+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2010Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

PGM35, hope you get over your illness.

misskitty, My heartfelt condolences to you, your sweetie and the family. I am here for you as you support your sweetie during this time.

May he rest in peace.

ETA: Thank you all for your wishes and prayers for my friend. Her procedure this week had to be cancelled. However it was a blessing in disguise for her. She has had a cruise planned for almost a year, tickets purchased, everything. It would probably a once-in-a-lifetime trip for her. Since she didn't have to have the procedure, the doctor cleared her to travel. She'll leave on Monday. She's rescheduled for when she gets back. She is under doctor's order to rest and relax.
    Last edited by anemone; 02-23-2007 at 12:49 AM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post

ETA: Thank you all for your wishes and prayers for my friend. Her procedure this week had to be cancelled. However it was a blessing in disguise for her. She has had a cruise planned for almost a year, tickets purchased, everything. It would probably a once-in-a-lifetime trip for her. Since she didn't have to have the procedure, the doctor cleared her to travel. She'll leave on Monday. She's rescheduled for when she gets back. She is under doctor's order to rest and relax.

Well, the cruise is exactly the right place to follow the doctor's orders. I hope she has a good time and gets through the surgery when she gets back. Please keep us posted
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Anemone, does your friend need someone to accompany her? I would like to be the first to volunteer! I hope she has fun!!

Just returned from a week at my mom's in Ohio (where I spent a great deal of time getting her computer back up and running). Sorry to hear about your sweetie's dad misskitty.
    Count your blessings!

I just saw your post, Misskitty. I'm sorry to hear your bad new

They will all be together for a family dinner to remember their Dad; particularly the happy and quirky things from their younger days.
    That's a great idea! At my brother's visitation, someone brought some pictures of his hippy days--hard to feel too sad when remembering the fun stuff.

I just made it back this evening from my brother's funeral. All in all, it was a pretty good send-off. As one wag put it, the church was crying-room only. I think half of the county showed up to say goodbye to their Pastor, and all praised his common touch and uncommon intellect. Very humbling. On a lighter note, nobody had ANY trouble picking me out as his brother--there had always been a remarkable similarity in our appearance, so much so that undated baby pictures can easily get mixed up, and once as an adult, I showed up unexpectedly at my Mom's house, and she thought that I was him.
    Last edited by Newfherder; 02-24-2007 at 01:22 AM.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I'm all for the memory boards at funerals. When my best friend passed we had so many memories of him to share by looking th the pictures and starting off with "You remember when we..." His daughter learned a whole lot about her dad that night and realized how many people's lives he had such a positive effect on.

Unk, I think I mentioned here last month that they had a video at my MIL's visitation. Well actually, that funeral home does them for everyone. They also had one at my FIL's visitation last year and my BIL's the year before that. I like the idea. We can play the video whenever we want to. My husband hasn't wanted to so far, but may eventually. It started with pictures when my MIL was a little girl and went all through her life.

Thank you all for your wishes. I have passed them on to my sweetie and he appreciates your thoughtfulness.

anemone: I'm glad your friend is able to go on her cruise. I'm sure she will enjoy it.

Newf: How wonderful for you to have so much support at your brother's funeral. It sounded lovely. My thoughts are with you as well.

Unk: Yes, photos are nice to have. Sweetie's family are gathering them to remember and so that all the grandkids can see them. One of the little guys wanted a photo of his Grandpa to bring to school to put in their prayer corner. He was given a black and white photo of his dashing Grandpa in his younger days. Poor lil' one didn't know why he was being shown a picture of some young stranger. He only knew his Grandpa as being grey-haired and in a wheelchair. God bless him.

Mudah: I never knew they showed videos at visitations. I guess if you have the time and photos or videos available, it would be a nice memorium.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I was just home for the first time since my dad died. I was in Africa at the time and couldn't make it to the funeral. My mom brought out a bag full of sympathy cards and I read them over coffee one morning while she was watching the news. I would ask who someone was and she'd give me the back-story. It was an amazing experience. I will be writing a lot more sympathy cards now, knowing what a treasure they are. The best ones have a small memory written up. One nurse who started out decades ago in his hospital said she remembered him teaching her how to make the perfect martini (with a drop of Scotch) and teaching her drinking songs. An old boyfriend of my sister remembered the time he had objected when my dad told him he had a bug up his a$$ so my dad rephrased it with specific Latin bug name and bodypart word. (Now you're getting the wrong impression about my dad, but he did have an ornery side).
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread