+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1611Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Yep, that's me!;2240515;
    My pet turtle just died I know this doesn't compare other troubles, I just wanted to let it out. It's the only pet I've had in a long time, and it just died. It's so sad to just see an animal's body dead floating when you're going to feed it. I'm sorry, this really doesn't compare other stories that touch the heart, but, it stinks.
    I have 3 turtles myself Yep so I can sympathize with you...a pet is a pet and it doesn't matter if its a furry cuddle pet or one that swims in a tank...you still feel the loss.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Yep, that's me!;2240515;
    My pet turtle just died I know this doesn't compare other troubles, I just wanted to let it out. It's the only pet I've had in a long time, and it just died. It's so sad to just see an animal's body dead floating when you're going to feed it. I'm sorry, this really doesn't compare other stories that touch the heart, but, it stinks.
    Oh my! It does compare. It is not just a turtle, it was your pal. I used to have numerous turtles as a boy and it always hurt when one would pass away. my heart and thoughts go out to you!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2240158;
    Well here goes -

My Dad had his annual stress test (he's 73 has had 2 heart attacks, is healthy, has had diabetes for about 34 years now) and it looks like he needs another angioplasty (he has 7 stents now) this is a man who eats healthy, so this means another trip to the hospital. Also his kidneys are only filtering like 40% same as they've been for years instead of the 60% they should be doing, except the 40% is like a per centage lower than last year? (I'm getting this secondhand from my mom, so I'll wait until I talk to Dad, because I'm curious- Don't kidneys filter 100%?) but anyway that's it.
    Sorry to hear this Gabriel. You and now your family will remain in our thoughts and prayers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2240728;
    Sorry to hear this Gabriel. You and now your family will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank You. I'm sure everything will be fine. My Dad & Mom just seem really annoyed by this. But I think this blockage is the one they found with his first heart attack and said they wouldn't do anything until it was something like 80% blocked or whatever.

Wow! How did I miss that one? I'll be keeping you and your folks in my prayers, gabriel. Walnuts are supposed like Draino for the arteries. Tell him to eat more of those.
    Count your blessings!

Yepthat'sME: My condolences on the death of your turtle. All pets are precious because they are loved and love in return.

gabriel: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dad. It is true that they wait until it's really necessary to put in a stent. If he's fairly healthy, I'm sure the surgery will be fine. Cardiac care is normally top of the line. Do keep us posted. Hugs to your Mom too!
    --------

There was a recent murder up in Peace River. A 19 year old killed his 22 year old roommate. I just realized I know the parents of the dead boy and had met their son many years ago. They are a wonderful family who has fostered many children but he was their only son. It's a very difficult time for them.
    I don't understand this kind of violence.

Oh, and I found out that Gracie's mom, MOM, passed away in August. Her sister Snuggles is doing ok though. Gracie has Mom's green eyes.
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-14-2007 at 01:38 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Thanks everyone, it seriously means a lot. And you're right, it wasn't just a turtle, but a pal. And for all those with troubles, you're in my prayers.

well i have some troubles with my boyfriend see i haven't talked to him or seen him since the 24th of last month so I'm really worried about him cause i don't know what is going on with him and it has me really scared and i don't know what to do

Princess - Have you tried calling/asking him?

yes i have and nothing

+ Reply to Thread