+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1619Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Can you believe this thread was on the 4th page? That's great!

I've been having trouble with my remote garage door opener. So after I've pulled out of the garage, I have to get out, go back in, push the button on the wall, and then run like heck under the door as it is closing. And then kinda do the reverse when I return. I've been doing this for weeks.

Just realized today I have a two car garage. And the opener on the other side works. So I moved the car to that side and took that remote. No more problem. Sheesh. Maybe this should have gone in the stoopid thread?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2349635;

I've been having trouble with my remote garage door opener. So after I've pulled out of the garage, I have to get out, go back in, push the button on the wall, and then run like heck under the door as it is closing. And then kinda do the reverse when I return. I've been doing this for weeks.

Just realized today I have a two car garage. And the opener on the other side works. So I moved the car to that side and took that remote. No more problem. Sheesh. Maybe this should have gone in the stoopid thread?

I have blonde moments all the time. So glad I'm not alone! I am glad you figured out a way around the problem, though. Faulty garage doors are the worst!

Miss Kitty, use a step ladder and look at the motor (usually near the roof) and see if there is a re-set button. Sometimes that is all you need to do. Good luck!

I Is Stephanie

OK, now I have to talk. I just found out from a guy who knows the current EmCees of my school's open mic night, I did not get a position I've been trying out for every year since 7th grade.

The 2 people who DID get it were talking to the current EmCees like "You're really nice! You're my best friend! I feel overqualifyed to do this..." and then, the worst part is, I'm 99% sure that they only chsose the people who got it because they're friend with these 2 people, and these 2 people are popular, and I'm just Stephanie. I saw these 2 people's applications, and they were so lame, it was stuff like Why do you want to be Cafe Wednesday EmCee? I dunno. I do. They said that it was going to be strictly based on who was the most qualifyed, but seriously, I know it wasn't. If it was, they probably wouldn't have made the position.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Wow, 11sstephanie, I'm sorry to hear about that! You must be real bummed. I do tend to look on the bright side of things so I will suggest that you keep trying. It might not be this year, but it certainly could be next year. I know I'll be rooting for you!!

I Is Stephanie

I thought that at first, but the way it's worked, a position won't open up again until my senior year, and they don't take on people for one year. And my friends are being less then supportive, they're saying that I'm overreacting, even though they know that this meant a ton to me.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2349635;

No don't put it in the stupid thread. That's normal behavior.

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar

I'm in a play that I absoloutely love...I am portraying a gay character, and now there is discussion over changing the character to a heterosexual, for fear of being too controversial for a play that will be performed at a High School.

I'm a little bummed, because I love my storyline, and I think to change it would be a sin...It's perfection. And, this is 2007, and yes, homophobia exists, but it is not generally accepted in the area that I live, so I don't see a problem.

Regardless, the director is still very nervous...An actress had expressed concern over the story line, and now I'm pretty sure the character is going to be re-written.

My problems aren't 1/20th as horrible as most people's, but it's something that's bugging me....Wishing everyone the best
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

11sstephanie - I'm so sorry things didn't work out. It does sound like a popularity contest rather than an ability contest. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. If you didn't get this, it just means there's something even better waiting for you.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan;2350891;
    I'm in a play that I absoloutely love...I am portraying a gay character, and now there is discussion over changing the character to a heterosexual, for fear of being too controversial for a play that will be performed at a High School.

I'm a little bummed, because I love my storyline, and I think to change it would be a sin...It's perfection. And, this is 2007, and yes, homophobia exists, but it is not generally accepted in the area that I live, so I don't see a problem.

Regardless, the director is still very nervous...An actress had expressed concern over the story line, and now I'm pretty sure the character is going to be re-written.

My problems aren't 1/20th as horrible as most people's, but it's something that's bugging me....Wishing everyone the best
    First off, congrats on the part. But I would be bummed too if they change it. I would heavily argue (maybe start a petition) that changing the character changes the play and that it would be better for it to be played the way its written. Perhaps site tolerance in your argument. I hope that they don't change it. Let us know what happens.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread