+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1674Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

  1. #4101
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911
    myrosiedog, this obviously isn't a cure-all, but I would recommend that your husband try fish oil capsules. I take them to help with the symptoms of bursitis in my knees and they do make a difference. They've also caused the ganglion in my right flipping-the-bird finger joint shrink. My MIL also took and was helped by them for rheumatoid arthritis. If he does decide to give them a try, I've tried cod liver, salmon and halibut oil and found that the halibut oil was most effective.

    Again, they won't magically make everything all better, but they can help alleviate some of the discomfort.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  2. #4102
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    myrosiedog, I'm wishing good luck with all your husband has to deal with in the future. A couple of my parents' friends have had hip and knee replacements and are as good as new (well, as new as they were at their age). I don't know about elbow replacement ...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 03-14-2007 at 10:38 AM.

  3. #4103
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755
    Hang in there mrd....PM me if you need to talk....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  4. #4104
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704
    Arggh! I finally get onto internet lite speed and I have more problems than ever. My Fort is showing up grey, not paradise or even trump. Grey. I get huge letters, then little letters. My IP Config is ok, then it's lost. My toolbar will not show me the address of what site I am on. I have to reboot 6 times to get online. WTH? It's perfectly running and then freezes. Then, a mess. A new mess every single day. So not happy.
    I.want.a.Mac.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  5. #4105
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2284892;
    Arggh! I finally get onto internet lite speed and I have more problems than ever. My Fort is showing up grey, not paradise or even trump. Grey. I get huge letters, then little letters. My IP Config is ok, then it's lost. My toolbar will not show me the address of what site I am on. I have to reboot 6 times to get online. WTH? It's perfectly running and then freezes. Then, a mess. A new mess every single day. So not happy.
    I.want.a.Mac.

    Why don't you put this in the Computer Help Desk thread and maybe one of our resident GURUs can help you.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  6. #4106
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2285002;
    Why don't you put this in the Computer Help Desk thread and maybe one of our resident GURUs can help you.....
    Oh my goodness! What a good idea gabriel!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  7. #4107
    avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,821
    My mom is very, very, depressed. She's crying all the time, and having sessions of total rage. Being around her is NOT healthy.

    I'm thinking of moving out and crashing on a friend's couch...But, I know this sounds stupid, but I'm kind of freaked about leaving the comforts of my own house. It's a big change.

    I have no idea what to do. I'm so lost, and a little scared
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

  8. #4108
    I Is Stephanie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,037
    OhMiGawd, ANTM Mega Fan, that's horrible!

    I've gone through that exact same thing, my dad gets into these moods where, if I really wanted to, I could classify him as verbally abusive. I've actually started to pack, then decided not to, for various reasons. If you need to talk, PM me, I'm here.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

  9. #4109
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,402
    Mega is there not another adult around that she might listen to who would get her into therapy? She'd be happier and so would you....
    Hang in there steph--we know you are great even on the days he doesn't! And college gets closer every day. Just be sure to go residential!
    myrosiedog--I think he's wise to put the elbow off if he can without making things worse---these operations get better every year, and maybe there will be one soon that will allow him to lift more. Ten pounds means he can barely lift a newborn grandchild. Can't even carry in most groceries. But work on the other stuff, and really leap into the vocational rehab. Eventually anyone who works with his body will have this problem, he's just getting it sooner than usual, so on the bright side he's young enough to make a shift to a new field that uses his mind more of the time--maybe even in the same field but as the dispatcher or organizer or manager rather than the guy being dispatched. It's really been a tough year for you all--hope things look up soon.
    Last edited by PWS; 03-18-2007 at 05:08 PM.

  10. #4110
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2285532;
    Mega is there not another adult around that she might listen to who would get her into therapy? She'd be happier and so would you....
    Hang in there steph--we know you are great even on the days he doesn't! And college gets closer every day. Just be sure to go residential!
    myrosiedog--I think he's wise to put the elbow off if he can without making things worse---these operations get better every year, and maybe there will be one soon that will allow him to lift more. Ten pounds means he can barely lift a newborn grandchild. Can't even carry in most groceries. But work on the other stuff, and really leap into the vocational rehab. Eventually anyone who works with his body will have this problem, he's just getting it sooner than usual, so on the bright side he's young enough to make a shift to a new field that uses his mind more of the time--maybe even in the same field but as the dispatcher or organizer or manager rather than the guy being dispatched. It's really been a tough year for you all--hope things look up soon.

    Thanks. He wants to wait as long as possible just for the reasons you mentioned. A few years ago they weren't even able to replace elbows, so strides are being made everyday and maybe eventually the elbows will be as good as the other joints they can replace.

    Yeah, its been a tough year, but no one promised me that life would be a breeze. Make the best of it and believe it or not, the last year has brought us all closer. It's easy to get along and be a family when things are going good, but its the tough times that really test you and if you can get through those and be closer for it, then maybe they were worth it. Not that I want to keep having rough times! But there is some gratification to know that you made it through something hard. Gives you strength in all areas of your life I think. My parents never taught me self-reliance, they raised me to be very dependent and that was NOT a good thing. So I look at all my trials and tribulations as my journey towards self-confidence and independence.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.