+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1589Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Lois, I'm embarrassed to even post. I feel like I've spent more than my share of time in the "Troubles" thread. Since you asked, though, I had a drug interaction issue on Saturday night and had to go to the ER. Thankfully, my daughter wasn't with me that night, but it sucked to go by myself. They basically kept me there until I sobered up, told me not to take one of my medications anymore, and sent me home. The medicine I can't take was the only one making me feel any better, so I feel like total crap today. HOwever, I'm confident that the antibiotics will work their magic soon and I'll be back to normal in no time. Thanks for asking.

Anemone- I'm really sorry about your friend.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2247855;
    I had a drug interaction issue on Saturday night and had to go to the ER.
    Oh sweetie! That's awful! I hope your energy level is improving and that you are able to eat... A lot of times people take longer to get well 'cause they don't feel well enough to eat consistently.

I have major anxiety about death -- i have lost a lot of people i know and I am scared tat it is going to hit closer like my family. I worry about it a lot and it has become a problem. i think I am oging to talk to someone about it.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Toby, I think when someone has dealt with losses, they think about it an awful lot. And then they worry about themselves or their family. I think it's great that you'll talk it over with someone. I hope that'll help.

Toby definitely talk to someone about it. I used to worry so much I couldn't drive or leave my home for fear I would die in some way. I lost my mother 6 years ago and it was a huge issue for me with death. Hang in there and talk it out as much as necessary!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thanks I really appreciate it. It is really hard but i know I will be fine. everytime my phone rings i think it is someone calling me to tell me that someone has died. not a healthy thing. But i just need to hang in there...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Toby - I agree with the other posters. It will definitely help you to talk to someone-a counselor, pastor, or whoever. I've gotten to the point in my life where my sister and I are the oldest living generation. It was very hard to accept that we ARE the older generation. We feel like we're still just kids!

I have a very strong faith, and I firmly believe that my friends/family members who have died are with God for all eternity. Although we miss our loved ones when they're not here with us any more, they are no longer suffering. That knowledge makes it much easier for me when I think about how much I miss them.

Toby, I see that you're 24 and I recall going through a period of my life when death was heavy on my mind. I'm not saying chalk it up to your age, but I think many of us at one time or another have thought a lot about our own mortality as well as those we love. I'm almost 40 now and I don't think about it as much but every once in a while when I hear of someone dying or in a serious accident I think a little more about it than I usually do. Usually it reminds me to straighten up and live better and to have more fun and not be so serious all the time.

I think because you've experienced several losses at such a young age, you're going to think about it more than maybe others. It wouldn't hurt to talk to someone about it and hopefully with time you can put your fears to rest. It is inevitable that we will all die at some point but we can't let the fear of dying keep us from living. I have a son who is away at college and I worry about him but I can't let it consume me or I'll go crazy. My husband spent a year in Iraq and I had to keep myself from tuning into the news channels all the time because it seemed there was a bombing or helicopter crash every other day while he was over there. He's also a firefighter and while injuries or deaths of firefighters in my city aren't very common, it's still a possibility.

I don't want to minimize your fears but rather let you know that you're not alone in thinking this way. You just have to learn to take control of the anxiety and if speaking to someone will help you do that, then just by acknowledging the fear, you're already helping yourself and on your way to happier days.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Ok. I have a less intense issue, but an issue all the same. Last few months or so, I have been having anxiety type breathlessness (I know it isn't a health issue because I can in fact breath, just feel breathless) and it is usually right before my "time of the month". Has anyone else had similar issues? I also have a hard time sleeping a couple nights right around this time.
    Yup, with donuts!!

buglover, assuming the trouble you're having is that a deep breath won't reach all the way to the bottom of your lungs, I have the same problem in the summer. It bothered me enough to do some online research last summer and what I came up with is that it's not dangerous, just unpleasant, no one appears to know why it happens, and there isn't a remedy for it.

Do you sleep with your window open? I've found that the more fresh moving air was available, the more likely it was I could breathe properly. I shut the window a couple of weeks ago when it was -20 and I had the same problem.

If anyone else has any solution to this problem, buglover and I would love to hear it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread