everybody. Ugh, veejer! That is just horrible!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Don't ignore it though. Keep in mind that he was aware of what he was doing and did it deliberately. Be well.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2421058;
    Don't ignore it though. Keep in mind that he was aware of what he was doing and did it deliberately. Be well.
    Right...it didn't just "happen"--he even said you needed to have a talk, which I assume related to what the fight was about. So I'd guess there are some serious problems there, not just cluelessness. His timing could have been better, but maybe he thought the "talk" would go better if you'd been mellowed out by the flowers and dinner, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2420727;
    So the other day was my birthday and the day was going pretty good. Hubby brought me flowers at work and we went to dinner. Then after dinner we go to Costco and he springs on me that we have to have "a talk". So we get home and he picks this huge fight and basically ruins my birthday! He didn't even get me a card or a present, just the flowers
    Reminds me of my EX-HUSBAND - one specific Valentine's Day I remember, we had the wee ones tucked in and I was taking a lovely scented hot bath for his benefit and he came in to brush his teeth. He filled a huge plastic cup with cold water and threw it on me as a "joke". Another VD he got he a stick pin designed as a huge spider. One anniversary he got me a 3 foot cactus. He would never instigate a "talk" though. Avoided confrontation like the plague. Oh yeah, we lived 20 min. from anywhere and every time he borrowed my car he brought it back on empty. Sometimes actions speak louder than words
    Count your blessings!

My trouble is probably treatable and I do have a doctor's appt on Thurs (due to being busy today and the office has their own xray tech, except on Wed so I didn't want to schedule something Wed and have them send me somewhere else to get xrayed or whatever.

Anyway, if someone has experienced this before and can tell me what it is and what to do if anything to ease the pain, I'd be grateful.

I've been having a nagging pain on my left side, under my breast (only way I can describe where ) and behind my ribcage from what i can tell. It sort of comes and goes and now it's staying around longer and starting to have some stinging/slight stabbing to it. It's not an "Oh my gosh, I can't function" kind of pain but more of a "man, this is bothersome and annoying" kind of pain. It sort of goes through from front to back and today caused a little out of breath feelings for me.

I've had my gall bladder out since Sept 2005 so it's not that. Also, I've heard that appendicitis is an abdominal/stomach pain and isn't your appendix on the right side?

No trauma to my side for any reasons, been to the gym but no strain that I know of. Any ideas? I'll be going to the dr on Thurs. Sorry if this is not a true "trouble" but in the short time I've been typing, it hasn't felt as bad. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread