+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1692Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

11stephanie, I'm sure you're going to balk at this idea, but would it be totally uncool if one (or both) of your parents went with you? I'd actually enjoy a Nickelback concert What about siblings, cousins, fun aunt, etc? I know it wouldn't be your first (or even second or third choice) but you might have fun anyway. Don't stress about your original friends not going. It's their loss. But be careful how you go about getting a "second line-up." Sometimes people get offended at being second choice.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I was thinking about the parents' thing, too.

And I don't think kids would mind being second or third choice if they got a free ticket out of it! When I was 14, there was no way I could afford to go to a big concert like that. I would just tell the kids, "I have an extra ticket to the Nickelback show. Melissa (or whoever) can't make it. Would you like to come with us?"

I Is Stephanie
    Nah, the parents HATE Nickelback so much, they actually only did that hoping that maybe I'd stop blasting my All the Right Reasons CD in the middle of the night. And I'm not actually calling it a second lineup, I'm referring to it as a 'very tough desicion.'

The boyfriend idea is great, but I screwed up the relationship a few weeks ago, I had this moment where I decided that maybe he was just pitying me, and I lost it. Besides, my parents didn't...um...exactly...know about him...? And he wasn't what you would call a Nickelback fan...I had this Chad Kroeger thing and he just wanted it to end, I was 'ignoring' him for some 'guy thats 20 years older,' and I was'wasting my time,' becuase if I was lucky, I 'might meet him once...' Yeah. I don't know. I think I'm going to invite a friend who is a huge Nickelback fan, and probably my "older brother" who was the one who introduced me to Nickelback 3 years ago.

But I'm going to stop whining about my trivial little issues, I know that there are bigger issues in the world right now.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2269056;
    Nah, the parents HATE Nickelback so much, they actually only did that hoping that maybe I'd stop blasting my All the Right Reasons CD in the middle of the night. And I'm not actually calling it a second lineup, I'm referring to it as a 'very tough desicion.'

The boyfriend idea is great, but I screwed up the relationship a few weeks ago, I had this moment where I decided that maybe he was just pitying me, and I lost it. Besides, my parents didn't...um...exactly...know about him...? And he wasn't what you would call a Nickelback fan...I had this Chad Kroeger thing and he just wanted it to end, I was 'ignoring' him for some 'guy thats 20 years older,' and I was'wasting my time,' becuase if I was lucky, I 'might meet him once...' Yeah. I don't know. I think I'm going to invite a friend who is a huge Nickelback fan, and probably my "older brother" who was the one who introduced me to Nickelback 3 years ago.

But I'm going to stop whining about my trivial little issues, I know that there are bigger issues in the world right now.
    Could you sell two of the four tickets? Then you are only worried about finding one friend to go with you who will have as much fun as you. That's easier on short notice. And if you were able to sell the tix, you and friend could go buy something new for the show!

I just can't believe there are teenager out there who would turn down a free ticket like that. Nickelback is a pretty popular group, so I'd think they'd all be lined up vying for the spot of Stephanie's Bestest Buddy.

You just try to enjoy it and not stress over all this drama. It was your gift and you deserve to have that awesome experience! Good luck and have fun!

I Is Stephanie
    I considered doing just that, actually, but I want to be able to choose which seat I get, if that doesn't make me sound like a spoiled rotten brat. I mean, my mom said that I'd get to keep all of the money from selling them, but it really won't be the same. I don't think any amount of money can make up for this once in a lifetime experience.

And believe me, there are lines. Our school has 360 people at it, and at least 75 of them have come up to me like "you know who my favorite bands are? Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, and Three Days Grace!" (BB and TDG are the supporting acts for this tour), but I am seriously so particular about my friends, I don't want to be seen as the girl who was friends with them. If they think they're better than anyone, I'm not their friend. If they have ever trash-talked someone who didn't do something to warrant them having it coming, they're not my friend. If they threw a tantrum in the middle of class because their father only brought the BMW into school, and not the Porche, because it was "making them look poor" when there were people who live in trailer homes sitting right there (true story) you can bet your life that they're not my friend. And if you see these seats, 2nd balcony, directly centered in front of the stage, I'm not giving these people the satisfaction of knowing that they get this experience. And sadly, most of the people who are lining up are exactly the types I stay away from. So I'm basically just asking all of my friends, eventually there's going to be someone who says yes.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

stephanie - It sounds to me like you really have your head on straight. I know something will turn up for you and you'll have an absolutely awesome time. Let us all know how it works out!

DesertRose: How awful. I hope your Dad is ok and sues his neighbor's a$$ off.

LoisLane: I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm glad he's still in hospital and hope they figure out what is wrong soon. Thoughts and prayers on the way dear one .

Echo:
    I'm sorry to hear your news as well.

SuperBrat: That sad news about your cousin. I hope that medicine finds a way to help her have a happy life.

oongaboonga: My advice is to leave that relationship. If your bf is doing something illegal, and making his living as it, you are guilty by association. My ex and his friends, were involved in marijuana (recreationally) but I asked him to choose between me and the wicked weed. He chose the weed. And he didn't hesitate. I left and haven't looked back. And I feel great about it not having to wonder about who this new friend is or who might stop by or what is he lying about now. Ask your boyfriend to choose. His answer will be your answer. I expect he won't put you first. You deserve much more and a better person to be with.

11Stephanie: Wow, I hope you enjoy your Nickleback concert! Maybe you could find one person to go with and sell the other two tickets. If it's sold-out you wouldn't have a problem. I hope you figure it out and Enjoy the SHOW!
    --------------
    I'm sorry I haven't been posting much. I am still rather sick and exhausted. I wish you all good news very soon!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I Is Stephanie
    Friend 3 officially bailed at 9:30 last night. Not becasue he was going to be th eonly one coming, but because I didn't want to invite his girlfriend, who I've made it pretty clear that I don't like. He got all defensive "What the hell did she ever do to you?!" and when I tried to explain that there was just something about her that I didn't totally get along with, he bailed. So it's 36 hours until the concert, too late to invite anybody, and I have no one to go with. I'm going to have the sell the tickets.

This concert meant a lot to me, and I had been looking forward to it since I found out that Nickelback would be playing here, and now, 1 day before the concert, I find out that my last friend is an immaute-self-absorbed horrible person. He spent the whole time I was begging him to come trying to turn it into himself "Well I want you to invite Lynea," even though I had already said some days earlier that she wan't coming because I didn't invite her.

So all I'm going to have to show for all of this is a few dollars I make from selling the tickets, and that's assuming that I can even sell them at this point. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, the tickets sold out 12 hours after going on sale, and all I'm going to have from it now is a few dollars that I don't even want.

I'm really sorry to be posting this waste of space here, but no one else gets it. I was hoping that you guys might.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2273652;
    Friend 3 officially bailed at 9:30 last night. Not becasue he was going to be th eonly one coming, but because I didn't want to invite his girlfriend, who I've made it pretty clear that I don't like. He got all defensive "What the hell did she ever do to you?!" and when I tried to explain that there was just something about her that I didn't totally get along with, he bailed. So it's 36 hours until the concert, too late to invite anybody, and I have no one to go with. I'm going to have the sell the tickets.

This concert meant a lot to me, and I had been looking forward to it since I found out that Nickelback would be playing here, and now, 1 day before the concert, I find out that my last friend is an immaute-self-absorbed horrible person. He spent the whole time I was begging him to come trying to turn it into himself "Well I want you to invite Lynea," even though I had already said some days earlier that she wan't coming because I didn't invite her.

So all I'm going to have to show for all of this is a few dollars I make from selling the tickets, and that's assuming that I can even sell them at this point. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, the tickets sold out 12 hours after going on sale, and all I'm going to have from it now is a few dollars that I don't even want.

I'm really sorry to be posting this waste of space here, but no one else gets it. I was hoping that you guys might.
    Stephanie,

I understand your disappoint very well. I know what its like to want something badly and not be able to get it. But it seems to me that in a way you did this to yourself. Wouldn't it have been better to go and invite your friends girlfriend, than to sell the tickets and not go?
    Life is not perfect and people are not perfect. Sometimes you have to accept compromises and go with the flow. Many times I have had to compromise on things and ended up actually enjoying myself despite wanting it the other way at first.

One of life's lessons is learning to graciously get along with friends of your friends. I have a very, very dear friend that I have known for over 30 years. My parents took him in when his kicked him out and he lived with them for over a year. He is like a brother to me and is my child's godfather. I don't care for his wife. I don't think she cares for me. They've been married now 14 years. If I want to see my good friend, I have to accept that I'm going to see his wife as well. She and I are cordial and polite and over the years we have even found a few things in common. We are never going to be best friends, but we can have a "working" relationship because I love my friend too much to ever tell him, you can come, but she can't. In order to continue to have a good close relationship with my friend, I have to compromis and include his wife and be polite to her. Or give up the friendship all together which I am not willing to do. She was his choice, not mine. She is important to him, which I respect and he is important to me, so I deal with it.

I have told my own daughter over the years when she has complained that she has a teacher or classmate that she doesn't like or that doesn't like her:
    that's life. You are going to have bosses, employees, co-workers that you don't like, but you have to figure out a way to get along with them because they are always going to be there. You don't have to be friends with them, but you do have to deal with people you don't like now and for the rest of your life.

I hope you get to go to the concert and don't stress so much over it. Invite your friend and tell him to invite his girlfriend. You might be surprised that if you give in a little, you and she may just have a good time. But asking your friends to choose you over someone else that is important in their life, they are probably not going to choose you. That's just a fact of life and you really shouldn't make these demands of them, as that is not being a good friend to them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I Is Stephanie
    Well, I did consider it, but she's 12, which also might be a little young for a Nickelback concert, if ya know what I mean. Eric will probably cave and come in the end, but I don't know if it will be the same. Something about

Eric: we have fights like this
    it shows how we are such good friends

I guess I should be happy, but just knowing that last night happened at all makes me uncomfortable. I'm going to stop complainng now.

+ Reply to Thread