+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Karna and ShrinkingViolet. Unfortunately, it happens very often. Some restaurants have started bringing the credit card machine to the client's table, which makes it impossible for someone to get the numbers without being seen. I wish they all did that.

I have this oval-shaped discoloration on one of my calves that's about an inch and a half in diameter. I have no idea how long it's been there. Maybe a year. I vaguely remember thinking it was a bruise some time ago. Then every time I noticed it after that I thought I must've been resting my calf on my knee and it left a mark. Finally this weekend I realized it was not a bruise or a temporary mark. I have no idea what it is. My husband says it's probably an age spot. But I think I'm awfully young to have one of those, and I'm also never out in the sun (my legs are blindingly white) and it doesn't look like any of the age spots I've seen online. I can't find anything that looks like it. It's almost a perfect oval, no jagged edges, and it's a very light brownish yellow, like an old bruise. If I had a tan I would never have noticed it. Now I'm paranoid and I think it feels different than the skin around it. I made an appointment for next week with the dermatologist. It's probably nothing but I'll drive myself crazy with thoughts of skin cancer and having to amputate my leg.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

karna and shrinking violet: That's too bad. One always has to be very careful. Theives are getting very smart when it comes to identification theft of any kind.

burntbrat: I'm glad you made an appointment to check out the discoloration . Try not to be too excited until you find out what it really is. It could be something that is taken care of easily. Sending you good healing fairies!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Several years ago our card was used although it never left either of our possession. There was a charge for a hotel in FL (we live in GA) and if my husband wasn't at work that day it could have caused quite a big fight with me thinking he snuck off to some love nest with another woman! After all, the credit card statement doesn't lie, right?! Then other charges for drug stores starting popping up in different states and some long distance fees but we got them all credited back and had to get a new credit card number. What amazes me is how easy it is to charge things just by giving the number.

Another time, a server decided to add a tip to our dinner after the fact. We had left cash for the tip and when we got the bank statement I noticed the amount was higher. I disputed it and we got the difference back. I can't figure out why people think it's okay to do things like that. Even if for some reason she didn't see the money on the table (say for ex. the busboy took it or some other server) and she thinks we stiffed her, still didn't give her the right. From then on we started lining through the tip amount line (if we give cash for the tip) and carrying the total down to the charge line and writing it on our copy too (if it's not a carbon copy).

MRD

This isn't one of my troubles. Well maybe it is as its troubling me.

A friend told me this morning that her stepbrother was seriously injured yesterday in Iraq. A bomb. He lost a leg. I don't know him and certainly am I troubled everytime I hear of injuries and casualties in Iraq, but this one just seems to really be getting to me. Maybe because I know her.

I really dislike this senseless war and wish our soldiers were home. Now another of our young men is wounded for life.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2365498;
    This isn't one of my troubles. Well maybe it is as its troubling me.

A friend told me this morning that her stepbrother was seriously injured yesterday in Iraq. A bomb. He lost a leg. I don't know him and certainly am I troubled everytime I hear of injuries and casualties in Iraq, but this one just seems to really be getting to me. Maybe because I know her.

I really dislike this senseless war and wish our soldiers were home. Now another of our young men is wounded for life.
    I am so sorry. I'll keep your friend and her brother in my prayers, rosie.

You know they are in my prayers, MRD.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I need ideas. I have a raging case of insomnia. I've tried cutting caffeine before bed, warm baths, dark room, no t.v. etc..etc..before bed. Nothing seems to work. I've also been treated for depression (a genetic thing) and even that doesn't help with my insomnia. I've suffered for about 6 years now. I never go to bed before 3, most times later, and I still have to get up with the little guy, so I should be tired enough to fall into bed at a decent hour at night, but that's not the case. I won't take sleeping pills because my hubby runs fire a couple of days a week and isn't here at night....I'm afraid if there was a fire, I wouldn't be able to wake up in time..One more note..in the early evening...I do exercise. I walk most of the time, but sometimes I weight train or do crunches...that kind of thing. So exercise hasn't helped with the sleeping, either. I'll be honest...the insomnia doesn't bother me. I just get up and catch up on whatever needs done. I clean, play on the forum, read...etc...usually things I didn't get around to with my son awake...lol However, the insomnia bugs the hell out of my husband. It irritates him to no end. I never go to bed when he does and when I do crawl in, it wakes him up. He doesn't understand because he has no problem sleeping.

Any ideas? Home remedies? Anything?

I would NOT exercise late in the day....do it earlier. Talk to your doctor, but I know that some recommend niacin (it is a B vitamin) to help with sleep.

Kat, I was going to mention the same thing as Canuck. I know it sometimes takes me a while to 'come down' after exercising. That's all I've got , so here are some sites I found.

Beat insomnia - practical ways to get a better night's sleep

How to beat insomnia

Learning to Sleep: Ways to Beat Insomnia

I hope there are some helpful hints you can use with success.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread