+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2352196;
    First off, congrats on the part. But I would be bummed too if they change it. I would heavily argue (maybe start a petition) that changing the character changes the play and that it would be better for it to be played the way its written. Perhaps site tolerance in your argument. I hope that they don't change it. Let us know what happens.
    Thank you! This was a last minute concern expressed by the director, so I don't know how much time I have to convince her it's perfect as is...It's out of my hands I suppose, but talking about it makes me feel so much better.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

A little update. My Dad, who can fix anything, took apart the garage door opener that wasn't working, cleaned it up, hooked it back up and now it works! So I can use either side now!

So many choices....what to do, what to do. LOL
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Wow! You're very fortunate, MissKitty, that you have someone who knows how to fix things. My husband has a very good GENERAL idea of how stuff works. Unfortunately, he's not very good with the details . . .

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan;2353210;
    Thank you! This was a last minute concern expressed by the director, so I don't know how much time I have to convince her it's perfect as is...It's out of my hands I suppose, but talking about it makes me feel so much better.
    Probably that whole uproar over The Vagina Monologues is making the director antsy...this kind of paranoia spreads like wildfire. Do let us know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2354643;
    Wow! You're very fortunate, MissKitty, that you have someone who knows how to fix things. My husband has a very good GENERAL idea of how stuff works. Unfortunately, he's not very good with the details . . .
    My Dad grew up poor and leanred you never throw anything out that could be used to fix something. And he learned how to do fix many things, as well as do some carpentry, minor electric and stuff. They never had money to pay someone to do it and he hates it if any one of his girls has to pay money to someone before he gets the chance to fix it first!!! He's the best Dad ever! He cooks, does laundry, washes windows, and babysits my kitts.

My sweetie brought up a 30 year old chime clock that didn't work and Dad fixed it within a half an hour! Now it sounds wonderful! Sweetie was impressed.

They don't make men like that anymore.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I got lucky and married a Mr. Fix It. He has rewired most of our house, fixed numerous plumbing problems, put in new counter tops in the kitchen, laid a ceramic tile floor, replaced cracked siding and now the bathroom is gutted and he had to rewire and replumb the entire thing. It would cost a fortune to fix everything that breaks around here if we had to hire someone else to do it.

Now...if I could just get him to learn to put his dirty clothes in the hamper...

[B]Katgib13[B]

If you stop picking up his dirty clothes, he will eventually wake up with nothing to wear to work and get the "big picture". We have a "Laundry Treaty". He puts dirty stuff in the laundry room or hamper. I wash/dry/fold and each of us puts our own stuff away. It took awhile for the training. but I am happy with the results!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

So I go online this morning to balance my checkbook like I do every day and in looking at the "on hold" transactions there is one for $189 and some change for some 1st Comfort place. It was under hubby's card so I call him to find out what it is and he has no idea. So I go online and find this company and they have no phone number anywhere on their site but their representatives "answer most emails immediately". So I send an urgent high priority email informing them of the situation. I'm thinking fraud but my husband had his card in his posession so what the heck? In the mean time I check my account again and another hold pops up for over $200 for Foot Locker! Classic theivery! So I immediately call my bank to report fraud and get hubby's card shut down and get the money back for what the losers purchased. I just feel so violated! We're thinking that while hubby was in Oregon on business a slimeball waiter at a restaurant he went to wrote down his card number. So, always be careful with your card numbers, theives don't always need the card!

Karna, we had a similar thing happen not too long ago. My husband's card never left his possession, either. We found out something was wrong when purchases were being denied on our debit card. No problem. We thought it was a machine just not working properly. After several days, we called our bank to see what was going on.

Come to find out, a hold had been put on our account because there was unusual card activity--attempted withdrawals of large amounts of cash via Western Union. The only reason we didn't get wiped out is they didn't have the security code number, but they kept attempting it. The cash withdrawals would have been over $5,000. It was a big hassle, and as well as being really mad, I felt violated, too. We're also pretty sure it came from use at a restaurant, as this was pretty much confirmed by the institution that put the hold on our card. They had quite a few people who had used the same restaurant and had similar suspicious activity on their cards. Some people.

It's just awful, I don't know where people get off doing things like that

+ Reply to Thread