+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1689Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MissKitty, he went knowing his whole family cared enough to come and visit him in the hospital. He will be among the angels.

MissKitty - my thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this time.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2251202;
    I had those about 8 or 9 years ago, buglover. They would almost always happen at night when I couldn't sleep and were often around that time of the month. Actually, I still have them, but I don't freak out now that I know what they are and therefore they don't hit me as hard. I had several episodes in a row that caused me to rush to the ER in a panic. There would be nothing wrong with me when I got there and I felt like a fool. Then one night, there was an awesome doctor that told me that some people get dry bronchial passages either from dry air or allergies and it can cause that breathless feeling. Unfortunately, when I'd experience that sensation, it would send me into a full-blown anxiety attack, which would give me a slew of other symptoms (racing heart, numbing in the fingers, etc). So the doctor told me the best thing to do was to keep myself well-hydrated, even during the night. I keep a bottle of cold water by my bed and actually reach over and drink out of it several times a night and I sometimes use a humidifier. Those two things seem to help prevent the sensation (particularly drinking the cold water). The thing that helps the most, though, is that I know its nothing serious and I don't have an anxiety attack on top of the weird breathlessness. So, anyway. I don't know if you've got the same issue or not, but that's how it turned out for me.
    Thanks so much Star! That does help and sounds just like my situation.

My prayers are with all of you having troubles this week.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm sorry MissKitty! I know how you feel having recently lost Mike's dad (last Sept). I'll be thinking of you!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Misskitty, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. I am only a pm away if you need to talk
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Here with you, Misskitty.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    miskitty, I am so sorry for your loss. I am so glad that so many of his loved ones were with him during his final hours. Please take care of yourself and your sweetie, and know that our thoughts are with you.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. My sweetie sounded a bit better today; his brother should arrive on Sat from Africa with his SIL joining him from Toronto. They will all be together for a family dinner to remember their Dad; particularly the happy and quirky things from their younger days.

Again, thank you for your sympathies.

--------------------

Star and PGM35: I hope you are both on the mend soon from your terrible illnesses. Being sick just sucks.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty, my condolences to you and your sweetie at this hard time. May his Dad rest in peace and be with the angels.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Misskitty, you have my heartfelt condolences. I wish your family peace.

PGM, I'm sorry you're so sick. I can definitely relate. I hope you feel better soon.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread