+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 1222 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314541045041004 ... LastLast
Like Tree1562Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Aww Sleppy. Don't despair. Things will work themselves out-- they always do. And believe me, I know first hand what it's like to have problems with money management. Have faith that your sister and your mom will land on their feet again.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simalicious54
    Isince FPL restores power according to income.This is making me furious and I have no one to talk to about it.No one gives a damn about us here.FEMA and the Red Cross are not anywhere around here.
    Whaaaa? That is absurd. What, rich people deserve power more than those less fortunate? Give me a break :rolleyes

I feel your pain, Honey.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Simalicious54
    I wish I could stay strong.They don't think we wil have power until Christmas,since FPL restores power according to income.This is making me furious and I have no one to talk to about it.Non one gives a damn about us here.

We may not be able to help, or turn on the lights, but we are all here and all support you. If you need a little jump start or a tickle, come here. We care - we seriously do. Fort friends are the best, you'll always find one of us here. (usually me...)

My kid and her husband are stuck in DC and can't go home (Plantation/Miami) - she has no idea what condition her house is in - or if she even has one. She told me about the power being restored according to income excuse. I'll never understand that one. We do feel for you. I promise. That's what this thread is about.

JD

I feel so unbelievably lucky to not have any major problems in my life right now, and I just want to add my support to those posters above me. J.D. so eloquently worded her feelings above me, so just let me add , and may things change for the better for all you as soon as possible.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Sim, I wish I had some encouraging words, the best I can tell you right now is do hang in there, it most likely won't be as long as you think, and it WILL get better even though it might take some time. Atleast you do have your family that you're with now, and honestly at these insane times, friends and family are some of the most important things in the world.

I'm not sure what part of the state you're in, but I do know when I called to check up on mine earlier this afternoon, the latest they were saying for Seminole/East Orange/Volusia counties was Saturday. Everybody else had between now and then in Central Florida, well that's from Progress Energy atleast. FPL may be another story all together.

My best of luck to you! I can definitely relate as I've spent the past 4 days being one of the "withouts" myself (and that's after 4 during Charley as well). Hopefully all will be getting better for you soon!
    Last edited by libra1022; 09-08-2004 at 11:12 PM.

I have a really hard time believing the power company fixes power lines and outtages according to wealth...isn't that illegal?? Here in Kentucky we get outtages from downed lines almost every winter when frozen tree branches take the lines out, and it seems pretty even handed on how the city services goes about fixing the damages, even if they have to get assistance from neighboring states or counties. Maybe I'm just lucky?
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    to everyone who has problems. Hang in there.

Here's my problem. I'm in eighth grade, and I have to go to high school next year. I live in a biggish city, so there's a bunch of high schools. And the application process is starting pretty soon. I made the mistake of going to one of the high schools I'm applying to's website and I read about the curriculum, the electives, clubs, etc. and I'm getting really scared about graduating and going to high school. I don't know if I'll like it and if I'll get into a good school. I used to be glad that I was graduating and I wouldn't have to deal with some people there for the rest of my life, but now I'm scared.

SurvivorGirl, don't worry! I was apprehensive about going to high school too because I came in to a school with tons of people I didn't know. You'll make new friends in no time. Live it up, girl! High school was the best time of my life, and many others here too, I'm sure. It's your last chance to be a kid before you get into the real world. Cheer up, I'm sure you'll be fine!

FORT Fogey
    Oh Lotus... I'm so sorry about all your troubles. My heart goes out to you and your family.

And Survivor Girl, I'm in 10th grade this year, and I can tell you right now, high school really isn't that bad. Yes, there will be a few times when you feel like your friends are being really stupid, and I'm sure you'll feel uncomfortable every once in a You'll learn a lot of responsibility in high school. You'll make new friends, and really determine who you're going to be in life. People will put you in uncomfortable situations sometimes. Just do what you feel is right. You will make mistakes. You will make the wrong descions sometimes. It happens. Don't let it get you down.

As for the academic portion of HS, you have SO much more freedom. Teachers aren't constantly watching whatever you do, monitoring your progress. If you need help, don't expect the teacher to come find you. You have to take it upon yourself, because teachers in college won't care if you fail their tests. In highschool, you actually learn. I think high school is basically preparing yourself for real life. But hey, you bomb a test? It really doesn't make that much of a difference. Far too many people come in, are totally worried that if they get a B, they won't get into college. Thats NOT TRUE! Don't stress yourself out over a test or your homework! You know, theres some days when you just need some sleep or you're having a really bad day, so don't force yourself to do your homework. Everyone is allowed a couple bad days a year. High school will be so much more fun if you're rested and not stressed out.

Join some clubs, or some sports teams, or band. Meet new people in highschool. Find your passion and find others who share that passion. Okay, sorry about my rambling, I'm really tired cause I just had a game in the 96 degree weather.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    what do I say if she says, "Why did it have to be Grampy?" I dont know what to do!!!
    Pinkie, if she asks that question - she really doesn't want an answer. There is no answer to it...she would just be expressing her pain. So tell her that you don't know the answer...it's unfair...but you are there for her.

When someone is dealing with death of a loved one...sometimes it's better not to say much. Just listen. That helps.

To everyone else - I am so sorry for all of your troubles (even your flat tire, Clipse ) -- you all will be in my thoughts and prayers. This is a really hard thread to read but such a good idea. I know that when I lost my dog last month...FoRT was such a help!! Everyone on here is just great!
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread