+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051911415411041 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    ToothDoc, you are in my prayers! You sound like such a sweet, thoughtful person.

My troubles seem like nothing compared to everyone else.

Im in my 7th month of pregnancy and have been extremely sick for 6 of the 7 months. Ive been off work since 10 weeks of pregnancy. (Im a labor and delivery nurse, and I really dont feel like dealing with other pregnant women!) Well on tuesday I could nt stop throwing up (which I do every day) but it was really bad I could nt keep anything down not even water. THen I started contracting...alot...painful. Ive been contracting off and on since 51/2 months but nothing too serious.
    So off to the hospital I went (5th time ) to get hydrated and to see if I was dilated.
    Well the good news is Im not dilated , My doctor thinks Im just a contractor. So now Im on complete bedrest. I am not enjoying this pregnancy at all and it makes me so sad because its my first. Im miserable and throwing up and having nausea and migranes everyday. My doc is thinking of giving me a central line and TPN (nutrition thru the central line.) My hubby has been an absolute jewel the whole time. I dont know what I would do without this man.
    Sorry for being such a whiner. Thanks for letting me pour my guts out! (no pun intended!)
    Oh TB I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult pregnancy. I can't have children so I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. I can't wait till you have that beautiful baby in your arms and this is all behind you.

You are certainly not whining. It sounds like you are going through hell. Thank God we have this forum to "pour out our guts" and receive such wonderful support. I'm here for you also and will be praying for you and the baby. Have your husband give you a big hug from me.

toothdoc

Another Update

First, thanks to all of you for encouragement and you never know I might be pming some of you soon for a bit of support.

I got some more news from my friend that has breast cancer. She has had a few small heartattacks this week and is not expected to make it.

I am very bummed that I might be loosing one of my closest friends.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I'm thinking this might be a "what ticks me off" - but will slide into "troubles". Bruce is coming home for Christmas. Time to put tinfoil back up on the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    First, thanks to all of you for encouragement and you never know I might be pming some of you soon for a bit of support.

I got some more news from my friend that has breast cancer. She has had a few small heartattacks this week and is not expected to make it.

I am very bummed that I might be loosing one of my closest friends.
    That's horrible JLuvs. I'm so sorry. Having breast cancer is not the death sentence it used to be. This really upsets me. How old is your friend? Does she have a history of heart problems?

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend. Please PM me if you need me to listen. I'll be here for you.

toothdoc

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Jluvs, Im truly truly sorry. My prayers are with you.

JD..Bruce??? Poor baby you can spend Christmas with me.

Thanks Toothdoc for the sweet words...Im hanging in there!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'm sorry for all the troubles everyone is going through. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    That's horrible JLuvs. I'm so sorry. Having breast cancer is not the death sentence it used to be. This really upsets me. How old is your friend? Does she have a history of heart problems?

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend. Please PM me if you need me to listen. I'll be here for you.

toothdoc
    Yeah toothdoc, unfortunately she has been misdiagnosed for the last year or more. She is in her early fifties and one of the nicest people that I know. As far as I know there is no history of heart problems. I just wish her doctors had diagnosed her sooner....she had so many tests run this last year and yet this wasn't caught.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Yeah toothdoc, unfortunately she has been misdiagnosed for the last year or more. She is in her early fifties and one of the nicest people that I know. As far as I know there is no history of heart problems. I just wish her doctors had diagnosed her sooner....she had so many tests run this last year and yet this wasn't caught.
    Hearing that makes me sick to my stomach. Again, I am so sorry.

I was fussing at a friend the other day who is in her 50's and has never had a mammogram. Please ladies, go have your mammograms done. The discomfort, if any, is short lived as compared to the potential consequences.

toothdoc

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    Hearing that makes me sick to my stomach. Again, I am so sorry.

I was fussing at a friend the other day who is in her 50's and has never had a mammogram. Please ladies, go have your mammograms done. The discomfort, if any, is short lived as compared to the potential consequences.

toothdoc

Thanks for the reminder, Doc. I'll admit I've been a bit lax in that department.

btw: how are you feeling? Any better?

Oh, and Tallulah: I'm on my way. I don't eat much and I'll sleep on the sofa. Or the floor if I have to. Hey - since you're on bed-rest, we can get you a little bell and have me at your beck and call! Sounds like a win-win! Hope you are feeling better, doll.

*hugs Tallu* goodluck and keep me posted through pm's

Today I went to Toys 'R Us with my husband to get a few gifts for the kids and on the way out of the parking lot, out tire fell off the car. Thank God we weren't on the highway or something, could've been much worse. Took 2 hours for a tow truck and now it's going to cost from 500$-1000$ to fix which we don't really have. The timing was bad but atleast noone was hurt. That's what counts....

A few other little things went wrong today but I won't bore you people. Just not a good day overall.

+ Reply to Thread