+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Thanks Rattus. You are right about the deep breath. It is irritating, though not dangerous I'm sure. Crossing my fingers more people can shed some light on our situations.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Everyone with problems is in my prayers. Keep us posted on how things are going
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Star: I'm sorry you are so very sick. I hope you are getting some help and take the time you need to get your health back.

anemone: Your girlfriend is lucky to have you supporting her. I'm glad the doctors were able to diagnose what was wrong and hopefully, the right course of medical action will get her feeling better soon!

Toby: You've been given some good advice. I hope you begin to concentrate on happy things and not worry so much.
    -----------------

I met my sweeties Dad officially for the first time this week. It will probably be the last time I see him. He is failing and has had to be sent to the hospital. He needs oxygen, IV's and is refusing to eat. It has been a very difficult time for my sweetie and his family. Even in his Dad's poor condition, his Dad still has the strength to be mean to his children. It's very sad.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I hope everyone experiencing difficulties finds the help that they need. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2250332;
    Ok. I have a less intense issue, but an issue all the same. Last few months or so, I have been having anxiety type breathlessness (I know it isn't a health issue because I can in fact breath, just feel breathless) and it is usually right before my "time of the month". Has anyone else had similar issues? I also have a hard time sleeping a couple nights right around this time.

I had those about 8 or 9 years ago, buglover. They would almost always happen at night when I couldn't sleep and were often around that time of the month. Actually, I still have them, but I don't freak out now that I know what they are and therefore they don't hit me as hard. I had several episodes in a row that caused me to rush to the ER in a panic. There would be nothing wrong with me when I got there and I felt like a fool. Then one night, there was an awesome doctor that told me that some people get dry bronchial passages either from dry air or allergies and it can cause that breathless feeling. Unfortunately, when I'd experience that sensation, it would send me into a full-blown anxiety attack, which would give me a slew of other symptoms (racing heart, numbing in the fingers, etc). So the doctor told me the best thing to do was to keep myself well-hydrated, even during the night. I keep a bottle of cold water by my bed and actually reach over and drink out of it several times a night and I sometimes use a humidifier. Those two things seem to help prevent the sensation (particularly drinking the cold water). The thing that helps the most, though, is that I know its nothing serious and I don't have an anxiety attack on top of the weird breathlessness. So, anyway. I don't know if you've got the same issue or not, but that's how it turned out for me.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2244149;
    Newf, my condolences. I'm sending good wishes to you and to all the others here who are having a hard time.

My "trouble" right now is minor, but its making me miserable. I kept battling what i thought was a bad cold and finally gave in and went to the doctor this morning. They scolded me for not coming sooner, as I apparently have a sinus infection, an ear infection AND bronchitis. I feel like crap. I look like crap. I just want to sleep for a week. However, I have a kiddo to take care of and this is the busiest work month of the year for me. So I'm a little stressed about my "recovery" time.
    Star - you sound like me right now. I have been battling a bad cold for about 10 days now. I went to the dr at Day 4 b/c I wanted to get somethingn to get me over it! She sent me for a chest xray to rule out pneumonia b/c I had no fever and only "flu like" symptoms. She gave me antibiotics but said if the xray was clear, no need to take them since it was viral. Well, after a week, I have "flu like" symptoms worse than before. This time with over 100 temps for the last 2 days. I went back to the dr and this time tested me for strep - negative, again for flu - negative. I had tried to take the antibiotic starting the night before the dr visit but it made me nauseated and I threw up the first dosage. I am now on another antibiotic. My throat feels like it's strep - the fever feels like the flu - and I am coughing up a bunch of gunk. YUCK! Just wanted to commisurate and I hope you feel better than I do!

Just to let you know, my sweetie's Dad passed away tonight just before midnight. Everyone in the family was able to make it to the hospital before he died. My sweeties' oldest brother is flying back from Namibia to stay with him and help finalize things which is nice. His mom is going to stay with his sister for a few days as she is having a difficult time. His Dad leaves behind 6 sons, 1 daughter, 4 daughters inlaw, 1 son inlaw and 11 nieces and nephews.

His Dad appeared to have a seizure or stroke of some kind and was nonresponsive for several hours before he passed. There was nothing that could be done. So he is finally at peace.

I, and my sweetie, thank you for all your thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty - My thoughts and prayers are with you. May he rest in peace.

misskitty, I'm glad you were able to be there for a few days and lend your support.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

My condolences to you, your sweetie and the rest of the family, MissKitty.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread