+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950901405401040 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by mkwdood
    Sounds like a lot of problems TD - I'm actually hoping this is all just stress related for you - it can do a lot of weird things to our bodies.

Meanwhile you are in my prayers and I hope it all works out. Putting yourself out of business would do no good for anyone - including ALL your staff.
    Thanks mkwood. I hope you are right about the stress.

All prayers are appreciated.

toothdoc

So sorry to hear your troubles Toothdoc. You sound like a very generous person. You are in my prayers and I hope everything comes out good for you. Please keep us posted with your test results from your colonscopy. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    So sorry to hear your troubles Toothdoc. You sound like a very generous person. You are in my prayers and I hope everything comes out good for you. Please keep us posted with your test results from your colonscopy. God Bless
    Thanks CB, I appreciate your kind words and prayers. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't do something extra special for a patient. Like yesterday I had a lady bring her teenaged son in..to make a long story short I didn't charge her for the x-rays or the exam b/c I knew the insurance company wouldn't pay for them. He was just seen by someone else. I had every right to charge her and have her pay out of pocket, I just didn't have the heart to do so.

I truly believe that God put me where I am for a reason. Yes there have been very rough times and I've been through hell and back a number of times, but I know in the end everything will be fine. I'll send a message after the procedure on the 27th. At that time I'll at least know if I'm all clear or if he had to remove a polyp or a biopsy sample.

Thanks again.

toothdoc

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Really sorry to hear about your troubles toothdoc. You sound like a very nice, generous person. I know it was hard letting those employees go, but you had no choice. I'm glad you went to the doctor. If you ever need a person to talk to, I am only a pm away. Please keep us posted on your health and practice situation.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

*hugs* to you toothdoc and I wish you all the best. sometimes you have to do what's best for yourself no matter how hard it is. Goodluck and my prayers are with you.

Mr. Rose and I had our own business for about 15 years, and when people say they would love to be their own boss, because they could take time off whenever they want to, I have to chuckle. Being in business for yourself is never-ending hard work, and I remember all to well, lengths of time where everyone else got a paycheck, and we didn't....for reasons out of our control. I can empathize with you there, ToothDoc. Closing down our company, and therefore having to let our employees go, was a very difficult decision for us (we were like a family), but we honestly enjoyed having our business, and honestly enjoyed going to work for someone else afterward. *phew* Mr. Rose was diagnosed with cancer two years after we were married (20 years ago), and had to undergo numerous surgeries and a barrage of other tests, etc., so once again I can relate (in some small measure) to everything you're going through at this time. I hope you have lots of support surrounding you, and that you'll be able to get through the next few weeks without too many fears and worries. Additionally, I will be praying that the results of your colonoscopy will be good news. We care about you.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Oh, Toothdoc, what a thing to have to look forward to, especially right after Christmas. I hope all goes well.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Toothdoc, regarding your practice, at least you realized what you had to do before it was too late. I am sure your employees know that you had no choice. As difficult as this all may be, it's what you had to do.

Regarding your health, I will keep you in my thought. I hope all goes well with your procedure and please keep us posted. You know we are all here if you need any support. Please feel free to PM.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    ToothDoc, you are in my prayers! You sound like such a sweet, thoughtful person.

My troubles seem like nothing compared to everyone else.

Im in my 7th month of pregnancy and have been extremely sick for 6 of the 7 months. Ive been off work since 10 weeks of pregnancy. (Im a labor and delivery nurse, and I really dont feel like dealing with other pregnant women!) Well on tuesday I could nt stop throwing up (which I do every day) but it was really bad I could nt keep anything down not even water. THen I started contracting...alot...painful. Ive been contracting off and on since 51/2 months but nothing too serious.
    So off to the hospital I went (5th time ) to get hydrated and to see if I was dilated.
    Well the good news is Im not dilated , My doctor thinks Im just a contractor. So now Im on complete bedrest. I am not enjoying this pregnancy at all and it makes me so sad because its my first. Im miserable and throwing up and having nausea and migranes everyday. My doc is thinking of giving me a central line and TPN (nutrition thru the central line.) My hubby has been an absolute jewel the whole time. I dont know what I would do without this man.
    Sorry for being such a whiner. Thanks for letting me pour my guts out! (no pun intended!)
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Mr. Rose and I had our own business for about 15 years, and when people say they would love to be their own boss, because they could take time off whenever they want to, I have to chuckle. Being in business for yourself is never-ending hard work, and I remember all to well, lengths of time where everyone else got a paycheck, and we didn't....for reasons out of our control. I can empathize with you there, ToothDoc. Closing down our company, and therefore having to let our employees go, was a very difficult decision for us (we were like a family), but we honestly enjoyed having our business, and honestly enjoyed going to work for someone else afterward. *phew* Mr. Rose was diagnosed with cancer two years after we were married (20 years ago), and had to undergo numerous surgeries and a barrage of other tests, etc., so once again I can relate (in some small measure) to everything you're going through at this time. I hope you have lots of support surrounding you, and that you'll be able to get through the next few weeks without too many fears and worries. Additionally, I will be praying that the results of your colonoscopy will be good news. We care about you.

Thank you Rosekid and to everyone who has responded in this thread and through PM. All of you are such wonderful caring people. I can tell you that I couldn't ask for better support. I have friends who are more like family than family can be. My remaining staff are awesome. My hygienist offered to get up early to bring me to the clinic for the procedure. She has enough on her right now, but she wants to be there for me. Since I'm no longer bleeding my stress level about this has gone down tremendously. I'm sure I'll be nervous the morning of the procedure. That's what happy drugs are for. :o)

Sorry to hear about Mr. Rose. How is he doing now?

Thanks again everyone. All of you are the greatest?

toothdoc

+ Reply to Thread