+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

No weapons, just their hands, eh? There's a defense .

I just said a prayer for your dad, Lois.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

misskitty, I'm sorry to hear about your sweetie's dad.
    Superbrat, I hope that your cousin will be able to have to surgery she needs. I can't believe the insurance company considers it cosmetic.
    echo, hoping for the best for your niece-in-law.

You are all in my thoughts.

I haven't been in here for a while, so I had a lot of catching up to do. I want all of you to know I'm also sending good thoughts your way, especially Superbrat, echo and Lois. You're all in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us informed how your loved ones are doing.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

You have my thoughts, Lois.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Lots of prayers for Papa Lois. {{{hugs}}}

Lois - I hope the doctors find whatever is wrong with your dad and are able to treat it quickly. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Oops. Sorry Lois, I missed your post when I was on earlier.

Your dad will be in my thoughts as well.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Everyone, thank you so much for your prayers and warm wishes. I have just returned from the hospital. They have done cat scans, xrays and MRIs. The first two showed no damage--I haven't gotten the results back from the MRI yet. He was in fairly good spirits today and recognized all the family members. Normally he insists on coming home right away but I think he knows he's pretty sick so he's not complaining about being hospitalized. He will most likely have to remain for a few more days--they won't release him until he can walk by himself again and he is nowhere near that point. The thing is, he was fine until Wed. and then he just collapsed. Scary stuff. Thank you all again. I can barely express how much it means to me.

I haven't been in here either. My thoughts, prayers and well wishes to all of you. .

DesertRose, what an awful story, but really I'm not shocked. We have a system here where the city picks up leaves in the fall ( on a schedule ) if you rake them by the curb. People have a tendency to rake and put them off the curb in the street too early before the scheduled pick-up day, and so the wind and rain blows them and the sanitation sewers get covered. I went out and uncovered a sewer and my neighbor came out angrily wielding a rake and raked the leaves back over the sewer and pushed some them in front of my house, because he said they were MY leaves. My leaves ? I am not a tree ! He was rather threatening, so I tried to keep a straight face and left. The guy also fertilizes his dandelions. I guess it takes all kinds.

Lois Hope your Dad is improving. If they have ruled out a stroke, that's good news, but it must be tough and frustrating to not know what it is because then how do you treat it ? Sending prayers your way.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread