+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1692Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2263985;
    I don't know what is happening with the world we live in. I just came back from my inlaws and I found out that my husband's uncle, who is pushing 70 was beaten up last night by the neighbouring family over a pile of snow. We had over 10 inches of snow yesterday. His son, who was visiting could not get out of the driveway because the neighbours (who by all accounts are not normal) pushed their snow onto his driveway. So he confronted them and asked them to take it off. Which they did. Once the son left, my husband's uncle went outside to put his car in the driveway. Apparently, the neighbour (who must be 70 also), his wife and his 2 sons went up to him and told him that they couldn't hurt him then (when his son was there), but now they could. So all four of them ganged up on him; the father with a shovel. I think the only thing that saved him is that this man worked in construction, so he is very strong. He was brought to the hospital and got off after a couple of hours, so the injuries must not be life threathning. The idiot-father was brought to jail. Not the other because they had no weapons, just their hands.

DesertRose, I'm sorry to hear about the uncle. I'm glad he wasn't injured worse, but come on....What was going through their minds??? He is an elderly man. WTF??? I don't understand this world. I hope your uncle presses charges on all of them

Lois your dad is in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on how he is doing
    Last edited by combatcutie; 03-05-2007 at 11:08 AM.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2263985;
    I don't know what is happening with the world we live in. I just came back from my inlaws and I found out that my husband's uncle, who is pushing 70 was beaten up last night by the neighbouring family over a pile of snow. We had over 10 inches of snow yesterday. His son, who was visiting could not get out of the driveway because the neighbours (who by all accounts are not normal) pushed their snow onto his driveway. So he confronted them and asked them to take it off. Which they did. Once the son left, my husband's uncle went outside to put his car in the driveway. Apparently, the neighbour (who must be 70 also), his wife and his 2 sons went up to him and told him that they couldn't hurt him then (when his son was there), but now they could. So all four of them ganged up on him; the father with a shovel. I think the only thing that saved him is that this man worked in construction, so he is very strong. He was brought to the hospital and got off after a couple of hours, so the injuries must not be life threathning. The idiot-father was brought to jail. Not the other because they had no weapons, just their hands.
    DesertRose, somehow I missed your post the first time around. That is just an awful thing to do. I don't know what is wrong with those people. I'm glad that your husband's uncle seems to be ok. He'll be in my thoughts.

FORT Regular
    I am seeing this guy and we want to move in together but he's involved in illegal activity and though I'm in love with him I'm not willing to risk sharing an address with him. I also don't want him to stop doing what he's doing, because there's nothing wrong with it and it's how he makes money. So, it's trouble with no end, kinda like the ladies who are dating a guy in a dangerous profession - they love him for the danger, but also want him to quit. *sigh*

Dangerous professions (like cops and firefighters and even coal miners) and illegal activities cannot and should not be compared.

Quote Originally Posted by oongaboonga;2267708;
    he's involved in illegal activity . . . there's nothing wrong with it and it's how he makes money.
    Well, nothing wrong with it except IT'S ILLEGAL!! There are circumstances under which YOUR property can be seized as a result of HIS activity if there is evidence to show that it was bought with "illegal" money.
    I also don't want him to stop doing what he's doing
    Keen on being tried as an accessory, are you?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I'm trying to think of an illegal activity where nothing is wrong with it or where someone else isn't hurt by the actions. Nope, can't think of anything. Identity theft, drug dealing, forged checks, all hurt someone. There's no such thing as a victimless crime. Someone, somehow is hurt by the illegal actions of someone else.

DesertRose, how awful about your husband's uncle. I'm glad he'll be okay. Since when are fists not weapons? Don't people go to jail for beating up other people? Maybe he can get a restraining order against the whole family. Who knows if they'll try to retaliate for the father/husband going to jail.

Lois, I missed the post about your dad. I hope he's doing better and you'll find out soon what happened.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by oongaboonga;2267708;
    I am seeing this guy and we want to move in together but he's involved in illegal activity and though I'm in love with him I'm not willing to risk sharing an address with him. I also don't want him to stop doing what he's doing, because there's nothing wrong with it and it's how he makes money. So, it's trouble with no end, kinda like the ladies who are dating a guy in a dangerous profession - they love him for the danger, but also want him to quit. *sigh*

If it is ILLEGAL, how can there be nothing wrong in what he is doing?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I Is Stephanie
    So I know that this sounds totally trivial and stupid compared to the rest of your problems, but I have to talk about it somewhere, the friends just aren't getting it.

For Christmas I got tickets to see my favoritest band ever, Nickelback, in concert. I got all of my friends lined up, and I was getting all excited, because the concert is on Sunday.

Then I get an Instant Message from friend #1 last night. She can't go, becuase she remembered that she has a date with her Boyfriend, who is now more improtant then a once-in-a-lifetime oppertunity and spending time with me, her only friend who has helped her thrrough her many breakups.

Then, my mom got a call from friend #2's mom. She broke curfew by a few hours, and has been told to forget that I ever invited her.

Now, wen I tell Friend #3, he's going o bail, becuase it's ALWAYS about him, even on my special day.

So now I have 3 days to find 3 friends who can go with me to the concert, who will all get along with each other. AS it is, it took me 2 months to get this first lineup in order, and now I have 72 hours to get a second one. This ws the only Christmas gift I got, and I know I should be grateful that I got these tickets, because they cost a ton of money and they sold out in 12 hours and think of all the people who wanted tickets but couldn't get them and yadda yadda yadda...

But 10 years from now, I don't think I'm going to remember how Daniel Adair is the world's most amazing drummer, how Savin' me is the only song I haven't gotten tired of after hearing it over 1,000 times, how Chad Kroeger is overall amazing, I'm going to remember how stressful this is, trying to find people. They were all my best friends coming, and now I might have to give the tickets to someone on the streets.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    oongaboonga, I don't really understand what your problem/trouble is. It already sounds like you don't want to move in with him 'cause you know what he's doing is wrong. And if you find his illegal activities to be fine, then you can just coast along until he gets caught and implicates you. There's no honor amongst thieves. I have no idea what his illegal activity is but if he's selling pot, which is illegal -- and you don't think it should be illegal -- the fact it is still is illegal. You can't change him but you can change your behavior. Good luck to you.

Thanks everyone for asking about my dad. He is still in the hospital and isn't doing well. Everything is incredibly stressful and I feel like I am getting an ulcer (I doubt I am--my stomach acids are just causing me some pain). I am sick right now so that's not making me feel any better.

ETA:
    11stephanie, about your concert...Can you invite your boyfriend and maybe a friend of his and another of your friends? Sure, they wouldn't have been your first choices but if they all like you and Nickelback, I'm sure you will have a nice time. Four concert tickets are expensive in this day and age...I sometimes think people are more courteous if they have to pay for their own tickets. My guess is if your best friend had shelled out her own money for the concert, she wouldn't bail out on you. If you really wanted to be mean and tick off your friend, you would invite her boyfriend instead of her! JUST KIDDING! Actually, since you have 3 extra tickets now, how about inviting her AND her boyfriend. They can have their date at the concert... That's if you still want to hang out with her...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 03-07-2007 at 11:43 AM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post

ETA:
    11stephanie, about your concert...Can you invite your boyfriend and maybe a friend of his and another of your friends? Sure, they wouldn't have been your first choices but if they all like you and Nickelback, I'm sure you will have a nice time. Four concert tickets are expensive in this day and age...I sometimes think people are more courteous if they have to pay for their own tickets. My guess is if your best friend had shelled out her own money for the concert, she wouldn't bail out on you. If you really wanted to be mean and tick off your friend, you would invite her boyfriend instead of her! JUST KIDDING! Actually, since you have 3 extra tickets now, how about inviting her AND her boyfriend. They can have their date at the concert... That's if you still want to hang out with her...

I agree Lois, if these people had to pay for the tickets themselves, they wouldn't be bailing on you. If you want to, I would tell them that if you don't find 3 other people to attend the concert with, they have to pay for the ticket. It is only fair to you and your parents who shelled out the money to do a nice thing for their daughter and her friends
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread