+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Talk about your troubles

Add me to the list of PMing me with sizes for everyone too....I would be more than happy to help.....

I have a turtle tank that has an aquarium pump with it....sheesh...I never thought about that catching fire!

We are all here for you queenb....we love you and we'll do whatever we can to help!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Queenb
    My husband just went through his jeans and got rid of all his size 36. I still have them. There are several pair. They are well worn, but clean. These are size 36 waist and 30 length (he has short legs), they could be cut off for shorts I guess.

I also have some clothes of my daughters, mostly in size 16 and 18. I can pull out what she's bagged and pm you with what I have. I had forgotten about those clothes (out of sight, out of mind, until I fall over the box)

Again, I am only 2 hours away and can drive down if needed to help out.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

queenb, I'm so sorry about your sister's house and your brother's kitty . I'm glad you'll be able to get the dogs from the pound and help them find a place to stay. Maybe someone will be willing to foster them until your sister can get another place. I wish I had some items to donate. I've been sending stuff to the Goodwill as fast as I no longer have a use for it because I was becoming too much of a packrat. It's heartwarming how many people are willing to help out people they don't even know. That's why the fort is the best place on the net . I'll keep them in my prayers during this difficult time.

queenb - I have a teenaged son - 6'6" who has a LOT of extra shirts especially. I don't know what size your sister is, but pm me and if my daughters or I are a match, I'd be happy to send clothes. We tend to have waaaaay too many anyway. Seriously let me know. How devastating. I'll be thinking of you all.
    Count your blessings!

Queenb, your sister and her family are in my prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Queen, the Moon must be colliding with Jupiter in your astrological chart or something. Hope there is some good Karma coming your way soon.

QueenB, my toughts are with your sister and her family. How awful for this to happen just as they are getting back on their feet.

Thanks so much, everyone. We are astounded by the amount of help that is being offered! I'd like to ask everyone here that's offered to send stuff to go ahead and box it up to give to a church or charity in your area. There have already been several churches and many individuals that my family don't even know donating so much stuff that they can't take anymore to go through right now. The kindness of everyone in these situations is amazing.
    Everyone seems to be holding out well; we will get the dogs tomorrow, S and D repaired the dog pen today. The dog houses and bowls survived, and the pups can go back to whatever house they get soon. Since I'm on leave from work I can go spend puppy time most days i'm not doctor-ing. Also they have not-for eating chickens that they have to go over there to feed anyway.
    There are several rental houses in the immediate area, and we're hoping one will be suitable to get the family into one quickly so they can be right-there to oversee rebuilding. There has been one person that has offered a camper they can use on the property till the end of next week when school closes; waiting to see if that pans out.

Again, thanks so much for all the support here--that's why this is the best place on the web. It really helps with the stress level!
    I will pass on all the support, prayers, and offers of clothes etc., and will try to talk sis into letting me know if they do need it; I really think most things are taken care of for right now. I've also taken the suggestion here to get her contacts for the Red Cross, and am going to let them use my computer, kitchen, and whatever else to make this easier, so I think it's going as well as expected. I'm actually kind of glad I'm home at this time to be able to support my family, I don't think I'd be able to work now.
    Also my brother appreciates the concern about the kitty . I'm going to try to get him to come up and let me get him another shelter pet soon, I have extra carrier and stuff that he can get as well. I really hate that he's missing his best bud.

Again, sorry to ramble, but the support is worth more than you can know at this time. I love you folks.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb, sorry for your family's loss.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

queenb: I'm so very sorry to hear about your family's tragedy. You are in my thoughts and prayers. It's nice to hear that there has been so much support in your community. I hope that as time passes, your sister and her family will be able to settle and manage to continue on with their lives in some kind of a normal manner. God bless everyone for their kindness.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread